White Widow, Jack Herer, Power Plant In Coco & Perlite

The porch is not easy to spot at all from the street so they had to have been scoping the porches really well waiting to pounce.
Wow, that's crazy Candy! They actually watch where the truck stops. Once the truck leaves they usually swoop in within minutes.

It’s unbelievable isn’t it, the swerve that someone’s random act of selfishness can put in your life? Whatever you do don’t confront him. Take a photo if you can. A go pro in a hedgerow? Be safe!
Your husband’s friend smelled your garden from your porch. Your intruder stood there too.
Really be safe please Candy.

I love dogs what kind of dogs do you have?

On this..

Me too :high-five: So glad.
Your gardens are looking beautiful.
:yummy::peace:
The smell was something I thought about as well. I’m here all day everyday by myself and it definitely concerns me. (Another reason why his mother got us a home security system that has 4 cameras for Christmas that’s still sitting in the box :eye-roll:) we have the ring on the garage door but that does no good if they hop the fence in the front of the house or come from the back ally. We live in his grandmothers home that he got when she passed away, and this use to be a nice neighborhood once upon a time. Heck just last year he had his phone stolen out of the garage! We had company over and he had his phone in the garage and came inside for less than 5 mins Phone was gone! Lots of brazen opportunists around here. Love the house hate the neighborhood.
Onto the lighter note of puppers :) we’ve got a blue dapple dachshund and another one not quite sure but he looks like a jack russell mixed with a whippet. They are both a mess but I love em:love:
And on the garden sentiment :thanks::green_heart:
Wow, that's crazy Candy! They actually watch where the truck stops. Once the truck leaves they usually swoop in within minutes.
Yep that’s what the lowly scum does :confused:

Dang y’all I swear there’s something working against me today it’s just been one of those days. A little while ago my man went into the grow room and he shut the door on his way out :oops: I had said on quite a few occasions that I keep that bedroom door open because with it closed the humidity will spike stupid high well fun fun it got up to 67%!! it had to have been closed for about an hour before I went to check the girls and noticed it, (I did get it down to 54% again when I opened everything up) then just before lights out I noticed Widow #2 had some crinkling leaves on 2 of her branches like she’s now getting light stress?? It’s only on the Widows..two branches on #2 and 3 branches on #1, it’s not all over and it’s just on the top...I took a really good look at the color and they still look a little darker than they should so I think for tomorrow’s feed I’m going to have to back down to 5.5gr/g for a few feeds and slowly work my way back up to 6gr/g..or run some plain water thru then follow up immediately with 6gr/g :hmmmm: I dunno my brain is tired and it’s been a long day. Here's a few pics of the problem children and some random shots I took at lights out with the flash.
DDA09643-6561-48EB-8BBC-93CD86FF3121.jpeg
B08872AA-04AC-489F-AAE1-860FC86343F6.jpeg
37C6044E-0215-45EC-BD63-979F0B2ECBA6.jpeg
0E4633D0-407F-4225-8D4A-5856216A8F14.jpeg
6E743BDE-AA86-498A-86C3-22598EFDACE9.jpeg
184172F6-1976-427F-882D-5ACA22F47B3C.jpeg
EE389FFF-E836-48B9-8B98-A596115A1FB6.jpeg
73357234-8D54-4FF7-AD0C-50ADE1012EAD.jpeg
4884A5D7-93D7-408B-B880-7EEB12788AC3.jpeg
1AA2B38D-8273-4C5D-A58F-062D8623D180.jpeg

Sorry that happened to you but glad the Zon stepped up right away!
A dasch and a Jack, that's an opposite of breeds for sure, that Jack is going to run circles around the dasch and drive him crazy with at energy.
What a lovely flower tent you have going on!

or run some plain water thru then follow up immediately with 6gr/g :hmmmm: I
You can yes, but I wouldn't hit them with 6g's. Stick with 5.5gs like you said on the last one and work your way back up.
Are the lower leaves taco'ing up like that too or just the tops? Middles?

You can yes, but I wouldn't hit them with 6g's. Stick with 5.5gs like you said on the last one and work your way back up.
Are the lower leaves taco'ing up like that too or just the tops? Middles?
Just those few tops nothing on the lowers are doing that and it’s just the widows that have the funky taco, the PP’s have some slight taco (nothing like the widows tho and it’s just a few top leaves and my jacks in the other tent have no taco but a couple of leaves that have an ever so slight claw.

Just those few tops nothing on the lowers are doing that and it’s just the widows that have the funky taco, the PP’s have some slight taco (nothing like the widows tho and it’s just a few top leaves and my jacks in the other tent have no taco but a couple of leaves that have an ever so slight claw.
How far out do you think til harvest? I personally may not worry too much about adjusting things this late in the grow. Some good ole water blasted through with a 5.5g follow up may be all they need to keep them happy. The buds are doing well and unless something serious happens the reduction in growth from what is going on now is minimal if any at all.

Sorry that happened to you but glad the Zon stepped up right away!
A dasch and a Jack, that's an opposite of breeds for sure, that Jack is going to run circles around the dasch and drive him crazy with at energy.
What a lovely flower tent you have going on!
Thank you for the sentiments on the garden :green_heart: I’m super happy they stepped up too and so quickly! Those pups are so crazy (well they aren’t puppies anymore) but the Dasch reminds me of a grumpy old man who still looks like a baby, and the Jack is my jittery guy who just follows me around the house.
How far out do you think til harvest? I personally may not worry too much about adjusting things this late in the grow. Some good ole water blasted through with a 5.5g follow up may be all they need to keep them happy. The buds are doing well and unless something serious happens the reduction in growth from what is going on now is minimal if any at all.
The Power Plants are supposed 8 wks which put them at Feb 18th and the Widows and Jacks are supposed 9wks which puts them at Feb 25th. Thank you for your help my brain is just really fried this evening. :love:

Take two of these :hug: :hug: and call me in the evening. Get some rest kiddo!
:thanks: I’ll definitely take ya up on that :hug::hug: and here’s some of this to help for the rest :passitleft:nighty night!

