Carestaker's - Hybrid LED / HPS Powered 4x4 - Various Strains

Thanks for the info, care. Advanced led may be a bit too pricey for me at the moment. I am thinking of going with topLED. I think ill veg for a few weeks under CFL, maybe just to get them going and then put them under LED, even to just preserve some life of the lights. Your plants are looking great! Can't wait to see the end results.

Hey BoogyMan, I'm using TopLED's Reflector Series. You can check out my journal if you'd like. Reflector Series is a 3watt diode LED but they also have 5watt LED's as well. And best of all well within my price range. The other thing I like about my 96*3 is that it has 2 switches, one for veg and the other for bloom. I just turn both on for bloom and it does what it does. 1 light for the entire grow. That's what pulled me in.

Hey BoogyMan, I'm using TopLED's Reflector Series. You can check out my journal if you'd like. Reflector Series is a 3watt diode LED but they also have 5watt LED's as well. And best of all well within my price range. The other thing I like about my 96*3 is that it has 2 switches, one for veg and the other for bloom. I just turn both on for bloom and it does what it does. 1 light for the entire grow. That's what pulled me in.
hey man, thanks for the info! I actually planned on ordering the reflector 144x3w light today :D i just have to do some measuring to see how it will fit in my area.

hey man, thanks for the info! I actually planned on ordering the reflector 144x3w light today :D i just have to do some measuring to see how it will fit in my area.

Boggy,

Just measure well and be sure...lol. I ordered an exhaust and had to send to back because it wouldn't fit. My unit is an old computer hutch I converted.

Jus sayin is all...lol.

:popcorn:

started to bud wildly in your groom too CS, and trichs are pretty there like in mine, despite they are not in late flower, promising as hell !!!
keep them green and happy.
green vibes from the south

Busy day yesterday, I didn't get to post the update I was planning, so pics are from two days ago.

All plants are receiving around the same mix, with slight variations for each plant. 8ml/g Sensi Bloom, 6ml/g CalMag (except THCB - which gets 8ml/g), 7ml/g Big Bud (except WWSK which gets 5ml/g), 7ml/g VooDoo, 7ml Sesnsizyme, GLP is also getting 6ml/g B-52, and will soon be getting 6ml/g Overdrive.

First up the THCB, at 7 DAYS flower...she's around 19" or so. She's my easy girl this round. I learned last round, to feed her extra CalMag, & extra base nutes.

IMAG09089.jpg
IMAG09108.jpg
IMAG09099.jpg
IMAG09178.jpg

Here are the WWxSK girls. Tall girl is 14 days, Topped girl is 16 days flower. They are fun to watch. Lots of stretch, and I nailed the taller girl right on the noggin, but they look like they will put out some Skunk sized buds that reek of Widow... :)
The tall untopped girl is 34", the topped girl is ~28"

IMAG09307.jpg
IMAG09285.jpg
IMAG09253.jpg
IMAG09234.jpg
IMAG091910.jpg

GLP is filling in and stacking. Pics at day 29 flower. I heart her.

IMAG09647.jpg
IMAG09637.jpg
IMAG09627.jpg
IMAG09536.jpg
IMAG09511.jpg
IMAG09495.jpg
IMAG09477.jpg
IMAG09454.jpg

IMAG09557.jpg

Peace and love :peace::Namaste::circle-of-love::cheer:

:high-five:

started to bud wildly in your groom too CS, and trichs are pretty there like in mine, despite they are not in late flower, promising as hell !!!
keep them green and happy.
green vibes from the south

Thanks ECD! I'm hoping the resin is everywhere my friend. Like, everywhere :)

Sour diesel usually stinks my house up. Always a good choice.
I just ordered more pineapple chunk- I think shes my girl.
Can't wait for your update pics.

I'm right there with ya on the Sour-D, but might run a variant this round. P-Chunk is nice, my friend is growing her, I'll see if he has any info. I'll update later with some new seeds about to hit the water :cheer:

:thanks::420: and friends!

Looking perfect. I need a kick in my butt for taking so long to start following you.

:thanks: right on time BAR, awesome to have you here! :thanks: :Namaste:

Going to toss 2 beans tomorrow.
GT's Pick - was the Panama Regular, so I'm hoping for a girl :cheer:
And I'm going to pick the Fem+ Strawberry Sour Diesel :) which just sounds like a love affair in the making.
Timing wise, to keep my turnover steady, I'm going to try to time out the WWSK, so I can toss those 2 replacements, which can be pretty big. My ventilation is better than last year - so I'm hoping I can keep this much light going through the summer with minimal AC improvements. HEPA is still on the table, but I'm thinking that eliminating the humidifier has solved my problem. I still clean like a neurotic, but I think that that was the causal factor of my past mold issues. I'm sporting women's stockings on my intakes right now....and I'm thinking I'm OK with that for now. :shhh:

Managed to push my timer start times out of balance. I woke up, and the light was off, when it should have been on. I opened it up, to find the timer moved ahead by about 40min. Rookie mistake, really, but it's just plants :) they will be fine I think. Onward, upward, and all that. Going to drop those beans tonight!

Managed to push my timer start times out of balance. I woke up, and the light was off, when it should have been on. I opened it up, to find the timer moved ahead by about 40min. Rookie mistake, really, but it's just plants :) they will be fine I think. Onward, upward, and all that. Going to drop those beans tonight!

How long has the timer been off schedule? A day or so and it shouldn't be a problem. You just added some time on the end of the cycle is all.

How long has the timer been off schedule?

Not sure really. It was pushed forward, somewhere between a half hour, and 45min. I may have altered it again, when trying to figure out what was up, so that would be two light changes. Anyway, I got some 'Nanas on the GLP, and used that as an excuse to 'trim' or 'backbuild' a couple of the tops where the 'nanas were. I'm cool with a seed or two.....as this GLP was the Floorseed that was a self-seed from my last one. She'll keep her stuff together, I'm betting. I'll just keep an eye out for a few more 'nanas, and will trim them out if needed. Just a small bump I imagine.

The next batch - We have the two new residents, SSD, and Panama! Seeds are soaking in wineglasses, and will go into paper towels later today.

IMAG09906.jpg

I'll be topping them both early, and training them up with a light touch. Peace and Nugs! :peace::Namaste:

Trimmed six 'nanas from the GLP - hopefully that will be her last complaint. She's not nearly as frosty as my last one, but she's starting to produce some good resin.

WWSK's have finally stalled at 31" and 39" from the dirt. Fun moppets, but they got legs. Massive pistols - so I'm thinking that she will indeed produce some Skunk sized snowballs.

THCBomb is 12 days in flower, and is easy peasy this round.

Panama & SSD have both cracked, and are in solos as of tonight.

Not sure really. It was pushed forward, somewhere between a half hour, and 45min. I may have altered it again, when trying to figure out what was up, so that would be two light changes. Anyway, I got some 'Nanas on the GLP, and used that as an excuse to 'trim' or 'backbuild' a couple of the tops where the 'nanas were. I'm cool with a seed or two.....as this GLP was the Floorseed that was a self-seed from my last one. She'll keep her stuff together, I'm betting. I'll just keep an eye out for a few more 'nanas, and will trim them out if needed. Just a small bump I imagine.

The next batch - We have the two new residents, SSD, and Panama! Seeds are soaking in wineglasses, and will go into paper towels later today.

IMAG09906.jpg

I'll be topping them both early, and training them up with a light touch. Peace and Nugs! :peace::Namaste:

Damn CS! You sure do have a system down. Always something in the rotation going on. :thumb:

Damn CS! You sure do have a system down. Always something in the rotation going on. :thumb:

Going to pop two more next week :) I have a purple trainwreck that I'm musing on...and a strawberry blue something or other.....
You got the new run started! Cool, I'll pop ovah ! :high-five:

Quick update. Some housekeeping for the journal, with current dates and targets. I have a spare tent if things get too busy. :)

//////////////////////////////////Green Love Potion (GLP.2)
Flower 3/30
Harvest 5/30 (60 day)
/////////////////////////////WWxSK (Topper)
Flower 4/12
Harvest 6/12 (60 day)
/////////////////////////////WWxSK (Tall Sally)
Flower 4/14
Harvest 6/14 (60 day)
////////////////////////////////THC Bomb (THCB.2)
Flower 4/21
Harvest 6/21 (60 day)
///////////////////////////////Strawberry Sour Diesel
Sprout 5/6
//////////////////////////////Panama
Sprout 5/6

The WWxSK are doing well, and are going to produce. Very Sativa phenos, huge stretch, and they are finicky. I'll get some new pics.
THCB is hooked up. She looks to be all Indica, and she didn't stretch at all, just like my last one. A quick peak at other grows of this strain, show completely different looking plants, so it looks like there is a lot of phenotypical variance.

GLP is starting to fill in, Day 37 Flower. Hopefully she gets close to what her mother did, as she was the best kind of crusty. I'm going to feed her until 10 days before harvest, with a stepdown taper, ending with a FloraKleen flush, then water/molasses for the last ten days. Current feed is 75% Sensi Bloom, with supplements at the same strength ratio.

IMAG10459.jpg

New arrivals, SSD, and Panama! :rocker: I'm vegging in my drybox for now. Cost at homies, $2.67

IMAG1041_1.jpg

I'll post some new pics soon. Also, just dropped the single seed I got from Spicy White Devil (flowered mom), and will be dropping:
Heavyweight Fruit Punch, and something else fun - not sure what yet....maybe Candyland, or Animal Cookies.

Peace, love, and great green nugs! :peace::Namaste:

Interesting, what kind if lights are in the flower tent? I am upgrading slowly, haha. I haven't gone all out because I haven't really had the space. Now that I do I'm definitely going to go with the LED. Thanks for the advice on the LED though. I've had such a hard time really pinpointing what I want to do/buy, there's just so much out there now lol.

Hey BoggyMan, check out CrawDaddy's journal....

Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

Hey CareStalker, nice looking plants, have you tried/thought about replacing hps with led and going full LED, wonder how it would effect your grows?

Hey Crawdaddy,

Thanks CD! You must have read my mind - I've been hoping to eventually replace the 600wHPS with the XML-350 and going full LED. I was hoping to have that saved up for it by now, but I don't yet have the funds to allocate to it. With the XML light, I'd expect my yields to be slightly better, and quality to up a notch, with a ~40% energy savings v. HPS. I've been stalking the LED grows again, and think that is where I want to go. That, and maybe a switch to Coco, if I can get the hang of it. :hmmmm:

Just caught up on your comparison grow, I hope we all learn something from it, and I'm sure it will be interesting. Thanks for popping in here ...:passitleft::peace::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom