Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

I'll buy them today. My super lemon haze is showing some brown spots on a few leaves. They sat too long in there little pots. Since I'm using a hot potting soil all that I can give now is Big Bloom. I also saw I was running low on N because my new growth was more Yellow then green. That's some of the issues you get when you buy clones.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Jan 14 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 15 days old. DD is 4 days old. Temp is 77 and RH is 72%

The two autos, JH and NEM, have been getting very little water for the first two weeks. I think if I add it up it'd be no more than a liter and a half. They were incredibly dry and light tonight, exactly the same weight as a pot filled with dirt and never watered, so we made the decision to give them their first full soaking to run off with bubbled tap water PH'd to 5.8.

They drooped a tiny bit for about an hour, but after were standing back at attention and praying heavily to the Spider x4.

CR was transplanted and watered yesterday, and DD got 240ml bubbled tap water from the batch we made up for the two autos, given via syringe in a circle just outside the circumference of the fan leaves. She then had the rest of her medium lightly misted just enough to change the color and keep the dust down.

Otherwise all the work was about how to keep the veg tent's humidity up, while keeping the flower tent 5 feet to the left 30% lower. We don't have that solved yet, but a new cheapo humidifier was purchased but not yet implemented.

CR, crazy top from my fim looks like it's going to form two tops, not seeing progression of the damage, whatever it was:

NEM, mutations abound on this one. Looks healthy otherwise. Remember she's the one that had one cotyledon that was hard, yellow, and fused to the membrane. We expected her to fly her freak flag high for a while in veg:

JH has the odd discolorations, but is the biggest and happiest of the bunch:

DD is just about perfect, IMHO:

Jan 15 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 16 days old. DD is 5 days old. Temp is 78 and RH is 85%

Humidity is a bit higher than we are shooting for. All the moisture we added by soaking the 5 gallon fabric pots no doubt. Still not exchanging much air beyond when we open the tent. That'll have to change before the end of the weekend.

Everyone looks healthy and happy to me.

Family pics:

JH (19.8 lbs, down from 20.4 after yesterday's soaking. At this rate it'll be 10 days before they see water again. Might have been too soon):

NEM (20.2 lbs, down from the same 20.4 as JH. Erg):

CR (7.8 lbs, down from 8.4 yesterday):

DD (6.0 lbs, basically empty):

These plants just became exciting! I know you can feel it guys. I mean look they are really ready to explode. I sense another epic grow. What seeds are you going to get with your contest winnings?

They sure are, it's tough to get a good picture but the FIM on the CR is awesome, there are going to be 4 tops from that. I'm going to see if I can get some good pics of it to post.

RTK's journal won so it's up to him but I have put a bug in his ear for purple kush for one of em. I would love to grow a PK with our third attempt at a white widow

Nice progress NEM is so tight :)

Both the autos are so much more compact than the photo period CR. Not sure if I should be surprised. I'm loving that the early toppings stopped the upward growth completely and they've now spent a few days building girth, particularly on the photo. We're going to try hard to keep them the same height this time, adjusting boxes under the girls in our first grow has been a huge pain.

RTK's journal won so it's up to him but I have put a bug in his ear for purple kush for one of em. I would love to grow a PK with our third attempt at a white widow

And I'm still of the opinion that it's all weed, so Purple Kush in the near future is just fine with me. It's just one of the hundreds of strains I want to eventually pop.

We've grown or are growing the following Crop King Seeds strains:

• Early Miss auto
  • Revolver auto
  • Candy Cane auto
  • North Lights auto
  • Jack Herer auto
  • Crown Royale Fem photo period.

Any suggestions are welcome.

These plants just became exciting! I know you can feel it guys. I mean look they are really ready to explode. I sense another epic grow. What seeds are you going to get with your contest winnings?

I'm hoping for a first epic grow! Our first was good (IMHO) but was only an epic example of how a grow journal for a first timer can be the difference between success and failure.

Jan 16 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 17 days old. DD is 6 days old. Temp is 74 and RH is 77%

They've reached the wow stage, where every time we open the tent they have changed so much since the last time you can't help but let out a wow.

Nothing really interesting to report. We still haven't reworked the exhaust, but I have a plan for it I'm going to try in the morning. For today I just made sure to open the tent up a few times to allow an air exchange.

Family pic:

DD (6.6 lbs, given 360ml of straight water at 5.8 PH in a wide circle around her):

CR (7.6 lbs, down from 7.8 yesterday)):

NEM (19.6 lbs, down from 20.2 yesterday):

Dammit, I missed JH, she was 19.2 lbs, down from 19.8 yesterday.

Nite all, I'm fading...

:nicethread:The autos really explode with growth at the 2-3 week mark. It's very impressive they can develope new growth tips in days... Amazing plant to say the least. Good luck on your cropking project. I'll be watching, and thanks for checking out my journal. Cheers

If you dont mind ,i have a question...Have you top them so early because you shoot for future mainlining?

Don't mind at all, helps us to firm up our thoughts as well.

We don't really have a solid plan of what they'll get for training, only that we committed to topping all the girls in this grow and doing it early. I could see us trying something close to LA's flux (mainlining) with the Crown Royale photo period, but I'd doubt the autos will get as aggressively high stress trained going forward.

:thanks:

:nicethread:The autos really explode with growth at the 2-3 week mark. It's very impressive they can develope new growth tips in days... Amazing plant to say the least. Good luck on your cropking project. I'll be watching, and thanks for checking out my journal. Cheers

Thanks Snid, it's definitely the most interesting stage to look for daily or hourly changes. Haven't looked yet this morning, but I'm sure I'll have a wow in me for them.

Liking the early topping are we?? :cheesygrinsmiley: Plants are starting to explode looking good so far brother :thumb:

Loving it. We'll see in the next week or so how well we did, but it's looking pretty good to my eye.

Happy Sunday all.

Jan 17 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 18 days old. DD is 7 days old. Temp is 72 and RH is 46%

The huge (31%) drop in humidity since yesterday's update is the result of my plan to temporarily vent our veg tent into our flower tent, so the carbon filter can process both tents. We know this is not ideal, but I'm betting it's not horrendous enough to be a big concern in the short term. If necessary for CO2 concentration we'll add a couple DIY emitters or exhale bags to the floor of the veg tent and let that get sucked up, out and into the flowering tent.

Considering moving the drying space into the tent now that we can control the heat and humidity a bit better. We'll get odor scrubbing and decent humidity, and hopefully by the time that air gets to the flowering tent it's a bit drier.

Either way, in the next week or two we'll be adding a 6 inch fan and filter for the flower tent, new light proof venting up from our little 4 inch dryer venting, and I want to put 8 inch intake vents into each tent that pull from up by the ceiling instead of the cold floor of the basement. Should keep the temperature up a few degrees as well as reduce the amount of pet hair getting in.

:yahoo:, more setup changes. Jaybiz'll be in his glory. He loves it when I cause a full redo of the basement. :)

Otherwise, we're sitting on our hands with them, with the DD being the only one getting anything for likely the next 5 days to a week. She's running very light on water for the first two weeks like JH and NEM did.

DD (6.2 lbs, down from 6.6 yesterday) She's a week old today, didn't realize that until I started today's journal:

Water droplets are an accidental overspray, not intentional. She was put off to the side not under direct light until she dried up rather than risk a magnify glass effect. She's too perfect right now to risk it. :)

CR (7.2 lbs, down from 7.6 yesterday):

JH (18.0 lbs, down from 19.2 yesterday):

NEM (18.4 lbs, down from 19.6 yesterday):

I did fix the weird leaf mutation causing the two leaves to go vertical, just let them overlap instead.

Back in the tent:

Back
Top Bottom