Bomb Seeds Detonation Time! - 420 Magazine Sponsor Grow & Review - Indoor UDWC LED

Re: Bomb Seeds Detonation Time! - 420 Magazine Sponsor Grow & Review - Indoor UDWC L

Just a guess, but your air pump is probably vibrating on the floor and making a lovely, soothing noise huh? I use gel pads as a cushion. It’s recommend to have them higher than the water level anyway unless you use check valves. Mine are on the floor. :goodjob:

I tried hard form, med foam, bubble wrap, inside tent, outside tent & the bungee won the contest. I did put the air intake outside so it draws fresh O2.

Ian

Re: Bomb Seeds Detonation Time! - 420 Magazine Sponsor Grow & Review - Indoor UDWC L

Nice recirc setup Ian

Thanks, pennywise!

Ian

Nevermind about the picture... i guess i don't have permission.

You should be able to post pics afaik. All upload instructions are in Member Resources. I know that you can't PM or participate in contests until you get a 50 count. Hint: Reporting spam counts as a post. Thanks for stopping in!

Ian

You should be able to post pics afaik. All upload instructions are in Member Resources. I know that you can't PM or participate in contests until you get a 50 count. Hint: Reporting spam counts as a post. Thanks for stopping in!

Ian
It said I didn't have permission. ill get it, just green. Really looking forward to seeing your project come to fruition

Day 5

My fan controller is dead so I have to listen to the max speed roar until I can get out to replace it. What fun. But the Bombs are doing well and getting stronger. I altered my styro plates because they were guillotine-like with just 1/2 the plate cut and I knew that sooner or later old fumble fingers would rear his ugly head . . .

day5b1.jpg

day5i.jpg

Ian

Well, I am happy that I am not alone. :volcano-smiley:

Ian

Day 5

My fan controller is dead so I have to listen to the max speed roar until I can get out to replace it. What fun. But the Bombs are doing well and getting stronger. I altered my styro plates because they were guillotine-like with just 1/2 the plate cut and I knew that sooner or later old fumble fingers would rear his ugly head . . .

day5b1.jpg

day5i.jpg

Ian
I'm curious Ian, and you may have gone over this, but, what does the white plastic grid on top do?

I'm curious Ian, and you may have gone over this, but, what does the white plastic grid on top do?

I wanted a cheap solution so I can change the configuration easily for each grow. Sometimes two plants, sometimes four etc. The other thought was that I can use it as a tie-off for training. You may have noticed that I also have access hatches so I can reach into each tote to see the roots and clean my make-shift J-cloth filter at the output.

Ian

I went out of my way to try to kill them yesterday. My makeshift house heating vent cover above the tent fell off while I was out for much of the day. Sometimes duct tape is NOT the best solution. I blame my father for this trait: This burning need to haywire a solution.

Anyways . . . heat in the room shot up to about 88, heat in the tent shot up to a constant mid-80s and even my rez temp started up (74). And — stupid me - I had also shut the tent vent fan off because of the jet noise at full blast. My replacement controller still hadn't arrived.

I solved all of this by fixing the heat vent and breaking down and buying a new controller. Both reversed the temperature rise and some ice cubes in the rez knocked it back down again.

This morning, I see that they are filling out and the next leaf set (the 1st true) are starting.

day6b4.jpg

day6i.jpg

Ian

I wanted a cheap solution so I can change the configuration easily for each grow. Sometimes two plants, sometimes four etc. The other thought was that I can use it as a tie-off for training. You may have noticed that I also have access hatches so I can reach into each tote to see the roots and clean my make-shift J-cloth filter at the output.

Ian
That's a good idea. I'm kinda locked in with my configuration. My only worry is that light may may get to your water which can cause all sorts of issues.

That's a good idea. I'm kinda locked in with my configuration. My only worry is that light may may get to your water which can cause all sorts of issues.

Under the grate is a sheet of the same reflective insulation I used on the tank so it is not possible.

Ian

Under the grate is a sheet of the same reflective insulation I used on the tank so it is not possible.

Ian
Right on. I kinda figured you had that sorted out.

Ok. I think I have stabilized everything now:

Tent temp: mid 70’s
Humidity: 46% (more laundry is being used to boost this)
Water temp: 63 (rez changed today so this will rise to high 60s)
pH: 6
EC: 0.336
PPM (7 scale): 221

So . . . let’s talk nutes. My plan was to use a Lucas Formula with AN Nutes Micro & Bloom. Start at ½ strength for 1 week or 2 and then hit it. Supplement with PK 13/14 in Bloom as directed. My hydro store gave me a sample of humic acid which I might use as well.

My intent (we shall see) is to monitor it weekly & deviate from the dose as needed.

Opinions? Am I on the right track?

Ian

PS I can see just a thread of a root coming out of the bottom of each pot.

Thanks, Penny. Why? And I don't mean that facetiously, I really want to know. After reading & reading nute recipes & journals, I came to the conclusion that really simple might be best for a first grow.

This thread was the source of my logic. Post #6 Nutrient Recipes, Formulas, Guidelines, Implementations and Thoughts

Ian

Ive always used AN as directed other than starting at 1/4 strength and working up.

Ive always used AN as directed other than starting at 1/4 strength and working up.

Looking at this puny little plant, I think a 1/4 strength start might be a wise move for me as well. In that thread, he discusses the std GH & AN nute recipes in Post #7 & #8. I don't know if the poster has credibility but at least somebody compared the different standard nutes schedules & he made a strong argument for the Lucas.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom