1st Indoor Grow - 9 Strains - Eek!

^^ (to the tune of Smokey and the Bandit)

She's got a long way to go
and a short time to get there
She's gonna grow what they say won't be done...

She's got a big crop to grow
Come on down and watch our granny run!

OMM, I over night every medicate.

Oh Granny, what wonderful big plants you have! Cried Little Red Riding Hood:ganjamon:

Snow at my place? It's getting very frosty! Your place get hit by this blizzard yet?

You continue to daze and amaze me.

You can only eat the elephant one bite at a time granny. Don't get too overwhelmed. You may not have time to trim everything right at harvest depending on which ones finish when. I would try to stagger them as best as possible. But if some have to get chopped then just hang em with the leaves and manicure later. A little more of a pain but might be needed in your case.

As a guide line.. it takes me about 1.5 -2 hours per plant to do initial chop and trim. Then maybe another 30-45 minutes after initial dry to remove from stems and do final manicure for cure. A whole lot of snip snip snipping will be going on thats for sure.

I wish you had someone close and trust worthy who is green friendly that could help you out.

I've always used 1K to cover 4'x4' or 5'x5'. I've never done a bigger area. Those sizes were what I was taught...but I am a long way from being an expert on it. That's why your grow is so interesting to me. I'm rooting for you!! Then maybe I can go to a bigger area too!!!

Hey mr-natural! Yep, I guess we are gonna find out how many plants can be grown with good results cuz we are on our way now!

Looking incredible Granny....:nicethread:....:goodjob: one thing i noticed was you saying that this plant didn't look happy after you started LST

the very bottom where you have it tied off... should only be to secure stem so it don't move when you pull plant/tie down opposite way(higher up). your LST looks awesome and only thing i could see that would make that plant unhappy would be tearing root pulling bottom stem
to see what i mean check out LST i made ...hope it helps cause your doing great with LST....just noticed that one issue that will surely stress out your plants :passitleft: LST

Hey Tunes420!!! Great to see you! For anyone lookin' at this message - follow the link Tunes 420 listed, or CLICK HERE to see the best LST instruction guide I've seen here yet!!! You misunderstood what stressed the plant - it wasn't the LST. In the pic I listed, that plant had already lost it's bottom 2 sets of fan leaves and was making a recovery (basically lost almost everything that was alive in the first pic!). I probably did put a little extra pressure on the bottom tie in that image. I can't say I do anything the exact way I should - but the girls are growing despite me!

It is so good to see you, Tunes 420 - I have run across many helpful posts of yours and I have visited your grow a few times. Gees, Mona Lisa is absolutely beautifully proportioned, isn't she??? Bet yer glad ya got clones of her! Also loved the purple, and yer previous harvest buds, and yer young KC is growin' fine-oh-fine too - I hope ya get lots of gals! Congrats also on getting an HPS, I bet you'll raise your yields - but you have had EXCELLENT results without the HPS! Great grower, :adore: respect to you!!!

Before I head off to work, here are a few images from this morning...

I'll begin with White Widow 2, Day 17 of Flowering. This pic shows she has a number of top cola areas (and a number of slightly lower too)....
Oct28-WW2YoungTopBuds.JPG

and here is a closeup of one of her top areas with some of it's young bud growth...
Oct28-WW2YoungTopBudCloseUp.JPG

Next, is the Thai Tanic of Day 17 of flowering. The Thai Tanic is not nearly as full a plant as the White Widows are, but it's young buds are sure fat!
Oct28-TTYoungTopBuds.jpg

White Widow 4: Tallest young buds on Day 17 of Flowering...
Oct28-WW4YoungTopBuds.JPG

Have a great day everyone!!!

((((((((((((((((((BIG GRANNY HUGS!!!)))))))))))))))))))))))

Hey mr-natural! Yep, I guess we are gonna find out how many plants can be grown with good results cuz we are on our way now!

Before I head off to work, here are a few images from this morning...

I'll begin with White Widow 2, Day 17 of Flowering. This pic shows she has a number of top cola areas (and a number of slightly lower too)....

and here is a closeup of one of her top areas with some of it's young bud growth...

Next, is the Thai Tanic of Day 17 of flowering. The Thai Tanic is not nearly as full a plant as the White Widows are, but it's young buds are sure fat!
Oct28-TTYoungTopBuds.jpg

White Widow 4: Tallest young buds on Day 17 of Flowering...
Oct28-WW4YoungTopBuds.JPG

Have a great day everyone!!!

((((((((((((((((((BIG GRANNY HUGS!!!)))))))))))))))))))))))

They are looking lovely granny!

PitViper puts 2 1K lights on moving rails..
From: https://www.420magazine.com/forums/882038-post1141.html

Hey honey!!! Wonderful! Thank you! I was getting outta here and then saw a number of messages I HAD to respond to (procrastinating on bookwork). I subscribed to the Vipers journal - I have seen a lot of references to the viper and wanted to visit his journal but hadn't gotten to it. Thank you!!! He had more the number of plants I thought I would end up with under his - and I wanted light movers, but couldn't damage the ceiling that much, so thanks so much for the link! I'll visit it later!

You can only eat the elephant one bite at a time granny. Don't get too overwhelmed. You may not have time to trim everything right at harvest depending on which ones finish when. I would try to stagger them as best as possible. But if some have to get chopped then just hang em with the leaves and manicure later. A little more of a pain but might be needed in your case.

As a guide line.. it takes me about 1.5 -2 hours per plant to do initial chop and trim. Then maybe another 30-45 minutes after initial dry to remove from stems and do final manicure for cure. A whole lot of snip snip snipping will be going on thats for sure.

I wish you had someone close and trust worthy who is green friendly that could help you out.

((((((((((((McBudz)))))))))))) This contained some excellent advice and guide lines - thank you, honey!

As for someone trustworthy, I wish I did too. I have one son who is aware, watching, and would love to. But to ask him this means asking him to lie to his beloved about why he would be here. He always brings the kids, so excuses would have to be given. I can't ask him to lie to her and I can't let him tell her the truth cuz we both feel she might just decide my grandkids shouldn't be visiting granny's home. I can't have that - it would break my heart. I absolutely hate the position some of us MJ users are placed in and the things we have to risk. These are my reasons for KNOWING this will be my ONLY grow unless major things change in the future.

Enough said.

Now... on to NOT-so-serious subjects!!!

Hi Granny:slide:
I'm sorry Ganny, I just can't stop laughing at your answer. I fell terrible but you just put everything in such a way that it was hilarious. I could just imagine if I had to face all that. :loopy:

Maybe there was one little i-tty bitty mistake in the plan:ganjamon:

I have faith in you Granny. You'll handle it. (somehow):clap::allgood::clap:

Think I may have over medicated tonight.:smokin:

(((((((((((((((((OMM))))))))))))))))))))) :rofl: Luv yer sense of humor too!

HOPE EVERYONE GETS A FEW CHUCKLES AT GRANNY'S 420 AREA!!!

Hope everyone gets to over medicate OFTEN!!!!

^^ (to the tune of Smokey and the Bandit)

She's got a long way to go
She's gonna grow what they say won't be done...

She's got a big crop to grow
Come on down and watch our granny run!

((((((((((((((((((OBX))))))))))))))))))))) Luv it!!! :kiss: My journal song!

Wonder how many young folks even know this tune? Anyone have more lyrics? This could be FUN!!! OBX, ya did awesome!!! Thank you honey!!!

OMM, I over night every medicate.

Oh Granny, what wonderful big plants you have! Cried Little Red Riding Hood:ganjamon:

Snow at my place? It's getting very frosty! Your place get hit by this blizzard yet?

You continue to daze and amaze me.

((((((((((((OldSkoool)))))))))))) Over medicate - what's that??:loopy::thedoubletake::trance: That's why yer dazed and amazed!!!!!

Thank you hon! Not even frost here yet... so I'm surfin' :surf: to OldSkoool's house!!! Have ya been resisting the urge to test????? Wonderful to see ya sweetie!!!

Okay... ran outta messages. Poop. Means I really do have to get my head in my bookwork. :nomo: At least I get to do it at home so I can enjoy while I work!

True.... Granny420 you are a very busy young woman! In fact I look up the word "Multi-Task' in the Webster's Dictionary and it simple said..... 'Granny420!'... How can the be?? :yummy: :thanks:

I do commend you granny on your prioritization and personal morals. You truly are an amazing person with a huge heart. Your on the right track for never having too grow again thats for sure. I cant wait to see how many pounds granny is sitting on in March ;)

Have you put thought into longterm storage? Installing a walk in vault, or going the way of Scrooge McBudz (My grandfather hehe) and putting all your buds in a huge tower so you can swim in them all day ;)

Hi Granny:grinjoint:
What you're actually doing is handling a Massive and Complicated grow.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
However the way you present it is just plain fun.:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:
If you read back a few pages, you've got us all buzzing along with you.:thanks:
Scrooge McBudz has me lmaso.
Your bring the best out of all of us.:clap::cheesygrinsmiley::clap::cheesygrinsmiley::clap::rofl:
This is one informative, but totally fun Journal.
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Betcha have frost go'in on, just haven't had the time to do a proper check with all your time being eaten up. Your plants are looking great, and probably smell even better!

The urge is strong for a 'taste sample':grinjoint: But much to early, bud's will only be 3 weeks along tomorrow. I learned my lesson with my first grow, plucking buds, flash curing 'em, only to regret it later when I harvested. Single plant grows does have it's down side:hmmmm:

In your case, different story....with all those beautiful ladies, I'm afraid I be very tempted to take a sample or two:slide:

In the mean time I'll sit here in the bleachers with all our other 420 friends, waiting to watch huge colas take over your grow room:cheer:

WHAT HAPPENED?????? THEY ARE ALL BROWN!!!!

Oct31-TopsBrown.jpg

?????????
?????????
?????????
?????????

Oh!!!!!! :idea: :oops:

It's okay!!! Granny just had a bad camera shot!

Here now, all better...
Oct31-TopsGreen.jpg

:biglaugh: Just havin' fun!!!

True.... Granny420 you are a very busy young woman! In fact I look up the word "Multi-Task' in the Webster's Dictionary and it simple said..... 'Granny420!'... How can the be?? :yummy: :thanks:

(((((((Weed Honey!!!)))))))) :rofl: !!!!!

:welcome: killerbud1!

By the looks of those girls now....I think this is going to turn out very well for you Granny.

:ciao: mr-natural! :thanks: honey!!!! Guess we'll find out just how well the lights work!

I do commend you granny on your prioritization and personal morals. You truly are an amazing person with a huge heart. Your on the right track for never having too grow again thats for sure. I cant wait to see how many pounds granny is sitting on in March ;)

Have you put thought into longterm storage? Installing a walk in vault, or going the way of Scrooge McBudz (My grandfather hehe) and putting all your buds in a huge tower so you can swim in them all day ;)

(((((((((McBudz))))))))) Takes one to know one, sweetie. :hug:

I'm wonderin' what my end report will be too! Yeh, I like Scrooge McBudz - I could go for a swim!!! Uh-Oh!!! Woman buried alive under MJ grow!!!

Seriously, I do have some thoughts... I have been reading up on curing and thinkin' about storage. I have a lot of jars, so I'm going to have a long cure on everything. Not sure where I will store it yet, but have been thinkin' about it and have some tentative plans.

Those buds are looking great granny
very nice budage there on all the plants.
those thai tanics are looking nice and plump

:hug: blacken! :thanks: honey! The TT are pretty fat! I think the Thai Tanic buds will be light and fluffy, while others like the Medijuana will be dense and firm. Either way, I hope they all smoke good! Good to see ya honey!!!

nice picts granny!!!

:thanks: Butcher honey!!!!! Not the big colas yet, but coming right along!

Hi Granny:grinjoint:
What you're actually doing is handling a Massive and Complicated grow.:popcorn:
However the way you present it is just plain fun.:cheer:
If you read back a few pages, you've got us all buzzing along with you.
Scrooge McBudz has me lmaso.
Your bring the best out of all of us.:clap::cheesygrinsmiley::rofl:
This is one informative, but totally fun Journal.

:hug::hug::hug:OMM:hug::hug::hug: Aloha!

HAHA scrooge mcbudz. LOL.

But really granny this is amazing.
Also if you asked your son to come to your house for a private chat? That would let him not lie to his wife and still be able to come see you in private. I mean after all, he is your son. And sons can see moms without wife being present?

:byebye:Hey mesrone honey!!!:byebye: We'll figure it all out when the time comes. McBudz gave some real good advice about not necessarilly trimming off all the leaves to do a faster harvest if I need to. I'll just take it one day at a time and see where I end up! But thanks, honey!!!

Betcha have frost go'in on, just haven't had the time to do a proper check with all your time being eaten up. Your plants are looking great, and probably smell even better!

The urge is strong for a 'taste sample':grinjoint: But much to early, bud's will only be 3 weeks along tomorrow. I learned my lesson with my first grow, plucking buds, flash curing 'em, only to regret it later when I harvested. Single plant grows does have it's down side:hmmmm:

In your case, different story....with all those beautiful ladies, I'm afraid I be very tempted to take a sample or two:slide:

In the mean time I'll sit here in the bleachers with all our other 420 friends, waiting to watch huge colas take over your grow room:cheer:

((((((((((OldSkoool))))))))))) It IS very tempting to pluck buds. I was thinkin' about it as I stared at them and thought... each week the buds double to triple in size... so when I'm lookin, I'm thinkin about what WILL be in comparison to what is. What is would not be very big dried at the moment. I'm holdin' out, but I bet I do sample before harvest time.

And you were right... I've got such bad eyesight... so I've been getting out my reading glasses and the magnifying glass to examine the tops of each strain... and the last couple days I can finally see some frost on the Medijuana!!! A number of other strains are also just barely starting, but the Medijuana is definitely ahead of them in the frost department. Slower to bud, faster to frost.

I cannot see it with just my reading glasses on and didn't stand a chance of taking a pic of it. I tried about 40 images and then finally dug out my camera manual and figured out how to take a macro shot... not great, but I'll get better...
Oct31-Medijuana1stTrichs.jpg

And just a few more pics to highlight a few plants...

This pic I took just as a comparison of the way the different strains are growing. Below is the tallest (about 39") White Widow (WW4), the tallest (about 36") Medijuana (M1), and the LD (about 19" tall).
Oct31-WW4_LD3_M10-FlowerDay20.jpg

The differences in the way they are built is significant.

White Widow 4 is tall and leafy and filling out nicely with buds...
Oct31-WW4-FlowerDay20.jpg

Medijuana is tall and not so leafy, slower to fill out with buds, but faster with trichs...
Oct31-M10-FlowerDay20.jpg

and then there is that really stinky LD... this plant is about 19" tall and about 26" WIDE - a very dense and short plant - NICE. The branches have very little space between the nodes and are starting to fill up nicely with bud, but it's hard to get an image cuz it's so dense with leaf in this plant...
Oct31-LD3-FlowerDay20.jpg

The G13 Haze is similar to this, but not quite as full as the LD, but still has many large cola areas.The G13 Haze...
Oct31-GH2-FlowerDay20.jpg

White Widow 2 is the WW that is the farthest along. It is the first that began to bud and I am suspecting it may be the first to be harvested. This plant (like the rest) is in Day 20 of flowering. It is about 26" tall. Not a real good pic here, but you can see the colas are getting fuller...

And since I seem to always leave White Widow 3 out, I will put in a pic of her today. She is very nicely full of top colas and filling out nicely. She stand also, about 26" tall...
Oct31-WW3-FlowerDay20.jpg

And just one more... not the typical SOG style, but is sure becoming a sea of green!!!
Oct31-Group.jpg

That's it outta me for today!!! Take care everyone!

(((((((((((((((((((((BIG GRANNY HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Granny420, just finished reading your journal from the begining. I did however skip about 3 pages ~12-15. Fantastic job Sunshine. WOW, and 29 females! You definately have a great plan laid out, and the ambition and skill to see it through. I am wondering if you are running your air filtration unit and how it is working out. Definately going to be watching as this one progresses. Your plants are looking very healthy, and the variety, sheesh, talk about drool. Excellant, informatve, and very captivating journal you have produced. Thank you for sharing it with us thus far.

Back
Top Bottom