A New Top LED Panel for Testing

Man Buck, that black background makes those frosty girls pop. Nice looking shots man.

Thank you! 10 dollar black plastic polly at wally world :cheesygrinsmiley:

WOW I have been looking at this light , wishing it was 1 of the test lights .
I now see this is the light for me.
Great work Buckshot
:peace:

Thank You and very cool you found the right panel.

Buckshot, those trichs look mostly milky in those shots. You must be close to harvest, yeah?

:yikes: not even close!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:... really, she has a ways to go

LOL...Now I know my eyes are fukt. I can see the frost, but I can't can't tell shizit about cloudiness from where I'm sitting.

:geek:

I don't try :cheesygrinsmiley:

Or I could be dead wrong and your eyes are just fine! ;)

I don't pay much mind to trichomes... when it gets like this it is ready

DSC_4862_bluedream.jpg

Just don't tell my Wife my eyes are fine. She'd be pissed. Been telling me for years I need glasses.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hmmmmmm, is that so? So, how much is it worth to you to keep my mouth shut, eh? ;) ;)

careful... karma is a bitch :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Buck how do you feel your black Polly is doing? I had to use the same stuff and I worry about losing light instead of reflecting it, you notice and loss in yields?

Hey all, I guess this is the correct thread considering it's titled "New Top LED for Testing". I got home from the salt mines today and went in to check on things. For some reason, I looked up to check the light and saw this:

3_dead_diodes.jpg

3_dead_diodes1.jpg

Hmmm...Well, it's still rocking my ladies and I'm 2 full weeks into flower. I've sent Sara some info and hopefully, this is one of those times where a light can be sent to replace it.

FYI

Hey Buck how do you feel your black Polly is doing? I had to use the same stuff and I worry about losing light instead of reflecting it, you notice and loss in yields?

Nope...but I have only just started to weigh :cheesygrinsmiley: I have no real interest in weight. I know others do and so I got a scale so eventually I will have more data. There is a pretty tight footprint on my panels. Anything out of the footprint suffers. I am planning to try for 1 gram per watt and when I do I will use white walls. For now I am only concerned with what is actually in the lights footprint.

Hey all, I guess this is the correct thread considering it's titled "New Top LED for Testing". I got home from the salt mines today and went in to check on things. For some reason, I looked up to check the light and saw this:

3_dead_diodes.jpg

3_dead_diodes1.jpg

Hmmm...Well, it's still rocking my ladies and I'm 2 full weeks into flower. I've sent Sara some info and hopefully, this is one of those times where a light can be sent to replace it.

FYI

Dang it, I am tired... now I gotta go look! Sorry you are having a problem GC, please post back here or
tell me where you post the resolution

Buck

Actually, there is no problem. BID called it too. Those are the IR diodes. They're working perfectly and I'll have pics up tomorrow eve (lights out right now). I'm quite impressed.

Actually, there is no problem. BID called it too. Those are the IR diodes. They're working perfectly and I'll have pics up tomorrow eve (lights out right now). I'm quite impressed.

Dang it GC I am practically blind after checking :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nope...but I have only just started to weigh :cheesygrinsmiley: I have no real interest in weight. I know others do and so I got a scale so eventually I will have more data. There is a pretty tight footprint on my panels. Anything out of the footprint suffers. I am planning to try for 1 gram per watt and when I do I will use white walls. For now I am only concerned with what is actually in the lights footprint.

I have always tried to have a white wall next to my plants, but over the last year I've shifted my opinion towards that of yours Buckshot. :Namaste:

I've inadvertently been testing having white plastic next to the plants vs nothing. I've observed no difference.

I'm in the process of expanding my flowering area and am not giving any thought to trying to reflect light back into the room. Is it more efficient to have the reflections? Sure, but I doubt you could setup an experiment that could reliable measure any difference.

So Blazin, I guess I'm seconding Buck's response. Don't worry about it.

That being said, I like to use as much of my space as possible, so I do tend to fill the room with plants. This time I'm going to try and leave myself a walk way all around. It's a bitch to have to move all the plants in front to get to those in the back.

Also, I will probably put the panda plastic on the walls for 2 reasons. First, I have most of a roll still, and second, It makes my room "feel" cleaner. I look at the plastic as another layer of sealing the room (I run CO2). The plastic will be 2' away from the plants though, so it won't be there to aid in reflection.

Sorry, got a little rambling there :blalol:

I have always tried to have a white wall next to my plants, but over the last year I've shifted my opinion towards that of yours Buckshot. :Namaste:

I've inadvertently been testing having white plastic next to the plants vs nothing. I've observed no difference.

I'm in the process of expanding my flowering area and am not giving any thought to trying to reflect light back into the room. Is it more efficient to have the reflections? Sure, but I doubt you could setup an experiment that could reliable measure any difference.

So Blazin, I guess I'm seconding Buck's response. Don't worry about it.

That being said, I like to use as much of my space as possible, so I do tend to fill the room with plants. This time I'm going to try and leave myself a walk way all around. It's a bitch to have to move all the plants in front to get to those in the back.

Also, I will probably put the panda plastic on the walls for 2 reasons. First, I have most of a roll still, and second, It makes my room "feel" cleaner. I look at the plastic as another layer of sealing the room (I run CO2). The plastic will be 2' away from the plants though, so it won't be there to aid in reflection.

Sorry, got a little rambling there :blalol:

Ramble away!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Buckshot! I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I really appreciate your journal, and with you and a few others here using TOP LED, I decided to get some as well. I got a 144x3w for veg tent and 80x5w to replace my 400w hps in flower tent and so far I am very impressed. I wanted to drop by and thank you for doing this journal, definitely helped me in making my decision on the reflector series!

Hey Buckshot! I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I really appreciate your journal, and with you and a few others here using TOP LED, I decided to get some as well. I got a 144x3w for veg tent and 80x5w to replace my 400w hps in flower tent and so far I am very impressed. I wanted to drop by and thank you for doing this journal, definitely helped me in making my decision on the reflector series!

That is very cool!! Icemud rocking LED woohoo!!!

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Beautiful! The black background really brings out the colors.

Thank you Weed Dude

Full plant update

DSC_4884_durplepream.jpg

DSC_4885_durple_pream.jpg

DSC_4875_durplepream.jpg

Very nice plants Buckshot! :bravo:
I believe you started this grow cycle about the end of June if I'm not mistaken.
What, a bit over 100 days?
What are your impressions at this stage compared with what you are used to with these strains?
What are your expectations based on where you are with the grow right now.
Thank you Sir...

Very nice plants Buckshot! :bravo:
I believe you started this grow cycle about the end of June if I'm not mistaken.
What, a bit over 100 days?
What are your impressions at this stage compared with what you are used to with these strains?
What are your expectations based on where you are with the grow right now.
Thank you Sir...

babalao

Thanks for watching. I can't answer your questions as I have never grown this strain and on top of that some bottom buds were pollinated and I fear she has slowed down

A few more pics :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_4897_dp.jpg

DSC_4900_dp.jpg

DSC_4898_dp.jpg

DSC_4904_dp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom