SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

SpiriTHC

Ladies & Gentlemen
of
:420:
I bring to you with the inspiration of 420fied! Twelve12! Xare! Godspeed! Mr.KRIP!! Juicy Soil! BID! MrGIMMEDAT! Fcng! Sqwheels! BigPapa! SauronBlue! With influences by SteveHman! OMM! DocBud! Xlr8! And every journal I heave read on this wonderful Website that I cannot seem to get enough!
THE TIME AS COME!!!

Tsunami of Green Begins!!​

Right now I have 8 moms in progress! for this giant SOG! Which will be a comparison of 2L hempy and 2L DWC-H as the pots! and Cyco's Platinum Series entire line vs. the proud amazing sponsor Blue Planet Nutrients!

I am running these comparison(s) as a first time grower so may not be the most accurate I am just finding out what i am going to stick to and help everyone else decide! also since no one has done a run like this is should be extremely informative and FUN!! :high-five:

Veg Size Buckets
Bucket Size - 3 gallon (in the white bags) 5 Gallon smart pots (fabric)

Medium - 50% coco 50% perlite in the white Bags & 50/50 FoxFarm & HappyFrog mix for the 5 gallon soil moms!

Flower Size Buckets
Bucket Size - 2L + 2L DWC-H

Medium - Coco/Perlite 50/50

Lights -- Veg -- Sunleaves Pioneer(s) t5's (GROW) 8 of them over the mom(s) and a set of 4 over the clone(s)
Lights -- Flower -- 1000HPS Lumatek(2) and Digilux(1) bulbs inside 1000W Predator King Kobra 6" Air Cooled Hoods(3) being cooled by a 700 cfm exhaust fan! All the lights are lined up for a straight shot of cooling(no bends for full cfm's) Powered by Lumatek Superlumens Digital Ballasts(3) Dimmable! 600-750-1000-SuperLumens wattage!

Nutrients - GH Flora Nova (Grow) For Vegging!
Nutrients - Entire Cyco Platinum Series Line! vs. BPN (soon to order!)

Strain(s) - Black Domina & THC Snow!

# of Plants: To be dated..

Yield : To be dated...

THE ROOMS!

Space used was a garage! completely cleaned it out blocked out everything and bought a bunch of 2x4x10' got me all the tools i need (saw, drills, etc.) and got to work to build the frame! Then I went ahead and bought insulation and made it thermal controlled! after i went ahead and put the drywall up and made it nice and airtight and seal-able! Then put up some doors and a code lock door handle!

Veg Room Size and Material - Its roughly 5.5'Lx8'Wx8'H I put up panda paper (black and white poly) looks very clean and much less noisier and does not tare like mylar (which i wont ever use again) plus i love the white! easier to spot things! and much more durable for my air flow! I have a 6 inch fresh-air flow intake and a 6 inch 400cfm exhaust fan to create circulating fresh air flow and then a 10,000btu portable a/c unit to maintain the temp (since it gets hot) i have a humidifier in the room to adjust properly! I have 1 Badass Blades (so sick) that cools and breezes the plants around 1 DIY 72 site aeroponic cloner (thanks 420fied and Twelve12!) along with a iPod radio player! Listening to jams!!! They love it! My plants are never sad or unhealthy! i just burn them once in a while! hahahhahaa new to nutes.. i learn now .. dont ever push it ! it looks right stick to it! K.I.S.S!

Flower Room Size and Material - Roughly 8'Lx15'Wx8'H I put up reflective infrared barrier sheets along the walls and ceiling for stealth of course! made by NASA! shit is so expensive but safety over everything! I have a ridiculous 60inch tall carbon filter with a 1260 cfm fan exhausting straight into an attic (looks like NASA made my filter too haha) 10' intake whisperline fan on the bottom of room for fresh air intake (i dont put it on because the carbon filter sucks so hard it just forces air in thru the opening LOL) The lights are hung by a pulley system I made with heavy duty cable and cranks! (makes lifting these heavy ass lights effortless and the cranks are like quarter inch ticks which makes it precisely where I want them to be! with three gears Forward, Neutral, and Reverse!) I have an HPH-8 Light controller for my ballasts (I did the electrical wiring to make sure I can support my room(s) which was difficult to figure out since I have never built a room or done a/c and electric in my entire life.. shit ive never grown a plant EVER! this is my first time and DID EVERYTHING! The pursuit of happiness is what I call it!) but yeah i got it running nicely! Oh yes! and a 14,000 BTU portable a/c unit for the room to cool things off! those lights are no joke at 1000khps! but all this equip/design to maintain temps! and just to set it off i have a CHHC-4 Sentinel environmental controller! thats attached to my c02 regulator! to ENRICH these buds!

Flowering Method:
2L Hempy + DWC-H

All my plants have a spiritual connection with me and we know our roles and duties! They love me! but i Do Love them MORE! :circle-of-love:

:welcome: To my journal of never ending fruits! Tsunami of Green BEGIN!

NOW for the pics!
Outside of the room!
Green_025.jpg

Some mother pics! and dropped 50 clones in 5 days ago! no sign of roots yet :( the reservoir has few drops of superthrive and like 2.5ml of silica in the cyco line to help with harsh conditions there is 15 gallons of water in tub so i doubt that will do much but worth a shot! plants bounced back overnight when i took the cuttings and look nice and perky! just no roots yet :( UPDATE: There are roots after 5-6days being in the cloner! HALLELUJAH

Green_022.jpg

Green_021.jpg

Green_014.jpg

Green_010.jpg

Green_009.jpg

Green_007.jpg

Green_006.jpg

Green_003.jpg

Green_002.jpg

Green_001.jpg

Dropped in 50 clones in the 72 site!
Green_027.jpg

:thanks: guys!

NOW WHO JOINING THIS JOURNEY WITH ME!
I HAVE DONE IT MANY TIMES WITH YOU GUYS AND WOULD LOVE EVERYONE(S) COMPANY!!!!!!!!

:thanks:
:peace:&:love:

P.S photos of flower room will be put in later today!

re: SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

Hey :420: !!

Here is the update on the Flowering Room!

To start it off is a picture of my huge carbon filter
And 14,000btu portable a/c unit! both are being ducted straight into the attic

(In the attic I have a 1630 cfm fan taking out the heat from the attic and it out to the atmosphere! by then cooled and odorless!)

Green_041.jpg

Little Duct Action!
Green_042.jpg

Here are my cranks attached to my pulley system to easily raise and lower my 3 1000k's (they are heavy)
Green_043.jpg

Some pulley action shots!
Green_044.jpg

Green_045.jpg

Here are some displays of the hoods ( all the reflective sheets are no on yet.. soon tho!)
Green_046.jpg

And to show you how they raise and lower within inches if necessary! ;) pretty cool just in case i got perpetual going (which will be for the most part in the beginning until I can fill room all at once)
Green_047.jpg

The 700cfm exhaust fan to air cool the lights! Going straight into the attic! Which is being cooled and pulled out of attic to air by a 1630cfm attic fan!
Green_051.jpg

Here is a photo of the straight shot of lights into fan then into the attic! The wires are everywhere in this pic! but is being neatly assembled and tucked away from hazards! Pic was taken during construction! :)
Green_054.jpg

And a picture of one of the light(s) with the lumatek 1000hps bulb DIMMED to 600watts! the difference to superlumens is GIGANTIC!!! was fucking with the camera to be honest so this came out as a better pic!
Green_052.jpg

All pictures taken by an iPad
So bare with me until I get a new camera so I can have those legit pictures all you guys have!

Well there is the update!
Feel free to give me some feedback of what you Like/Dislike!
Any criticism would be more than helpful!
My first room I built! EVER! So I dont expect to know anything/everything!

SteveHman! Twelve12! 420fied! etc! (srry if i dont mention you! its just too many to mention! SHOUT OUT TO :420: SO EVERYONE!! Check it out when you get the chance!
Most of my ideas/methods came from your concepts and knowledge ive learned from your journals!

High SpiriTHC,

Well you know as the General of the BPN Army, I have to sit in on this as well.

I am going to be doing a comparison grow with BPN as well this outdoor season, I will be using SNS 604 A & B on Afgoo.

CAUTION!
Green_001.jpg

Be careful with this next to the outlet, if there is a leak that might start happening from the sides when the pump turns on, it could splash there and cause a fire.

Can't wait to watch this take off brotha.

:peacetwo:

:cheer:WOOHOO!! It's official!! SpiriTHC is a journaller! Welcome aboard! :cheer:

Lookin good so far, man. Great pics. You said those are on an iPad? I take ALL of mine on an LG Optima. well, except for the Microscope shots... but yeah, MY PHONE. So just look at your iPad and play around with white balance and such. Get to know the camera function of that thing... Almost ANYTHING can take amazing shots. you just have to play to the strengths of your device.

Then after you are taking good pictures, start to post edit... turn those good pictures to GREAT pictures!

P.S. It's always good to see someone that's not afraid of Tape-n-Mud! You go DIY!

Thanks jandre!

word! ima mess around with the camera on the iPad and see what I can do with it! Good looks on all the tips u been giving me! and thanks for the inspiration on the new growth for my momma plants!

the clones showed roots today! so im a few days away from transplanting and switching to twelve/twelve! :)
Ima have to rent a space shuttle to Galactic Sector ZZ9 and share a blizzy with you when this is all harvested buddy!

:thanks:

Word SpiriTHC Just been admirering your setup again. Thought about why your excaust\filter is in the corner of the room? Maybe that Does it not matter when your sealed of airtight, just thought it should hang high?
How are you planning on feeding\watering your girls? Seems like you got this shiat locked down bro ;) so where just wondering, if you got something special in mind?

Very professional setup there SpiriTHC! I like how clean it is too. Can't wait to see some plants under those HID. Thanks for the shoutout. :Namaste:

Having your A/C next to the exhaust might be wasteful. Large amount of the cool air will be taken out before they have the chance to reach the other side of the room. For best use of both exhaust system and the A/C put them on the opposite corner from one another.

Green_041.jpg

Jandre Thanks for the reps! yes Tsunami as in big waves! :) perpetual ! the surf should be lookin great soon! :goof:

Juicy As far as feeding i grabbed a Roundup (weed KILLER) from Lowe's with nothing in it... just the device! and i use that to Grow Weed! hahaha i found that funny! ill take pics of it! its very sweet I have a 5 gallon jug i mix nutes up in then drop 2 gallons at a time into the RoundUp (it hold 2 gallons) and has a pump i just pump it up and I took off the tip of the wand so i dont have that mist.. just a gentle flow of water! makes things super fast and easy! (idea was gonna be twelve12's with the electronic pump inside a 5 gallon bucket and then use a hoes with like a bamboo stick to make it aim-able, thus shoppin for the materials i fond this for $21 and it works great. I can always upgrade to the 5 gallon backpack strap one.. but thats ones like $65-$70 i dont think its necessary.. plus i like using that 5 gallon jug and lifting it and pouring into the RoundUp device!! builds muscles! haha :allgood:

Now as far as the carbon filter exhaust... That shit weighs 200lbs+ LOL!
no way in hell ill trust it hanging high.. not only i fear it falling on the lights/plants.. but on me hahaha.. and the 12inch 1260cfm fan on it makes sure it sucks everything!

Twelve12 I Feel you on the a/c being next to it! and personally i think i may have screwed myself up a bit.. but i was thinking of only running the filter when the lights are off (cause i hear thats when i stinks up the most?) and hopefully with the lights being off and the fresh air intake along with the a/c and the carbon filter exhausting it will suck/blow/cool the air enough... but most likely i may have to move the a/c unit :( which sucks cause i hate make wholes and runnin up in the attic haha! and now i gotta patch that one up :(

but overall it may come down to it!

Thanks for all the support guys!
Root pics of clones later today along with my feeding device!

:thanks: again guys!

Astonr420 Thanks on that very HAZARDOUS tip! I honestly never even thought of it! good thing is that i never leaks! and the lid has latches on it to make sure it doesn't pop off!

But i totally agree! I am going to have to fix that before it may be a problem!
Thanks!!!!

haha thats a twist A´.."I'm just feeding them with my roundup pump" :rofl:
Naah, I get what you mean bro ;) I´ve actualy looked at one thinking the same thing once, but never got to try it out without the spraynozle.
How long you reckon it takes too fill per bottle with your pump? I count 1-2 next 1-2 next and so forth, thats 2 sec per bottle :) SWIFT.

i was thinking of only running the filter when the lights are off (cause i hear thats when i stinks up the most?)

For odor control you want to run it 24hrs 365 days a year or however long the grow is taking place. Plants produce odor around the clock, more or less you still want to keep the air odor free. The giant exhaust system of yours will create a negative pressure and will trap in the odor even when the grow room door is open. So no odor can leak outside. Also the plants could use the air exchange with fresh CO2 during the lights on to help with photosynthesis. To have that you need the exhaust system running. :Namaste:

:thanks: guys!!! :welcome:to the :party:

Not so professional just yet.. still making those minor newbie adjustments but thanks to all this 420 :reading420magazine: I am getting the proper support and directions! (you guys :party:)

Let's start off with the bad new(s) so we can simply get it out of the way :icon_roll
First off
The Veg. Chamber
Unfortunately I hit a dilemma with my mother plants.. a series of them! But I am faithful and I know this learning curve will work out to my benefit :)

Here are the issues:
1. I messed up taking my first initial cuttings/clones
Green_057.jpg

Green_055.jpg

Stupid newbie mistake!
But its okay cause cause we still growin' !! :rocker: as u can see in these next photos!

Green_085.jpg

Green_080.jpg

Green_082.jpg

ONLY! growth on top and way on the bottom! so there is a pretty decent gap....

Solution:
1.Drop the table (custom build a 1footer off the ground) So my mother(s) will have pretty much an unlimited height restraint for growing and then top the moms to promote growth and just keep letting these monsters grow and make them have a big tree look and go ahead and snip everything off the bottom and hopefully she'll use all the energy to grow top growth and have them beef up multiple tops? (I really like this idea for some odd reason.. I wont lose them or their good growth and healthy looks!

2. Flower them :rip: (dislike even tho it is logical)

3. cut main stem all the way to early growth stuff and let her grow back out (use everything on top as cutings)

I am going to germinate like 6 more seeds since this might pull me back for as how many clones i wanna be taking weekly...

Issue #2
In the coco/perlite mothers in the 3 gallon blacknwhite poly bags I spy FUNGAI!!
Mushrooms seriously growing in my stuff!

I dont want them I dont wanna trip off of them

But is this really that bad?
Plants are in great health minus my nutrient burns! (i seem to have tested them to their limit...on all my girrls :bitingnails: well at least I know now to always underball! But plants are in overall greath health! and they grow vigorously! I know that the temps and rH are good now.. but I did have my spikes early in the show with the setup(s) and got my spikes that would def let them grow and I have read on that they truly love coco! now I don't know about these type of situations.. but after researching it doesn't seem to bad ..not powdery mildew or anything like that just mushroom caps.. so im thinkin i will be okay im just going to keep snatchin along what i see pop out.. but I hope my plants will not be affected by it.. some fungus is good? i dont like any tho ! so i try to remove just dont wanna discard those potential moms! (there are 2 with signs)

NEED THOUGHTS AND SUGGESTIONS AND HOPEFULLY SOME SCIENTIFIC FACTS!! thanks!
Green_093.jpg

Green_095.jpg

Green_094.jpg

That is what i managed to pull out from the bottom wholes and the ones that surfaced the tops of the medium.. (The soil moms seem to have NONE! :high-five:)

Well guys lemme know what u think!

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT! going back tonight to get update pics on the flowering room ! ( I changed the location of the a/c unit! I put it in the exact opposite side/corner of the room) Polarities FTW! I'm hypothesizing that it is in the most power and least wasteful position! Thanks Twelve12 !! appreciate the tip!

And other pics of the clones rooting out in the cloning device and some other cool equipment !

Stay :tokin: y'all!

Back
Top Bottom