Capt Blast Moving Indoors - A Utility Shed Perpetual

What temps are outside? Just curious. If it's cold I would insulate under the tents or under the plants. It's my personal crusade to get people to insulate the soil. Makes plants so much happier. How long do you keep the saucers full like that? Be careful it can lead to drowned roots.

Also I would probably just flower all nine right now. They are the perfect size to fill the tent if you flip today. Squish them together in the middle. They will definitely fill the tent at harvest but that's a great thing.

Any way you go will work great. Weaselcracker is spot on with his plan too!

SF, today here is Friday the 1st, low temps outside tonight 30f, last nite the low was 35, night before the low was 64. Last night seeing this first frost coming I put an old heavy rug under the tents, I; like you, am a big believer in soil temps, @ the very least not sitting on a slab or a draft under a shed like I have. I also plan to use concrete blocks to skirt the building with. Lots to do little money and time, one step @ a time for sure. as for the saucers, that was the very next morning after transplant drench. Tonight after 2 days 1/2 of the saucers are empty. I was very concerned transplanting with such cool water to be honest with you. As to how long, well I've only had one half ass grow in a closet indoors last year in my many years of digging holes outdoors. If we were in the heat of summer I would leave the over run in the saucer to be sucked back up as I'm gone for 4 days @ a time throughout my grows (last year I was away for 28 days @ a time during my outdoor grow & was lucky to harvest a crop. see my link if you will).

I must say I sit there going damn these are perfect to flip all nine now with Thursday being a 5 week veg from seed, but on the other hand, like Weaselcracker, I think I want more room and to deal with less plants + have the next 5 ready to go on 1 month schedule for my perpetual timing, and the seedlings will be next in line. Any who, 0400 comes early and I'm friggin' whooped, wanna say I truly appreciate your input and wisdom. Keep it up please.

:passitleft:

so 5-6 days now since transplant. All looked good until about 4 days after transplant started getting some droopping and burnt tips along with a few yellow big older fans on bottom, see some other spotting as well. I was fearful I had overdone the drenching in of my transplants, I had provided plenty of drains holes but probably a bit to much newspaper to hold the soil in. I routed all this out with a long screwdriver and worked it around in there good hoping to get a bit better oxygen to them. Next day getting better growth and leaves coming out of the under curl but still afraid to add any nutes, aware that often a classic case of overwatering looks a lot like nute burn and/or deficiency. Yesterday, looking much better, good growth, things springing up, all better. This morning before heading out to work I gave half of them 1 cup of Fox Farm's Grow Big in my water (1/3 stregnth) mix, came home from work to find all 10 back to normal and the 5 I fed even better (perky) with the exception of a few of the older leaves with the burn and yellowing which I don't expect to recover. Anyway, I added 1 cup of of same mix to remaining five plants and flipped them to 12/12. So here we go. Even though I'm using FF's Ocean Forest which is supposedly loaded with goodies I've read via research many have found it lacking and needing feeding immediately in the last year or two. Still a pretty soil and what the F*c& over, maybe I should've considered it was a burn due to the hot Ocean Forest, though I think my plants were too big for that and I had been feeding them 1/4 strength FF Grow Big already. Anyway, I flipped all 10, plan to separate the (5) Green Crack to the 600 watt 4x4 and the (5) Critical Kush to the 5x5 1,000 watt light. I have to wait until saturday to get my van and shit hooked up before putting the 1,000 watt on line. Alrighty then, I'm getting a bit excited here.

:Namaste:

Plants are all close to each other in height with a couple of stringier phenos, one of each strain

IMG_20160106_203025730_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160106_203021897_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160106_203016970_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160106_203033101.jpg

some of the tip burn and yellowing, little runt plant got way off color

IMG_20160106_203054866.jpg

IMG_20160106_203039678_HDR.jpg

Got my walls insulated, just need to get the insulation vents & insulation in the ceiling now, also got some patchwork carpet going on

IMG_20160106_185017096_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160106_185000621.jpg

IMG_20160105_185957744_HDR.jpg

:wood:

The plants look great. Has the insulation helped in controlling your temps?

Thanks Skunkpilot and yes the shed as a whole temps are much better regulated, I can only imagine how it will be even more so once I have the ceiling insulation in. Bad enough I have to do it by myself and around work schedule, but costs are adding up as well. I need a window unit to put in there with a thermostat that has A/C with Heat and I would be set after finishing up ceiling insulation, of course thats another $450-500 I just ain't got @ the moment.

Looking great captain... It'll get there man. whats winter like in you neck of the woods? A/c, you going to seal and have co2 set up? Going to be great once your done, you lucky $&@$, lol....

Looking great captain... It'll get there man. whats winter like in you neck of the woods? A/c, you going to seal and have co2 set up? Going to be great once your done, you lucky $&@$, lol....

Dude we got some crazy ass weather, amazing I'm not sick all winter, 44 (f) was the high today with 32 for a low tonight, supposed to go to 73 for a high tomorrow then a freeze alert next week. Never very harsh here our winters but when we do get an ice storm we are not set up for it very well, thank God it only happens every other year or so. I would love to seal up and do co2 but am in no hurry for it, get some time and experience in first, and some funds of course, shit's killing me building this up, if it weren't for the wildlife feast I'd be eating PBJ's to survive. You get over to the West Coast, whatever you do my friend do not miss us over here in the Dirty South. Always welcomed here m Brother from Down Under.

Plants are looking great CaptainB. I built my grow room from scratch, started 4 or 5 years ago, and even for a little place like that, it's kind of never ending. Things are stable at the moment in terms of essential growing supplies needed, but there's always a long list of stuff to do and buy. I insulated the place, as it was definitely essential. I thought I built some decent ventilation airflow into the ceiling, but now I see that it wasn't enough as there's a lot of moisture forming up there in cold weather. Oh well, that's a problem to deal with tomorrow, and tomorrow never comes. Putting a drain in the floor was about the smartest thing I did. I had a little flood there this year. Figured out that the drain was clogged and went around outside looking for the blockage. Wow, do the local plants ever love that drain! They have sent roots from every direction converging in that spot, and the pipe was a filled with a solid mass of them.

That place of yours is a great investment, your work will be well rewarded. Don't stress :thumb:

Thanks WC, luckily from what you are saying my pre-built shed will have good enough ventilation, has a ridge vent full length of the building as well as sofits, and one reason I did the walls first so I can get some of either the foam or plastic insulation vents to keep that air flow open when I insulate the ceiling. I hear you on the drain, when I gutted and redid this old house, I ran most of my gray water out to flower beds and find the same thing as you, I need to go around about every three months and run a piece of all thread up in there and dig out around the ends.

I'm really a no stress kinda guy normally, but have found that maybe I put the horse before the cart and hopefully don't screw up this first grow in there. I can see the light @ the end as far as must haves thank goodness and then will just have the never ending wish list I reckon and hopefully it will get fun after that. Must admit, I do love coming in from work and just sitting out there smoking a few bats, drinking a rum or two and admiring the work and ladies, makes it all worth it for sure.

How big is your room? I know I read it in your journal at one point but well, old stoners memory you know. And as far as tomorrow never comes, no shit man, I wonder if I'll ever get to where I want to be as far as just slowing it down, lord knows I've been trying like hell these last couple of years. But for mine and everyone else's sake, I won't get started on my own state of the union and a political rant, best to just piddle around making my own safe haven out here in the middle of nowhere I figure.

Thanks again for the boost my brother grower :Namaste:

No such thing as cart before the horse in this case Capt. We all have an ever evolving grow. If it were perfect the first time you wouldnt know what to change! Besides, like you said it is awesome to just go in there and chill. Sometimes I forget and my girlfriend has to text me to ask when I am coming back upstairs haha! There is no other plant that grows so quickly before our eyes and changes so much everyday. Especially one that makes us more happy and healthy in so many ways. It changes us into more considerate generous people at the same time. What's not to love? Keep on truckin' Capt!

My grow is 8' x 12', outside dimensions. Subtract the wall thicknesses to get a bit less than that. I took a third of that and walled it off for the veg room. A lot of the operation is taken up by shelves with supplies, pots, rainwater cisterns, dehumidifier, drying box, etc. So the actual growing area is just a fraction of the space. It was Uncle Cannabis who described his growing area in terms of sheets of plywood. Using the plywood standard, the flowering space is a little over 3/4 of a sheet of plywood. Add the veg area in and it's exactly 1 and 1/4 sheets all together. Amazingly small for how much of my life it takes up.

But for mine and everyone else's sake, I won't get started on my own state of the union and a political rant, best to just piddle around making my own safe haven out here in the middle of nowhere I figure.
My feelings exactly. I could have said this. In fact I do, fairly often. These days my safe haven seems to be shrinking smaller and smaller. :(

As for the workload of life, as my momma always says- it never ends, the trick is to find a way to enjoy what you're doing.

