Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

I've been bring down the pH to 6.3. And, I do not no the pH of FFOF soil. This is the 8th grow and I always have trouble growing in Flowering not seedling. I'm watering like Emilya has taught but there is a ?. How, much flow of water come out the bottom of the solo cups when watering. Just, a dribble, or a little drainage out all sizes. I've been watering for just a dribble. Is that right? :bong:

Hiya Bean... I have to ask why you have not started a journal yet? You can see plenty of people want to help and it makes it so much easier when we can view back and see what has happened from day one. I for one would like to know more about your environment and why the temps are so high this early. I'm assumed it was the light, but now with the height at 9" surely those little things would perish.
So I'm confused :hmmmm:
You may have explained it here already and I missed it so my apologies. If you do get one up and running let me know.

Hi, I am in the running of Chemdog, even if I don't have a Chemdog. I'm in the process of caughting and learning how this plant is grown. MrSauga, my communication skill aren't good at all. I do see ware you are coming from in starting a journal, it is now an idea. I'm still at the start, of a grow, so, that is good.:yummy:

I've been bring down the pH to 6.3. And, I do not no the pH of FFOF soil. This is the 8th grow and I always have trouble growing in Flowering not seedling. I'm watering like Emilya has taught but there is a ?. How, much flow of water come out the bottom of the solo cups when watering. Just, a dribble, or a little drainage out all sizes. I've been watering for just a dribble. Is that right? :bong:
yes, I water slowly to make sure that I have saturated the soil, and then I stop at the first sign of dribble.

See if others agree with me. I think it would benefit you to either lower your lights or raise your plants closer to the lights to slow down that stretching.

Hey @Bean 7175 - I agree with Beez on this. I think your plants are craving more light. But like @MrSauga I'm a bit worried about your temps. Good that you are working on air circulation/fans. Do you know what your humidity is running? With temps that high, I think you'd want to either increase the humidity, or try to cool things down. Glad you have them above ground though, and the mice have given you a break!

Hey @Bean 7175 - I agree with Beez on this. I think your plants are craving more light. But like @MrSauga I'm a bit worried about your temps. Good that you are working on air circulation/fans. Do you know what your humidity is running? With temps that high, I think you'd want to either increase the humidity, or try to cool things down. Glad you have them above ground though, and the mice have given you a break!

Bard, my humidity is running 30% and the temp has gotten up to 81%. I don't know why they don't burn up. I am just running 4 6400k's or is it 6500k's. Led's replacement t5's. It gets to hot with 8 lights running. What height do you think is a good height from top of the plant to the tip of the lights? I'm thinking of running 8 lights and raise the lights. I'll have to sit in there with the plants to watch the temp.

You guys beat me too it!

Bean... the chart that Penny shared is a great tool. If you need help with interpreting it, just let us know, but it is pretty straightforward.

I was going to suggest that you target something around 60% humidity if your temps are in the high 70s, but it looks like even higher than that would be a good idea. Do you have a humidifier? If not, even hanging a damp towel in the area can help a bit. But it is a long way from 30% humidity to 60-70%. You can get small humidifiers on the 'zon for not a lot of money.

Hope that helps.

Do you guys have a preference or opinion one way or the other with mainline vs quadline? I would like to know what people think is the better training technique and why. Thanks.

For every grow, except for my recently harvested one, I've used Nugbucket's Mainline/Manifold method to squeeze four plants with eight colas each into a 2' X 4' tent. Each branch that forms a cola is the same number of nodes from the roots, and has the same length for the nutrients to get to the colas. This results in colas that are roughly the same size.

The quadline method is a little faster, as you start with four branches rather than two, and the branches holding the colas have different node counts to the roots. This means they have different length paths for the nutrients to reach the colas.

The mainline method is slower than the quadline in veg, but it worked well for me.

Monday, September 30, 2019 - Update

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) Tribute

0_Terminator2_Header.jpg

Terminator 2: Judgement Day was the highest grossing film of 1991 ...
... the same year Chemdog, the man, discovered Chem Dog, the strain.

28 Years Of Chem Dog

As the story goes, Chem met P-Bud and Joe Brand on the lot in Deer Creek and purchased an ounce of a strain called Dogbud for $500. Later, he asked Joe to mail a few more ounces to him in Western Massachusetts, one of which contained 13 magic seeds.

Joe Brand says he got a few pounds of Dogbud from some friends of a friend in Crested Butte, Colorado. Allegedly, the strain originated somewhere on the California/Oregon border. They called it the Dog, but Joe thought it tasted “chemmy” and nicknamed it Chem. Some called it Chemweed and others Dogbud. Chem combined the two names and came up with Chem Dog.

As P-Bud himself recently recounted to me, “It’s amazing that the Chem Dog strains have been preserved all these years. When I first saw the Dogbud in 1991, I could not believe what I was seeing—I’m so glad Chem found those seeds and did what he did with them. And it was never ‘Chem Dawg’—it’s always been ‘Chem Dog.’ It’s a combination of ‘Chemweed’ and ‘Dogbud.’ Joe Brand and I started calling the Dogbud ‘Chemweed’ because it tasted so strong. Chem took the words ‘Chem’ and ‘Dog,’ and there you have it …. ”

When Chem got home from the tour, he popped the first four of the 13 seeds. One plant was a male and unfortunately discarded. The three females were dubbed “Chem Dog” (now known as the Chem 91), “Chem Dog A” (now Chem’s Sister) and “Chem Dog B.” The 91 immediately became the most desirable and went on to serve as a parent for many of the most popular strains of the last 25 years, including Sour Diesel, OG Kush and their many offspring. But these continue to be matters of much dispute, so let’s hear from the folks who were there.

The Hero

IMG_20190930_172215_theterminator.jpg
The Terminator
5 gallon FF Ocean Forest Soil - Quadline
The Villian

IMG_20190930_172229_t1000.jpg
T-1000
3 gallon coco - Mainline
The Expectations

I was reading that a 5 gallon soil container is equivalent to a 3 gallon coco container ... so the yields should be about the same in the end.

I've tried quadlining ... now I want to try mainlining ... might as well do them in parallel.

The Clones

I used the "mod-quad" method on "The Terminator". This meant I had 3 levels on the plant.

I took 4 clones from the top level and tried the water method.

I failed miserably ... and all 4 clones clones died within a few days ... actually they were just a pile of black wilted mush at the end. What a waste of plant parts :(

Hasta la vista, baby :)

For every grow, except for my recently harvested one, I've used Nugbucket's Mainline/Manifold method to squeeze four plants with eight colas each into a 2' X 4' tent. Each branch that forms a cola is the same number of nodes from the roots, and has the same length for the nutrients to get to the colas. This results in colas that are roughly the same size.

The quadline method is a little faster, as you start with four branches rather than two, and the branches holding the colas have different node counts to the roots. This means they have different length paths for the nutrients to reach the colas.

The mainline method is slower than the quadline in veg, but it worked well for me.

Thanks @Old Salt ... I will try to find that thread here ... I'm going to try that technique on my "T-1000" plant this round.

I think @irie lion was mainlining recently so I'll head over to his thread too.

Do you have any articles bookmarked that helped you learn the technique? Any pitfalls I need to watch out for maybe?

ttyl amigo

lol ... I was searching for @nugbucket here at 420 ... :)

Back
Top Bottom