A New Top LED Panel for Testing

Black walls?????? WTF your not helpin the lights much:peace:

Not hurting much either.

I have explained my cheap, light proof wally world painters plastic before... maybe what I did not emphasize is that although I plan to eventually have white walls for the extra tiny bit it might give I have had my veg room walls black for a long time and I notice no reduction of size or vigor in my babies... do you see a problem with those seedlings? :cheesygrinsmiley:

probably why its a temp space:)

You are correct sir

Not hurting much either.

I have explained my cheap, light proof wally world painters plastic before... maybe what I did not emphasize is that although I plan to eventually have white walls for the extra tiny bit it might give I have had my veg room walls black for a long time and I notice no reduction of size or vigor in my babies... do you see a problem with those seedlings? :cheesygrinsmiley:

You are correct sir

I thought the big thing is to have reflective surfaces on you walls and your saying is doesn't matter much sounds good to me learned sompin new today Thanks Buck:peace::thanks::thumb::goodjob:

I thought the big thing is to have reflective surfaces on you walls and your saying is doesn't matter much sounds good to me learned sompin new today Thanks Buck:peace::thanks::thumb::goodjob:

:cheesygrinsmiley: no problem, don't get me wrong I eventually will most likely have white walls for whatever tiny bit it will add but yes it is not much

Led833.jpg
Led831.jpg
Led832.jpg
the Durple preams are in there now it was just a last min reporting after I had taken pics, the blue dream stretched so much I had to supercrop the top 2 branches,

:bong:

Hey Folks

I got the replacement fan today. I am tired and they don't go off till late, I might not get to it today... soon!!

edit -- I got two!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you Sara!!!!

Fan replacement. Not too bad, really a two person job, I did most of it myself as my helper has the attention span of a gnat :cheesygrinsmiley:

panel open ... each connector was zip tied together

DSC_3291_open2.jpg

This looks intimidating but I was able to leave the cables zipped and just remove the fan by cutting the wire on the old fan

DSC_3296_fans.jpg

The chassis has posts to fit the fan on this made alignment easy

DSC_3297_fans_gone.jpg

took about 15 minutes

PS

The same fans were sent

So, looks like these are the real deal. Ladies are looking happy and healthy guys (looking forward to Jon's input once his arrive too, be sure). Based on your collective experiences so far, please try to answer these questions for me.

I've got a cabinet with inside floor size of 2.5' x 3.5' and wanted to use LED's, so what would you guys suggest (wattage, quantity, etc)? Obviously, being able to use the same light for veg and flower would be most economical, but economy is not the overriding determining factor...results are. Would 2 lights with different lamp mix (1 for veg, 1 for flower) be better?

I was also looking at the Area-51 led because of excellent reviews and it's listed coverage area is almost exactly the area I have available. What are the recommended coverage areas for these TOP led's?

I've read myriad threads on myriad sites and have had some difficulty gleaning tangible data from some. Any help offered is appreciated.

Thanks guys. Keep up the good work. It's fun to stop by every few days and check the progress. I get the notifications regularly, but try to wait and get caught up every few days.

EDIT * - Not able to send pm's due to post count, but ...

Thanks Jon. I really like the looks of them and your results are no joke (though i realize lighting is only one aspect of a good grow). I bookmarked the A51 site and have been checking daily as it says they are out of stock and will be restocking between 8/2 and 8/9 but nothing yet ( Just checked again and they are in stock!!). Also looking at the California lightworks solar storm 400w as an option. It's between these three - TOPled (80x5w?), A51 - SGS160, Cali LW SS 400w.

Hi Chz,

please check BID's grow journal. it is 80x5w grow. I believe it can help you make decision. we also have lights stock in USA. and yes, 80x5w is ok for your grow area. Any questions you have on our light, please feel free to ask me, I will answer you ASAP.
So, looks like these are the real deal. Ladies are looking happy and healthy guys (looking forward to Jon's input once his arrive too, be sure). Based on your collective experiences so far, please try to answer these questions for me.

I've got a cabinet with inside floor size of 2.5' x 3.5' and wanted to use LED's, so what would you guys suggest (wattage, quantity, etc)? Obviously, being able to use the same light for veg and flower would be most economical, but economy is not the overriding determining factor...results are. Would 2 lights with different lamp mix (1 for veg, 1 for flower) be better?

I was also looking at the Area-51 led because of excellent reviews and it's listed coverage area is almost exactly the area I have available. What are the recommended coverage areas for these TOP led's?

I've read myriad threads on myriad sites and have had some difficulty gleaning tangible data from some. Any help offered is appreciated.

Thanks guys. Keep up the good work. It's fun to stop by every few days and check the progress. I get the notifications regularly, but try to wait and get caught up every few days.

EDIT * - Not able to send pm's due to post count, but ...

Thanks Jon. I really like the looks of them and your results are no joke (though i realize lighting is only one aspect of a good grow). I bookmarked the A51 site and have been checking daily as it says they are out of stock and will be restocking between 8/2 and 8/9 but nothing yet ( Just checked again and they are in stock!!). Also looking at the California lightworks solar storm 400w as an option. It's between these three - TOPled (80x5w?), A51 - SGS160, Cali LW SS 400w.

Back
Top Bottom