Hey Captain,

Finally found this journal.....the link is not working just in case you haven't realised.

Anyway all subbed up :cheer:

Thanks MS B I was told it wasn't working at the beginning but thought I had it worked out :scratchinghead: Happy & healthy new years to you and yours madam!

My grow is 8' x 12', outside dimensions. Subtract the wall thicknesses to get a bit less than that. I took a third of that and walled it off for the veg room. A lot of the operation is taken up by shelves with supplies, pots, rainwater cisterns, dehumidifier, drying box, etc. So the actual growing area is just a fraction of the space. It was Uncle Cannabis who described his growing area in terms of sheets of plywood. Using the plywood standard, the flowering space is a little over 3/4 of a sheet of plywood. Add the veg area in and it's exactly 1 and 1/4 sheets all together. Amazingly small for how much of my life it takes up.

My feelings exactly. I could have said this. In fact I do, fairly often. These days my safe haven seems to be shrinking smaller and smaller. :(

As for the workload of life, as my momma always says- it never ends, the trick is to find a way to enjoy what you're doing.

Great thanks for the comeback WeaselC. I remember you and Uncle C discussing that somewhere. Guess I need to go back over it again, I think come summer when I go back outdoors would be a good time to build closets/rooms in my shed and shuck the tents. Busy cloning and setting up the new light, should be done tonight. Looks like I'm gonna do 6 plants in the 5x5 under 1k and 4 in the 4x4 under 600 watt. They are 3 days since flip and stretching like mad, I'm going to run them by height versus strain. We'll see how that works out, but seems apparent the couple different phenos of each strain at this point. kkk keep getting message too short when replying to you wtf over

:high-five:

Enjoy what your doing or do what you enjoy?? Well mums know best and how to kill two birds with a single wooden spoon, lol, or a shoe, frying pan, whatever is close by, lol.... How's things Captain? How you go about cloning? What you cloning?.... Old salty captain docks his boat in front of a young women. She's impressed that a man of his age is still able to do such as laborious job. She says to him, "what's your secret to living such a productive and long life" to which he replied, " I smoke 2 packets a day, case of whiskey a week, fried food and lay a girl at each port I happen to dock" "wow that's amazing.. Exactly how old are you?" "32 next week"... Hope your having a good one brother...

Enjoy what your doing or do what you enjoy??

Key to life I say pard....

Well mums know best and how to kill two birds with a single wooden spoon, lol, or a shoe, frying pan, whatever is close by, lol.... How's things Captain? How you go about cloning? What you cloning?.... Old salty captain docks his boat in front of a young women. She's impressed that a man of his age is still able to do such as laborious job. She says to him, "what's your secret to living such a productive and long life" to which he replied, " I smoke 2 packets a day, case of whiskey a week, fried food and lay a girl at each port I happen to dock" "wow that's amazing.. Exactly how old are you?" "32 next week"... Hope your having a good one brother...

That's the damn truth brother! @ 57 and still rockin' & rollin' me.... Cloning my Green Crack and Critical Kush in hopes I find one or two I love :green_heart:

Got the new 1000 watt light set up some trimming done and have the six shortest in 5x5 tent now

IMG_20160110_220541751.jpg

IMG_20160110_220533548_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160110_220501878.jpg

Have the 4 taller plants in the 4x4 with 600 watt light stretch is on

IMG_20160110_220837323.jpg

my seedlings were just topped and are now back in the closet under 400 watt MH

IMG_20160110_222927561_1_.jpg

Took clones from Green Crack & Critical Kush, rooting power and jiffy pellets

IMG_20160110_222946789.jpg

Got a new ventech 6" inline fan but it was froze up out of the box, can hardly run a spare cheap 240 cf. in 1k tent right now as temps are in mid 20's tonight. A hammer wouldn't fix the fan so I figure its gotta be electrical :cheesygrinsmiley:

by the by, Green Crack in the Blue Buckets and Critical Kush in the Orange

Looking great mate! Look like my kinda grows! Im doing green crack myself at the mo.. boooyy is she a stretcher... tripled in size in first 2 weeks of flower for me. Not complaining though , tons of budsites :) good luck to your grow man :thumb:

Looking great mate! Look like my kinda grows! Im doing green crack myself at the mo.. boooyy is she a stretcher... tripled in size in first 2 weeks of flower for me. Not complaining though , tons of budsites :) good luck to your grow man :thumb:

Thanks for the thoughts and dropping in Buddha Buds, gonna tip on over and check in on you. Take your shoes off set a spell.

Back
Top Bottom