Colorado High - Soilless - LED/CFL - Skunk Red Hair - 2014

It's been 2 days and all 6 of the seeds have popped with a visible tap root. I've placed all 6 seeds inbetween two wet paper towels between two small plates, to minimize the light and maximize the humidity, for another 3-4 days to let the tap roots develop some more.

Subbed! This should be interesting. I believe a led grow with supplemental cfl is a fantastic option. Great spectrum with low heat and power consumption. Good luck! Looking forward to this

LOL! I shudder to think what I was smoking when I first started back in '76. Names like Columbia Gold, Panama Red and Maui Waui were thrown around but hell if I know what I was consuming, including anything that was used during it's production like herbicides, pesticides, etc. :cough:

How do I sub this, or just post and keep an eye out for responses?

Depends on whether you are setup to automatically subscribe to a thread when you post in that thread. If I automatically subscribed to every thread I posted in I would have an unmanageable subscription list so I subscribe manually. For any thread you want to subscribe to, simply click on "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and select "Subscribe to this Thread".

Well, it appears that that the babies are anxious to get growing. At 4 days since the start of germination, they all have ~1" long tap roots which was very unexpected. In fact, it was a bit of an effort to get the entire sprout into the Rapid Rooter Plugs without causing any damage.

SRH seeds at 4 days since the start of germination (under flash and natural light) -

DSCN23703.JPG

DSCN23714.JPG

Rapid Rooter Natural Plant Starter Plugs -

DSCN23742.JPG

SRH seeds nestled into their new homes for the time being -

DSCN23754.JPG

Once all of the sprouts have become seedlings and the grow box becomes available, I will transplant them into 2 gallon pots and start vegetation under the LEDs.

Thanks GO and LA! First time for me as well. I was not pleased with the peat pots I used last time. Even though some of the roots penetrated the pots, the peat pots were still completely intact and I believe they had some negative impact on the root development of my last grow. Tuesday night, I decided to get some RR Plugs and thankfully they arrived today or else I would've had to use peat pots again.

Back
Top Bottom