Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

That WW is not going anywhere, like you said no node to speak of. Other seedlings looking fine, I am interested to see what the early top does, I have never topped a 2-3 node plant lol. Experiments are fun.

I'd have to agree with you on the WW, pretty sure we will be germinating a third seed which really sucks because that's the one I really want to smoke!

arteekay! Hello!

This is one of the best threads ever :) We've already had pen flipping, dead seeds and (lord have mercy, I'm not going to google it) blue waffles. *terrified titter*

For some things, doing it for money definitely kills the buzz. I make my living at something I love, but I have firm boundaries. Beyond that I do a million other things to lose any money I've made doing the main thing :) The funny aspect is that I always have the urge to monetize (sorry) my hobbies, and it usually doesn't work out well :)

Subbed in and looking forward to it!

Welcome Glimmer, you brighten up every room you enter! Always good to have you around. I also love your journal and we are going to have to talk soon about some specifics about making your butter from your Early Miss because that sounds like a lot of fun!! :slide::tokin:

Jan 09 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 10 days old. WW-ish is 3 day old. Temp is 76 and RH is 77%

We've resigned ourselves to the fact that we just aren't going to successfully germinate a White Widow for this grow. We could try popping a third baby from this seed pack, but we've kind of lost faith in it and will be contacting Crop King Seeds tomorrow to let them know of our troubles.

We really didn't want to do more than 4 this time anyway, but we wanted two photo period girls to play with. My excitement over growing the Dark Devil altered our plans from the original blueprint. No sign of DD today, but I really didn't expect to see her.

So our strain list gets an alteration:

I said we'd flush the stillborn White Widow by tomorrow night, but we talked about it and figured why not just let her sit off to the side and see what she does. Doesn't cost us a thing, so this little mutant will live for a few more days. Maybe she's the giant evolutionary leap forward and we'll dig a one ounce Pot-ato out of her roots in a month. :)

First up is CR, who had her top off at the second node last night (might've ended up more of a FIM):

Next is NEM:

Showin' off her single sexy cotyledon:

And lastly for now is JH, doin' just fine:

The two autos in their big empty 5 gallon fabric pots still have a damp bottom that we noticed yesterday. But since they haven't had anything on top for two days, we decided to give them 100ml just outside the circumference of the damp spot on the bottom. Idea being it'll help encourage outward growth of the roots along with the main tap root seeking the dampness on the bottom:

We misted the top of each pot (again, just enough to change the color and hopefully keep down some of the dust), then the walls of the tent to keep the humidity up overnight and closed them up all snug. Figure I've got another 4 or 5 days before we have to worry about the exhaust fan.

Everyone looking nice and happy. Even the White Widow mutant somehow :)

Nice call seeing what happens with the WW, you guys could be the first to discover how to grow 'pot'ato buds :laughtwo: would be an amazing revelation!

I'll put you down for our first run of JayBiz's Baked Pot'ato chips. We still need a designer for the graphics, but that's not the biggest stumbling block we face...

Big Snack will be on our trail right from day one.

Be afraid Be very afraid lol

I'll admit I googled it. Not sure if I got the intended results. :)

Your doing it again Arteekay!
I have a question. You said "First up is CR, who had her top off at the second node last night (might've ended up more of a FIM):

does that mean you cut the top off? And what does FIM mean?

Yup, although pinched is more accurate than cut. Topping (removing the top growth node) is probably one of the oldest High Stress Training techniques. As for "FIM", the legend it someone tried to do a topping and ended up removing only about 80% of the top, leaving a mangled growth node and uttered "F*ck I Missed". He or she left it alone and it was discovered that a FIM topping (later shortened to just FIM) produced anywhere from 1 to 4 new tops, where a typical topping always produces 2.

Our Crown Royale is our first photo period, so we're wide open to experimenting with her. I think we are on the early side of average for when to perform HST.

Jan 10 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 11 days old. WW-ish is 4 day old. Temp is 77 and RH is 79%

Nothing exciting to report. I think I see my Dark Devil right below the surface, but can't report a birth today. The stillborn White Widow is alive, but no change.

NEM, single cotyledon doesn't seem to have slowed her down very much:

JH, seems to be doing fine:

Here's her slightly crippled first wing:

CR photo, two days from top/fim. So much different than our autos:

WW-ish, whatever:

Pointless family shot:

The CR photo in the solo cup could maybe have been watered today, but figured she's still damp enough to make another day. Really surprising to me how different her structure is from the autos.

Jan 11 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 12 days old. WW-ish is 5 day old. DD is 1 day old. Temp is 76 and RH is 81%

Today I can finally announce the birth of our dark succubus:

A perfect little sprout, germinated and sprouted without us having to remove casing or membrane. I expect this demon to steal my heart and devour my soul. Muwahahahahahohhoh

Ok, I'm going to try not to channel Vincent Price too much during this grow, but I can't promise anything.

Everyone else is doing fine, JH continues to have a some weirdness to her leaves but I'm not too worried about it.

Yo arteekay I top at the 2nd node as well on my photos I havevent told to many that, once she catches up you'll like what happens, all the gals in my flower tent got it that early. Sorry I haven't been around the computer is on the fritz...The gals looking good though keep it up!

Looking good RTK. But I feel I must expose you. You obviously have grown before you came on this site. Or you are the rain man of growing. I just see a very efficient operation with lots of knowledge to back it up. So just come clean. You have done this all before. Enquiring minds want to know.

Or is your third roommate Jorge Cervantes?

Jorge and many others came to stay with us for a good month, via hundreds of hours of youtube videos. We've slowed down the research now, but I literally watched dozens of grows over years of video posts. Colorado finest and PissDrunx0420 may have been how I found 420mag in the first place. Then since getting here I've spent hundreds of hours reading hundreds of journals.

Beyond that it's been all this community and it's wonderful members, not the least of course is ShiggityFlip, that guy saved my grow back in early December with one "cold floor ya moron" post just out of the blue. Pretty sure he had a camera in here somewhere after that for a couple weeks. :)

Efficiencies are definitely still being worked on. We spend an obscene amount of time and energy on them. First up is a sink in the basement so Jaybiz can stop carrying water buckets up and down the stairs. Getting some actual watering cans maybe would help as well, we're using pitchers, measuring cups (cause they have a spout with a drip edge at least) and buckets.

Yo arteekay I top at the 2nd node as well on my photos I havevent told to many that, once she catches up you'll like what happens, all the gals in my flower tent got it that early. Sorry I haven't been around the computer is on the fritz...The gals looking good though keep it up!

Why haven't you told too many people that? Feels too early and it turns into a debate I'm guessing?

We still haven't topped our autos yet when we said we would. I'm a little apprehensive of doing it, but we committed and will go through with it. Maybe I'll get Jaybiz to try his pimp hand on them tonight.

Back
Top Bottom