WheelOFortune's - first turn

inferno,
im just takin a taste for a visitor, so as long as its dry enough to smoke. lol. I might need to turn a little heater on, as its been cold lately here and its slowin down the dry, but i still have days.

I've been buyn shit to smoke lately as I have been out for months and my boy's like 2 weeks behind my harvest date so hes very low too. (i think he's doin a better job than me :0(

PAN,
thanks man, dumb. lol, i im so glad i have a tent because that room has carpeting. Shop vac was instrumental. but i also used my syphon i use to empty the res. i would have been in a much worse situation if i didnt have those on hand.

so. . . i think i might be dissapointed in my return on this turn of the wheel.
I set a benchmark of at least 1lb. for my first turn, but with all of the yellowing, there isn't many fan leaves left and i think it has significantly slowed down growth. most of the strawberry coughs look like they have small buds and might dry out to only be a couple grams? . . . it should be noted that I had to really strain my mothers to get the 100 clones i took. The mothers we're probably my 6th generation of clones since i started them from seed, or a couple of years old. I think they were feeling the stress of my uneven hand and its old age.

The holy shits are much more hardy a plant, and are all filling out nicely. And there are a few nice strawberry cough that are monsters, bigger than my sample branch.

the buds do look frosty as hell and delicious. I do believe i will LOVE the smoke, but just not get the efficiency (g/w) that i was hoping for This is due to my unfamiliarity with the system, the RW cubes, and the new environment, and not the system itself.

I might have to wait for the dried product to tell, but so far I am not enjoying all of the benefits claimed by the manufacturer.
true claims i AM seeing so far:
1)the cylindrical planting drastically increases yield/space (3-5 times) ---i say 3.14 times. lol
2)feeding and watering management is simple and efficient -- very true, very easy so far.
3)ph at the roots remains consistent due to watering design --can not test this but my res stays consistant.
4)ight in the center means limited waste - it all goes to the growing ---so true. love it.
5)Omega Garden's can easily be moved - - also vey true. had to move it once after i set it all up.

Claims I am NOT seeing yet:
Omega Garden™ gives each plant the maximum lumens output resulting in up to 3-5 times the yield per watt while using only 1/3 of the space of a conventional flat garden!

I can not however blame my volks yet, i still have a couple runs and some new equipment to get her dialed in. I will however see an increase in my g/w over my last grow and i think thats a good start.

i will up date pics, whenever my wheel starts to look different. lol.

Don't worry to much Wheel you will get it.:ganjamon:

I wish you didn't want to grow organic. My nutes are very simple and last a very long time and are cheap less than 5 bucks for 4 tanks or 40 gallons. I my self am getting a very good yield per watt. A good plant for your next run would be an Afghan Kush I think it would fit fine at 3ft total with a 3 week veg time.:smokin:
It's been great following along your grow.:goodjob:

+rep if it lets me.

Pan4

I wish you didn't want to grow organic. My nutes are very simple and last a very long time and are cheap less than 5 bucks for 4 tanks or 40 gallons. I my self am getting a very good yield per watt. A good plant for your next run would be an Afghan Kush I think it would fit fine at 3ft total with a 3 week veg time.:smokin:

Pan4

thanks pan,

i would not be oppposed to trying something cheap, that works well. lol. i like the flavor of organic, but if i can significantly increase my yield, i would try it. What are you using?

3ft is too tall for my wheel, i only have 19" from the top of the rockwool to the cool tube. if you only veg a couple of days though, i think most strains would be ok. strawberry cough has sativa genes, and they are not too tall in the wheel.

I have my heart set on trying some autoflowers though. I think ill order 6-7 packs of some short auto's that stay under 15". theres probably 10 dwarf auto's out there now that wont get bigger than that. even if they only yield 10-15g each i would be very happy.

there are some short stuff seedbank seeds and low life seeds i've been eyeing:

here are the short stuff seeds i was considering
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
dope-seeds new release auto flowering strain- short stuff #1
Seeds per pack : 10
Type : Auto flowering William's Wonder / Northern Lights No. 2 / Mexican Ruderalis
Height : 10 — 15 inches
Harvest : 8-9 weeks from seed
Yield : 14-36g per plant
Indoors/Outdoors
Effect : surprisingly strong hit
Potency : 7/10
Snowryder autoflowering cannabis seeds - available now
Type : Auto flowering indica hybrid
Harvest : 8-10 weeks from seed
Yield : 18 — 34g per plant
Indoors/Outdoors
Effect : heavy indica hit
Potency : 8/10
short stuff automatic blue himalaya cannabis seeds
Harvest : 8-10 weeks from seed
Yield : 16 — 32g per plant
Indoors/Outdoors
Effect : heavy indica hit
=======================================================

here are three low life seeds i was considering
Automatic Hindu kush
Type : Autoflowering, sativa/indica F1 hybrid
Height : 10 — 14 inches
Harvest date : 9 weeks from seed
Yield : 14 — 30g per plant
Ideal light regime : 20/4 from seed to harvest
Ideal pot size : 5 litres
Environment : Indoors/Outdoors
Effect : Sedative/Couchlock/Manic Munchies
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Automatic lemon skunk
Difficulty : 6/10
Type : Auto flowering, sativa/indica hybrid
Height : 12 — 14 inches
Harvest : 10 weeks from seed
Yield : 14 — 28g per plant
Odour : 6/10
Ideal pot size : 5litres
Methods : Can be grown close together, not suitable for direct ground planting
Effect : Balanced Sativa/Indica
Potency : 7/10
Blueberry Kush
Difficulty : 5/10
Height : 10 — 14 inches
Harvest : 10 weeks from seed
Yield : 14 — 30g per plant
Odour : 8/10
Ideal pot size : 5litres
Methods : Can be grown close together, not suitable for direct ground planting
Effect : Indica couch lock, medicinal, lung expanding
========================================================

i wish i could find some joint doctor purple ryder seeds, but i can't.

let me know what you think pan,

I will sts one of the feminized strains and cross it with at least one of each of the other strains. Start my own seed bank. lol. all short auto genes should be pretty safe to say seeds will be short autos too. good enough for me to start breeding. and they look good to me anyways.

thanks for chimimng in.:yummy:

the low life's say they want 5 liters root space.

not gonna happen in my system, i hope that the hydroponics make up for some of that. do you think they would be stunted with only 3" cube?

its ok, big mouth.

you are just gonna have to wait for some clones.
If you only veg for 2-5 days, you should be great with any or all of those strains.

you might be waiting a few weeks anyways. lol. try and get some going in the mean time.

thanks dog, i've actually never grown any skunk. . . a friend of mine grew a skunk freebie and it sucked big time, but it was a free strain, and i don't know ecatly which one.

I know a lot of people like it, so im willing to give it a go.

personally i prefer sativa to indica, so i wish i could get the auto lemon skunk in feminized so i could use that to cross to the rest. infuse some sative in those heavy hitter indicas.

i have a lot of friends that like strong, regardless of sativa or indica, thats why they love the holy shit. so they would love some of these heavy strains.

lol, i didnt use the treeway thing. its still in the box.

I ran the pump, to a small piece of hose, to the control valve (the thing with the big twist knob) and another piece of hose up to the center port on the flood tray. this allows you to control the flow from the pump (it is too powerful to be hooked up to the flood tray directly)

just close the valve enough that the pump slowly (as long as it doesn't look like a fountain) fills the tray. then raise the return (nearest the edge) hose up a couple of inches inside the flood tray, and let the pump run until you reach equilibrium. At this equilibrium point, the water should be as high as it takes to submerge the bottom inch of the RW cubes.

I cant take pictures right now, my lights are off.

gl, im going to sleep.

So how is everything going with your grow? I myself liked the look and taste of blueberry the sen thing does have me worried too what does the others ones taste like has anyone tried any of them?.......... "wishing i lived near the boarder".....

Wheel your list is very good and your top 3 are excellent picks and should grow very well together. 3" rockwool will be fine for a root system. I like the lemon skunk its one of my fav's and you can grow it very short and squat.:cool:

Again you have a killer list you should do well. The nutes I'm using is the Dutchmaster gold series but I would leave out the liquid light you don't need it for small plants. But use the grow/flower, Max, Zone, Silica.:slide:

Pan4

thanks.

hmm. my boy Fbaker uses dutchmaster gold and gets huge colas, great yield too. seems like good stuff, but his bud seems kinda harsh to me.

It could just be the strain though, I will be in a unique position to compare, because he has a harvest 2 weeks behind mine, and i have HS in the wheel mostly with organic. 1 week in the beginning I used the dutchmaster gold i borrowed, and this week I am running CNS17 cause i'm out of big bloom. anyways I will be able to tell how much the nutes play in the taste with a bit of side by side comparison.

I dont think he uses the max, zone, an silica but he adds another brand of supplementals.

I might try it if/when i get an intelidose, i think the organics are more forgiving if you mess up.

the first time i tried his nutes, was the first yellow i saw. lol. he said that the people at the hydro store told him that its too prone to salt buildup for hydro. pfft. what do they know? much nada.

guess you showed him up pan. your system is bomb.

i'll let you know about the taste test when it happens.

thanks WOF

lucifer, the pump should never see any air, so i don't see how it'd aerate it. a good pump is 20-30 bucks at a pet store. you can get one online for like 10.

don't be like me and buy a $2000 system, and rely on $15 tds and ph meters. start amassing good tools and they will pay for themselves every turn.

the sample i took is now 4.8g mostly dried, i might lose another 10-20% in the next couple days. right on schedule but gonna be lighter than i thought. not a good sign for my yield this upcoming harvest.

how much longer till havest? if they look like the one u took you should get atlest 10 oz but if they got a few more weeks u might get a lb still well its your first run and a good one so even if its low as 8 next one will be better i think maxs was only 8 oz first run too not sure though

last call i think u had 70 left if u just get 4g each thats 10 oz

its hard to eyeball it the wheel is deceiving.
i think a few plants might dry out to 6-7g bud.
but the avg. might only be 3 g. there are a few that may only be 1-2 grams dried.

I might be pleasantly surprised. who knows.
today is day 51. i will start to watch the trich's soon. should be finishing up in 10 days or so. i doubt each plant will add another gram, but i can hope.

Back
Top Bottom