Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

I do not. I only remove any branches that wont make it to the canopy after they have been flipped and the stretch is over. I'll do some selective defol at that point as well.

Thanks ... I'm getting closer to understanding defoliation ... but the variation in light defoliation and heavy defoliation here is incredible ... both seem to work ...

Personally ... I'm leaning towards light selective defoliation right now ...

I've tried larger plants in soil with lots of training ... and now I'm going to try primary colas in coco with just a little training ... hopefully that will simplify things for me.

I'll keep plugging away at this growing thing ... but I may have to hire a gardener to help me out :)

BTW ... I think people are going to be quite impressed with your latest Dr. Seeds journal ... I definitely was ... very professional grade photos!!! I hope they use some of those photos on their web site!

I'll keep plugging away at this growing thing ... but I may have to hire a gardener to help me out :)

what ya payin?? Lol
In my grows, especially this current one I’ve got going. I started with defoliation so that every single last node gets direct light and the best chance at making a good shoot. The plants responded to it in such a way that I was then on forced to defoliate lest I have huge, completely unmanageable bushes.

Shoot, just last night I took out my 3 cookies n chem girls to give them all nutes. So of course, I took the opportunity to clean up the other two I hadn’t really cleaned a bit too.

I took a whole mess of leaves and shoots. I think all that sucker growth was holding my girls back.

Hey @MrSauga ill have to post up a picture of the SP tonight so you can see where she’s at. She at flip +34 today, so a solid 3 weeks ahead of your chem4

I used to CRINGE whenever I would remove healthy branches from the lowers. One thing I've started doing is waiting until my plants are completely finished stretching before any major foliage removal. Once I know how tall and wide a plant will be I can better determine which buds will be larfy and which will be top quality and trim accordingly. Since I hate trimming I tend to be a little more aggressive coming up from the bottom trimming. I'm known to have long legged girls in my tent.

Hey @MrSauga ill have to post up a picture of the SP tonight so you can see where she’s at. She at flip +34 today, so a solid 3 weeks ahead of your chem4
Awesome Chef! I hear you're a tough act to follow so I'll have to stay on my A-game :) I look forward to seeing your progress.

what ya payin?? Lol
In my grows, especially this current one I’ve got going. I started with defoliation so that every single last node gets direct light and the best chance at making a good shoot. The plants responded to it in such a way that I was then on forced to defoliate lest I have huge, completely unmanageable bushes.

Shoot, just last night I took out my 3 cookies n chem girls to give them all nutes. So of course, I took the opportunity to clean up the other two I hadn’t really cleaned a bit too.

I took a whole mess of leaves and shoots. I think all that sucker growth was holding my girls back.

Well @ChefDGreen ... let's work something out ... I'll give you 25% of the harvest ... and a Cannabis Christmas Calendar ...

0_xmascal-1.jpg

Thanks for the tips everyone ... I keep asking questions ... And I just got some advice from @Emilya on plant height and canopies ... and @Mr. Krip gave some good advice on defoliation ... and so many others are chiming in ...

I really like this site!

So ... I'm hoping I can put a bunch of this info together and grow a really nice plant one day ... maybe even a a one pound plant one day ...

But after I do my SOG though ... which as of yesterday took a turn for the better ... my clones have started to grow roots out of the starter cubes and my coco plants haven't died :)

I used to CRINGE whenever I would remove healthy branches from the lowers. One thing I've started doing is waiting until my plants are completely finished stretching before any major foliage removal. Once I know how tall and wide a plant will be I can better determine which buds will be larfy and which will be top quality and trim accordingly. Since I hate trimming I tend to be a little more aggressive coming up from the bottom trimming. I'm known to have long legged girls in my tent.

I'm going to try #ClubMinimalDefoliation with my current Chemdawg ... and try to grow it a bit more up than out this time ...

I was undecided about the larf so I kept it on one plant and removed it on another. I'm too new to notice a difference in growth ... but I did notice the larf acted like a buffer for my buds ... it was like it helped protect the trichomes like the sugar leaves do when I was drying them in the jars.

I think @Emilya may have just hinted that growth nodes in the upper 1/3 of the plant really matter ... and I'm wondering if it is okay to keep a bunch of the lower fan leaves and just let the plant cannibalize them them ... but remove the growth nodes because they aren't going to make it.

Using the top 1/3 as a rule of thumb ... then it makes good sense to defoliate after stretch is done ...

I forgot to mention I got that warm n fuzzy feeling when my first clone got roots yesterday ... actually it was more like a ... :)

You were the person with Alien clone right?

Which strain improves memory again :)

I lowered the lights yesterday. The plants are now 8 - 9 in. away from the lights and the temp is in the 80%. I have 2 fans blowing in my 5 by 3 grow space. I think, I'll try to fine another fan. I haven't got much but I'm going to make it work.:hippy:
Hiya Bean... I have to ask why you have not started a journal yet? You can see plenty of people want to help and it makes it so much easier when we can view back and see what has happened from day one. I for one would like to know more about your environment and why the temps are so high this early. I'm assumed it was the light, but now with the height at 9" surely those little things would perish.
So I'm confused :hmmmm:
You may have explained it here already and I missed it so my apologies. If you do get one up and running let me know.

Back
Top Bottom