COorganics - All Natural - No-Till With ACT's - Winter Attic Grow

That's a 1st using just soil, I've never heard anyone using that method. Yea it will be good to see how Shotta gets on & to compare success rates. CO Finest did a cloning video but it was a comparison using different gels, powders & plain water & I noticed he uses a dome with his. I've seen quite a few cloning discussions lately and there are so many different ways that people swear by. This cloner looks good though & I do have a little pump lying around somewhere but my hydro shop is a good drive away so I'll have to put it on hold until I need more stuff to warrant the journey.

I use a dome but no misting is necessary. Just one misting after the cuts are taken. I take a lot of cuts at one time so the quantity in the dome also create its own moisture from transpiration.

When misting a lot especially the foliage the tips will wilt and start to turn to a mushy mess.

Also if anyone uses clonex gel and they are having bad success try another product. I have been liking root-tech a lot. and botanicare just came out with rhizo-gel which looks like it might be something to try. Clonex has been killing mine and many others. pretty sure they had a bad batch or something and they lost me as a customer. too many problems with my cuts when using clonex gel so i GOT OVER IT.

My clones in rapid rooters lately have all been done with no gel. Just soaking fresh cuts in a solution for ten to fifteen minutes and voila cut your 45 and done.

I want to build a version of this aerocloner too to try it out. might get one built by sunday for fun.

Skunny, I have cuts that I rooted in just dirt and cuts I rooted in plain water. No hormone at all. With those 2 methods you can get 4 batches of clones per calendar year, lol. But it DOES work.

CO I don't doubt it works, I was just saying I've not seen anyone use the method. My mum used to take cuttings off plants she liked in other peoples gardens & do them in soil :)

I just had a nice chat and session at the local hydro store. This guy is a good dude for sure. Ended up there for a good while talking. He has done TLO before and is pretty darn familiar with organics.

Anyway, I asked him if people were having trouble with clonex. He said he hadn't heard any complaints. He says thanks for heads up shotta.

I spent so long at hydro store I have to wait till tomorrow now to get the hardware end of my aerocloner parts. Good stuff though. I'm about to leave the store and in comes by buddy bartering a huge LED for a Huge T5. Then I gotta try his recent harvest of course. Where did all the time go?

Does anyone listen to NPR science Fridays?
Pretty cool 17 min podcast available free. Titled: is healthy soil the low tech solution? I went ahead and downloaded the science Friday app because I missed the broadcast because no one at work wanted to listen to it, lol. I don't know how to post a direct link to podcast. Anybody could do that??... That would be nice.

I think all here would enjoy.

Edit: it is the tablet. Anybody with a real computer could probably post a link. Something about RSS feed and App Store. Damn computers.

I am the proud owner of an 8 site aerocloner. I had to source parts locally for a little for $$, but you could build something similar for under $50.

image13082.jpg
image13080.jpg
image13081.jpg

I think one of the best things about being able to consistently produce your own clones is often overlooked. Pests! You won't be getting hitch hiking spider mites, ever. All you gotta do is grow from seed and take your own clones, in house.

Skunny, great question. I am using my tap water (PH 7.0, ~60 ppm) plus a little bit of CaMg+. To quantifiy the "little bit" I'd say I put 3-4 drops/gal of water. I'm not using any rooting hormone or anything else currently.

Open to suggestions though, I'm a newbie at aerocloning.

In regards to PH.
PH is something I rarely measure in water or soil. I bought the tools to measure PH and TDS when i first started growing. (in miracle grow, ha ha haa!). I have never attempted to correct PH up or down, ever. I find it interesting that, the friend who turned me on to the aerocloner recommended doing all kinds of stuff to the water. Bringing PH down, adding chemi nutes, using rooting hormone, etc.
He stated that in his personal experience the cloner "didn't work well" unless you add all that shit to the water.

I refused to try all that, and I am having great success with this cloner so far.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything like that, but the way people grow cannabis is absurd and it's all based on lies people made up to get filthy rich.

People have vegetable gardens with good black dirt outside and chemical Hydro MJ grows inside, wtf??

This whole weed growing thing is so much simpler and easier than its made out to be. And the whole reason for that is to drive product sales. I heard a guy tell another guy the other day all about his "organic" grow, and the products, and gimmicks he uses. I wanted to say "Dude Man, pour the great white into a jug of Botanicare and look at what happens with a microscope. Educated yourself!" If someone wants to throw hundred dollar bills away, throw them in my empty wallet, lol.
Ticks me off a little because "organic" weed is getting popular around here, but somehow none of the customers and barely any of the growers know what "organic" pot really is.
I had a conversation with the nicest older lady the other day. She smokes herbs and wanted to find organic weed. She said she ate organic food and wanted to source organic pot. She was having a hard time and told me she was "willing to pay more" for organic pot. Does anyone else think this is BS? If we have a basic understanding of organics, well then ya know its Cheap to grow!! One could walk around the forest and find everything you need for free to do an organic grow. I explained to her what to ask for and look for when choosing a weed "dealer". I felt bad for her and offered to gift her a plant to out outside next summer.

Big Rant. Sorry. Been reading about worms, bio teas, no-till in containers and such all day. I think I could use a bowl.

I was going to rant more but then I just heard Mother Nature knocking at the door. She is wondering if she can borrow my PH meter to ensure that the rain is properly adjusted so that all the plants and animals on the planet won't die. :)

The above post isn't directed to anybody. I just needa vent sometimes. My wife doesn't wanna hear it, so I have my journal.

I have a lot of friends in real life who grow and I think most are really misinformed. I have found that they get very defensive and I've learned to keep my mouth shut when it comes to grows that claim organic but really aren't even close.

Just catching up on your journal, CO! :thumb:

The conversation on cloning made me want to post this pic of a Utopia Haze cut after 26 days in water with a pinch of Doc's Roots innoculate. I stumbled across this method some weeks ago, and I've been using it with great success.

But I'd rather have your cloner, CO. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSCN6240.JPG

Thanks for swinging by GT. you are persuading me to order carnival seeds with next order. Yours looks/sounds really intriguing.
I'd build u one of these aerocloners for cost (somewhere around 40-60$ + cost of shipping) and mail it to you. Seriously, lemme know. I'd like to build more of them.

I like the rant COorganics.

What % success would you estimate or know so far?

Hey lab, what's cracking?
I put 8 cuts in yesterday including 3 from the last device that hadn't yet rooted. Ill keep track.
Here is what I have planned though, and haven't mentioned yet:

I wanna take 8 cuttings and try to root them in the aerocloner with absolutely nothing but tap water. Easy peezy and frugal, if it works ok. I think if I got roots in two weeks without adding anything to res or using rooting hormone I would be real happy with that.

I also will let you know how fast I get roots using tap water and CaMg+ (the way these clone are being done now)

Thanks for swinging by

Back
Top Bottom