Bassman's RDWC - High Defoliation - Master Kush Grow #2

id go with X on this one, ive not experienced this first hand but from what i can tell it takes a while for the plant to react to something like this, so you might have solved the problem but the plant is only just showing you it had a problem if you know what i mean, but im not the best to ask as i have no experience in the way you grow, why dont you email corey via his site and see what he says. he may be able to explain more about whats going on.

these are the kind of problems that really put me off wanting to give a big dwc or hydro a try, id hate to have problems and not solve them, at least with soil its more forgiving and can be sorted out, but with hydro and dwc its got to be done their and then so their is not much margin for error,

mate i really hope you got it sorted now, chances are X is on the money with his explanation

Don't let it scare ya off hydro imo donpaul. Hydro imho is super easy. Follow simple rules, have proper equipment, say hello regularly to the girls with common routine things to do and they'll reward you happily. Personally, my experience in dirt is everything I have ever grown in dirt has died. Hydro just seems so easily fixable if we screw up something a bit.

it just concerns me thats all, i see growers have problems with soil just the same, but with hydro it seems everything happens a whole lot quicker and if im out all day id hate to come back and find out im in a whole mess, i will give a dwc grow a try, i got a ph tester and need to get an ec tester, i need to get these before i try a big dwc, i do a few 2ltr dwc and i have no problems with these, i find that adding the bpn to my tap water makes it the perfect ph for hydro and dwc, in theory i should be adding a small amount of ph up to the mix so its better for my soil plants, but they dont seem to be suffering to much due to the ph been off, its only very slightly off but its in the perfect range for hydro, so i would not need to add any ph up or down to my mix if i was using hydro, i might need to add something to the res after the plants been in a couple of days,
their is so much i need to learn before giving a big dwc a try

Hope you get your problem under control Bass.
Can't wait to see this Raptor hood!!
I'll be waiting patiently to see how big the footprint is.
I think it would cover my 5x5x6 tent perfectly.
Think I'm going to get one too!

Yea, I'm looking forward to the raptor hood too. But not looking forward to paying for it! That being said, getting it for $200 tax incl locally is better than I have seen online with shipping. I can tell it's going to make a big difference in my 5x5 tent.

Don't let it scare ya off hydro imo donpaul. Hydro imho is super easy. Follow simple rules, have proper equipment, say hello regularly to the girls with common routine things to do and they'll reward you happily. Personally, my experience in dirt is everything I have ever grown in dirt has died. Hydro just seems so easily fixable if we screw up something a bit.

Amen to that brotha Bass! :thumb:

Hope you get your problem under control Bass.
Can't wait to see this Raptor hood!!
I'll be waiting patiently to see how big the footprint is.
I think it would cover my 5x5x6 tent perfectly.
Think I'm going to get one too!

Take a look at the JD lighting hoods, they really do kick some serious ass and we need to buy products from our sponsors who support us!

Take a look at the JD lighting hoods, they really do kick some serious ass and we need to buy products from our sponsors who support us!

I haven't checked on the 420mag price, but last I spoke to JD the hoods were white reflective rather than diamond. All the 6" hoods are also smaller footprint than the raptor. That being said I love the 1000w digital ballast.

Do you have a way to check your PH other than your pen? I saw where you said you had let your pen dry out. Maybe see if your pen isn't calibrating right.

I'm sure your already on top of it, just thought I'd trow it out there.

Do you have a way to check your PH other than your pen? I saw where you said you had let your pen dry out. Maybe see if your pen isn't calibrating right.

I'm sure your already on top of it, just thought I'd trow it out there.

Just the pen and my dick, which at this age doesnt always work either.

what do you mean when you say you let the pen dry out, mine is in a clear box and the ph pen is yellow, then at the bottom it has a cut out bit with a glass bowl that holds some liquid, so what do you mean when you say you have let it dry out, i keep mine in its case till i need it then i use it and clean it with ph 7.0 water, when i calibrate it it is always spot on, the only time it was out was when i first got it and just had it delivered, since calibrating it it seems to be spot on pretty much, so how does it dry out

my ph meter is a PH-009(i) pen type ph meter, i calibrate it with phosphate which is ph 6.86 at 25 deg c and the other is borax ph 4.01 or ph 9.18 depending on what solution it is, i have these testers for my tropical fish and stuff like that, i have to check for nitrates and nitrites in the fish tank water.

i have been running a test with fish tank water, from the start of this grow i gave 1 of my clones fish tank water and bpn and the other had tap water and bpn, now the plant fed with fish tank water is growing faster and has bigger buds, so clearer the tank water is working, but most ferts are made up of nitrates or nitrites i can never remember which, so this is why the fish tank water works so well, i dont use chemicals in the tank, most fish tanks have water safe in them, but this is only in to take the chlorine out the tap water, but i leave my tap water out for 24 hours so i dont need to add any chemicals to the tank, i kept getting problems with white spot on my fish, but as soon as i stopped using chemicals the fish stopped having problems, ive not had any problems since, i wont be using the tank water on all my plants till after i have harvested the plant and sampled the buds, if it tastes and smokes ok then ill be using it in my other grows

WOOOOT! my BPN shipment arrived a day early! I'll make up some soup and res change to week 7 today! Makes tomorrow a bit easier I hope with only the hood to deal with. Oh. shit, and that leak.

wow, made up me nutrient soup. BPN 2 part, Bloom booster, vita blue, liquid seaweed, cal-mag and hygrozyme. This shit is BLACK! can't even think about seeing through the 5 gal jugs of ro water!

Going to eat dinner, then ph test the mix. If it comes in right, which it usually does, I'll res change and be done just in time for tonights ball game between the Giants and the Cards. GO GIGANTES! World series here we come!

May do pics tomorrow after hood change or Weds.

Res changed, ph 5.4, ppm 1120 on .500 conversion 2.24 e.c. Go baby go! New hood big footprint tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom