Absolute Beginners - Dedicated To New Growers

Hmmm tough on really. I never listen to manufacturers to.start with there full of BS. I think you have stunted the coco plants with environmental stress. You need to get your environment dialed in. Switching one light to the other will stress a plant out then you habe temperature fluctuations between HID and CFL, get this dialled in and are you PH-ing to 5.8? Forget rhizotonic for now feed when the plant need it not when you decide to give it to them and start at 1/4 dose. Hope this helps

Hi buddy. Hope all is good? I'm shivering with anticipation here :) Mate, Cols got SERIOUS lack of light issues! I've done shit loads of research on it and, to be honest, he'd struggle with one plant nder 105w cfl.

I wather my plants right after the preparation, so I should wait 3-4 hours? What about the light, shoul I put back my 400W HID ?

Yeah put the HID back in and ar this point you want it 24 inches above the plants to start with. Then gradually move it down untill its about 14 inches off the tops providing temperature isnt an issue. Are you testing PH?

Hi buddy. Hope all is good? I'm shivering with anticipation here :) Mate, Cols got SERIOUS lack of light issues! I've done shit loads of research on it and, to be honest, he'd struggle with one plant nder 105w cfl.

Not really mate lost half my crop down to bud rot and had to harvest yesterday and today!! Fucking gutted but hey atleast it wasnt it all right. My contactor gave up and everything shut down for 3 days. Rot set in and boom 75% of all the top colas gone. Gunna do a massive update tomoz. Yeah hes got lack of light amongst other environmental issues..

Good call on the lights :)

All of life needs lights rays my mate :) That's why Norwegians are such miserable, pencil necked, under nourished mother fuckers....... 6 months on 6 months off........it's like they're permanently in flower and hermied lol :)

Not really mate lost half my crop down to bud rot and had to harvest yesterday and today!! Fucking gutted but hey atleast it wasnt it all right. My contactor gave up and everything shut down for 3 days. Rot set in and boom 75% of all the top colas gone. Gunna do a massive update tomoz. Yeah hes got lack of light amongst other environmental issues..

FUCKKKKKKKK, devastated for you mate!!!!!!! Ohhhhh shit that's bad. Whats the way forward? Put it down to "shit happens" or try sort something with remainder? Re veg?????

FUCKKKKKKKK, devastated for you mate!!!!!!! Ohhhhh shit that's bad. Whats the way forward? Put it down to "shit happens" or try sort something with remainder? Re veg?????

Yeah just one of thosw things. 15 weeks of hardwork gone in 3 days. Im having to speed dry the bud so mold dosnt appear. Il speed dry untill tuesday then paper bag and cure for a week or so.. see what happens..

Feel proper gutted for you buddy. Hopefully you'll still get a decent yield when dried :) Would you do Jack again? It's looking more and more likely my 18 will ALL be AK. The Widow clones haven't been of a good enough quality (4th gen). Let me know how you're getting on dude.

So I checked my mixture again and this time the pH was still perfect so I have put it in the res as I am away for the next 3 days. Hopefully nothing goes wrong while I'm gone! I have however noticed since I flushed them they have already showed signs of improvement and a better shade of green. :)

May I ask how do you prepare your nutes ? And how long between mixing them up and actually giving them to the plants?

Have you been feeding until run off? And I usually mix mine up before I do my checks (usually takes about 2 hours ) then I chexk again and feed. How are they getting on now?

Need assistance with converting I'm using Flora series performance pack reuqires 2tsp (5-10ml) per gallon however the water reservoir is only filled with 40 fl oz how many ml should i be using for this amt of water?

Very tidy box you have there. So do you have understanding on PPM/EC/TDS, the rise and fall of it and the effcts on PH? Its one of the most important things you need to know when growing hydro? There's no room for error when using hydro, a simple mistake can risk a whole crop as I think you found out last time.

Zoot.

I'm not all the way clear however I do have both the ph pen and the tsd pen. I'm a little stuck because my reservoir is only 40 oz I'm using the general hydroponic performance pack and not too sure what my measurements should be.

Thanks Zoot for making this thread. I have a couple of questions if anyone is willing and kind enough to answer them for me.

Okay, so I'm starting a grow within the next month or so. I'm planning to build a little cabinet not sure what out of? Maybe MDF or something? But space is fairly limited and it's gonna be tight. I have about 2ft squared (maybe just under) and can realistically go up to about 4 foot high....... Is that gonna be enough room? I literally just want to do one plant and try some LST on it and focus on that one plant. Im wanting to do this under cfl's aswell the whole way through if this is possible . Basically I'd like someone to tell me what sort of lights I'm gonna need and stuff like that. And maybe some help on designing the cabinet?

Big big thank you to anyone in advanced that can give me a few answers :) :peace: :thumb:

2x2x4 is definitely good usable space. My closet is only 16"x30"x5'. For everything before a 12/12 light on/off schedule, you will want to use 6500k (color spectrum) CFL's. 6500k emits light in the blue spectrum, which vegetating cannabis responds best to. When you 'flip" to the 12 hours on, 12 hours off (12/12) light schedule, you'll want to swap out most or all of your bulbs with 2700k bulbs. Here is some pictures of a CFL hood/reflector that I built and a link to the DIY thread.

Sheeting_layout.PNG
IMG_20130813_205742_618.jpg
CFL_Reflector.PNG

CFL Wing Reflector Design

Hey there pal. Thanks for the reps. I'm looking for some place where I can cash them in and get me a new wrist rocket.

Ideal, maybe not, but affordable and mostly functional. All in all, I think it cost about $20 to build and maybe 10 more for the bulbs. I use it for veg right now, and if my situation does not improve a bit, I will be flowering my grow with it as well. For flower I will use four 2700k bulbs and two 6500k bulbs to get a dual spectrum of light. I deal (IMO) would be HID, LED then CFLs. If your funds are good, I suggest springing for a nice LED hood. They usually have built in fans, and the lumen to watt ratio is pretty high. Also, every grower I have seen on here has done well with them and the power bill is so small compared to the HID equivalent.

The idea and plans are free to do with as you see fit.

See I'm quite strap for cash at the mo so I can't afford a nice LED as I've heard they are quite expensive for the decent one you need to flower. If I can I'd like to keep it cfl the whole way through. Just need a nice shopping list or something so I know what I need to get. Thanks for your help by the way I've given you some rep :)

Back
Top Bottom