Wheelo's 3rd run - Attack of the Holy Shoots

here is a comparison shot

9-13

9-13-09-01.JPG

10 days later 9-23

9-23-Pre-Clone-1.JPG

one last thing,

i finally decided to take care of my little thrip problem before it gets worse, so i am foliar spraying with neem oil/ dish soap / RO. that should show these little bastards who's boss round these parts.

the dish soap acts as an emulsifier for the neem oil. plus it is a mild deterrent in its own right, but i just use it for emulsification.

Detergents are a class of surfactant, and will physically interact with both oil and water, thus stabilizing the interface between oil or water droplets in suspension. This principle is exploited in soap to remove grease for the purpose of cleaning. Here it is to stabilize the the oil of neem so when i spray down the plants the oil will distribute evenly to repel the thrips.

i was having res temp problems, so i switched res's again. i really liked how the other one opened in the front. this one sucks to open because the hoses are going into the top which opens on a hinge. i made it out of a 45 liter cooler. that should help maintain somewhat lower temps because its insulated. plus it will work well if i can afford some type of chiller, diy or bought.

i was having res temp problems, so i switched res's again. i really liked how the other one opened in the front. this one sucks to open because the hoses are going into the top which opens on a hinge. i made it out of a 45 liter cooler. that should help maintain somewhat lower temps because its insulated. plus it will work well if i can afford some type of chiller, diy or bought.

If you were running a simple DWC system, do those chillers have built-in pumps, or do you have to have an external?

BTW, thanks for you input on the fan discussion ;).

no, most chillers require you to buy a pump. maybe a big one wouldn't but one that i would want would be less than 1/4 hp and would probably need to get a pump too.

np of the fan stuff, i remember all that flow rate stuff from thermo very well. lol. stay in school kiddies, its worth it.

wish i could afford a chiller

yeah me too. lol, but i love doing this so much, i'd pass up a lot of other stuff to get one. i will, its just a matter of time. . .

when you plan on growing for a long time, it's cool to build your inventory as you go. right now i live in a tiny space, i have a small apt. and a small room with a small space. that's why i grow upside down. I had the money, not the space, so i want to max it out. when i got the volks, that was a huge step up for me. the most light i had ever used before the volks was 400w. i got the volks and it went up to 600. this grow is the first time i am ever using 1000w (600+400).

now that im up at 1000w, there is more light and heat and i need to do something for my res temps. for now, i turned my air conditioner again, even though it probably looks weird that i have ac on in this cool weather.

so a chiller is on the short list with nutes. should be any day now i get my money, after i pay out all my debt, if i'm left with a grand i'd be happy. stock up the AN line in 1 liters, and get a dehumidifier, if i can afford a chiller i will, if not, i will build one because i have to do something.

i took these last night but fell asleep before i posted so here they are:

here are some of the wheel girls. they took a bit of normal shock from the spin and curled her leaves, also the growth seems kinda slow to me but very even so maybe thats why. usually the auxins work against gravity and the top grows the fastest, being spun i think is confusing them as to which way is up so all of the brances are kinda growing at the same pace. so i imagine developing 6 tops instead of just one at this stage of rootmass might be a bit hard for them.

this makes me think maybe i should have let them run up a bit before i trained them, but i wanted to get them when their meristem was still soft. anyways im cool with it, just might take an extra bit of time to get them bigger. as you can see though, they have grown new nodes on the top. 3 or 2 depending on the plant.

9-29-01.JPG

9-29-02.JPG

9-29-03.JPG

9-29-04.JPG

9-29-05.JPG

9-29-06.JPG

here are the dirty girls.

9-29-07.JPG

9-29-08.JPG

here is the mom, man she recovered quickly from the cloning. i let him take 6 clones from her, but with her big root mass she came back quickly.

9-29-09.JPG

and here are the GWS. man, McBuds has got me excited to see these girls in action.

i have to admit i've let the RW on these two get bone dry a few times alredy and they don't show any stress so that's good. I think i might put them in the wheel to veg just so i can automate their feeding. as a matter of fact i might do that right now.

9-29-10.JPG

thanks everyone for stopping in,

lol, MOTM not looking good, but second is nice too i guess. andy is the man too so its cool. keep missing it by an inch. doh!

btw, i went to home depot today and made the frame for a scrog. i have finally decided since my veg time will be necessarily long anyways, might as well get the maximum yield that i can and scrog the dirty girls. I had to rearrange the whole tent. lol, it was a pain. organic scrog, mmmm, i hope this turns out well, i think it will, i have very big rooting space. I still need to get some kind of risers to keep them from sitting in any runoff, then i will install the actual screen. It is 1" square plastic garden fence, but i will install it and then cut out the middle of each set of four 1" squares to make it 2" square, do you follow? so if you imagine a box with a plus sign in the middle that makes a grid of 4 1" boxes, i will cut out the plus sign to make it 2x2. this will be a bit time consuming to do, but its better to do that now than to have to do surgery at harvest time.

the tent is just starting to feel like its filling up, but i still have a bunch of veg time left. . . i can't wait to get to the flower stage. still another month away, but i am starting to see better growth from all of these girls. I am hoping to get a full lb. from the dirty side. and I want 2 from the wheel. can anyone say canna butter - tincture - bubble hash??

Also, I bought a 2 gal sprayer with a wand and a 48" hose to make watering them easier. It will take a bit longer to feed this way, but a hell of a lot easier to get in under the screen for the rear ones. the screen is 34"x44" so 1496in^2 which is a little over 10 square feet.

I also took out my AC from the window and duct taped the tent back together. If i left the AC in over the winter it would give me some cold cold night periods come winter, and with the screen in i wouldn't be able to take it out later. the air exchange with my two inline fans is enough circulation to keep temps down as long as i keep the door open. I appreciate the heat of the lamps in the winter anyways. . . its usable heat.

anyways thats about it from the grow room. gotta get a dehumidifier, some risers, and possibly a chiller. then nutes and i am done buying shit for this grow. thank god. still gonna spend over a grand.

Back
Top Bottom