If it’s just at the tops, it would seems to me like it’s the lights, not the feed. How’s the light distance/intensity?
The intensity is at 80% and had been on that for quite a while now and it wasn’t happening at that intensity until the other day. The lowest recommended is 12” above the canopy and its 13” above the tallest part of the canopy and about 20” above the one that it canoed the worst but nada on the one that’s closet :hmmmm: I felt the same but none of it makes any sense to me, felt like it was possibly the feed due to it being just after feeding a few doses of the 6.5gr/g and the green being a little to dark possibly making it more sensitive:hmmmm:

Anywho, my plan was to decrease the MC to 6.0gr/g because of the burned tips with a slight claw on a couple and bump the intensity of the light to around 80% because of the few canoed leaves.
Does this plan sound reasonable?
If it’s just at the tops, it would seems to me like it’s the lights, not the feed. How’s the light distance/intensity?
So I think HH the plan to reduce the feed was because of the burned tips and the clawing. The canoed leaves she reduced the intensity down to 80% with the thinking it's a light issue.
I had asked if the lowers were doing it too as a sign of K def and they are not. That tacoing will most likely remain there as the leaf is damaged but the goal would be to stop it from getting worse.

Just throwing in my thoughts for the think tank. I had a similar issue with my autos (burnt tips and tacoing) because my coco was drying too fast. Just got me wondering about the lights. I get lowering the food for the tips, but why would too much feed cause them to taco?
Edit: things are clicking into place in my mind - she already lowered light intensity for the tacoing, and now we’re waiting to make sure it’s not worsening?

I had a similar issue with my autos (burnt tips and tacoing) because my coco was drying too fast. Just got me wondering about the lights.
It was mentioned to Candy at the time to water more frequently as well. It's tough for her to do, so I'm not sure if she's been able to manage that or not.
I get lowering the food for the tips, but why would too much feed cause them to taco?
Yes, we are trying to tackle two problems at once. The lower feed was to correct the burning tips and clawing and the light intensity drop to see if the tacoing slows down.
I have my doubts about the light only becasue of how far away it is. I keep wanting to think excess K from being too high on the MC.

Yeah, I do remember that. I was one of the ones saying - don’t double feed. I just don’t want to have given poor advice if that’s the problem.
Different strains will tolerate the light differently. If the light is only 13” away, I’d keep watch on that. Definitely agree about lowering the MC. I’m still learning about it, but 6.5 seems high, is that the full bloom recommended dose?

Yeah, I do remember that. I was one of the ones saying - don’t double feed. I just don’t want to have given poor advice if that’s the problem.
I don't think it was poor advice at all. People water coco differently. Preston I believe waters to run-off daily because he kept getting wet feet. Twice a day with coco is quite common during flower and since the plants looked light in color the suggestion was to feed more frequently.
Different strains will tolerate the light differently. If the light is only 13” away, I’d keep watch on that. Definitely agree about lowering the MC. I’m still learning about it, but 6.5 seems high, is that the full bloom recommended dose?
According to their calculator, yes! However that doesn't mean it's OK to feed that amount. There's a point where the plant can't take any more MC. The plants continue to look green because of the high N content but they are struggling inside with excessive amounts of micro nutrients.

Wasn’t poor advice chicka! I’ve been watering these ones daily since they were still midway thru veg. I was slowly bumping them up and just went a little to hard on them recently but noticed their color was darker than they should be so I was gonna go back down either way on them. It was my girls that are still in veg that I was not pushing hard enough that were light in color that we were talking about the frequency of feeding ;) I’m definitely keeping and eye on the taco’s it’s just a little odd that it’s on some of the once’s that are further away from the light even on the two plants that it’s happening on as opposed to closest too so it just had me a lil perplexed. I truly appreciate all the input:love:
I don't think it was poor advice at all. People water coco differently. Preston I believe waters to run-off daily because he kept getting wet feet. Twice a day with coco is quite common during flower and since the plants looked light in color the suggestion was to feed more frequently.

According to their calculator, yes! However that doesn't mean it's OK to feed that amount. There's a point where the plant can't take any more MC. The plants continue to look green because of the high N content but they are struggling inside with excessive amounts of micro nutrients.
The girls in veg that were light in color are being fed 6gr/g daily and their color is about where they should be as of right now and I’m keeping close tabs on them. These ones I agree I tried to push them too hard and they no likey so I ran some plain water thru them and followed up with 5.5gr/g MC immediately this morning.

Every bit of input i receive is very much appreciated and it all goes up in the memory learning bank :love:

The girls in veg that were light in color are being fed 6gr/g daily and their color is about where they should be as of right now and I’m keeping close tabs on them. These ones I agree I tried to push them too hard and they no likey so I ran some plain water thru them and followed up with 5.5gr/g MC immediately this morning.
lol, I'm easily confused with multi-journals. As long as you keep me in line we're good!
it all goes up in the memory learning bank :love:
Apparently mine is full :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom