What can I trim before harvest? Start of 2 week flush

HigherTheHigh

hello everyone!
im just wondering can i take most of the larger fan leaves of at the start or my 2 week flush?
as you can see they are bushy and bottom nugs are getting hidden a bit to much, i dont want to totally strip her i just need to no what is the maximum i can, last feed was today. going to start 2 week flush from monday, might end up running them into 3 weeks of flush
thanks everyone and comments are always appreciated!
IMG_20170228_120600.jpg
IMG_20170228_120514.jpg
IMG_20170228_120845.jpg

I take the large top leaves that block light and leave bottom...so they can continue to grab light

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If you have any doubts....ive been known to only trim half the leaf off....like they do with clones.....it will open the canopy....and still bring light to the plant...

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

During the flush you will notice the fan leaves start to fade and yellow as they yellow its common to pluck them off keeping the plant both clean and open.

You know the plant is well flushed when near all the leaves have yellowed and fallen off / been plucked off , they fall off if left on.

It makes for some clean tasty buds when fully ripe and flushed , if you can wait for it.

Generally when you start the flush it begins otherwise the leaves will stay green for what seems like forever.

On the day the photos were taking the plants look to need about three more weeks imo

i harvested them yesterday, found 3 buds with bud rot and there all hung up to dry.
iv got some northern lights autos to finish next, some are showing there nearly finished and some show there half way through.
IMG_20170312_145215.jpg

You got some nice size buds there , good catch on the bud rot. It may of been caused by high humidity

Make sure its say 50% or less humidity for drying , now that you know rot is around 60% might allow more to grow.
It might be good to cut the stalk off the bigger buds so they dry a little quicker

i think it was the high temps and high humidty for sure, few leaves had died back into the bud that i think caused some too.

my wet weight was 1774g & the plant had not been watered for 4 days.

i checked the 3 buds with bud rot today and it had not progressed or spread.

this was my first go at LST training, think it would of went better if id of controlled the bend on the main stem.

the auto northern lights are in a 4x8 tent now where the temp is 26-27.2c snf humidty is 50% which im really happy with.

Back
Top Bottom