COorganics - All Natural - No-Till With ACT's - Winter Attic Grow

I agree for the most part with your rant, however, Hydroponics and Aeroponics may need to be PH balanced to be more efficient. I wish you luck in your experiment.

If you do not find good results or to much leaf damage while the cuttings are trying to build roots, just add one variant per experiment.

I built an aero cloner last year, I have fooled around with hormones, rooting gels, Superthrive, and powders and I have found the only thing that has made a significant difference to tap water only, was tap water PH to 5.8 after letting the chlorine leach off for about a week.

If you enjoyed building your cloner, build another and try 4 in each cloner, take lots of pics and when you are done with your experiment put up one of the cloners on craigs or whatever and see how much you can get for it. May be a small business for you. With the pics you can have proof for whoever is interested in buying one from you.

Hey lab,

I like your thinking. I don't understand the "need" to lower the PH. The friend who turned me on the the aerocloner said the PH should be brought down to 5.5, and you are saying 5.8. I wonder what's wrong with neutral? Just curious, maybe you can help enlighten me?

CO, just subbing up. I like your tea recipe I may have to look into some of the products you use. :Namaste:

If I may when I do clones in rapid rooters or whatever method I may use I never ph water and have had a good success.

CO, just subbing up. I like your tea recipe I may have to look into some of the products you use. :Namaste:

If I may when I do clones in rapid rooters or whatever method I may use I never ph water and have had a good success.

HMG, great to see you here. Cloning is a crazy subject due to the huge variety of techniques that apparently work. I certainly am confused about the "need" to use lower PH water in an aerocloner. I'm confused about all kinds of stuff, lol.

Don't follow any of my ideas just yet. I really am switching gears a little bit for this upcoming grow. TLO seemed great to me for the past 2 years, but I feel the need to move forward. Science based organic gardening. The proof as always, is in the pudding.
There won't be any pudding here until early December. And in all honesty I don't expect my first run in no till pots to really demonstrate the full potential. 3rd,4th,5th runs in the same container will be very exciting to me!

Soil mix will be done cooking middle of September, and the temperatures should be down enough to start flowering up in the attic. That's the gameplan.

For the first week before they have roots I would say tap is better untouched unless your cloning in rock wool being the only exception really.

The chlorine in tap is also a sterilizer helping keep the clones free from any pathogens. The clones just need the moisture theres no need to ph the water all crazy. After about a week or so it will become more important to adjust the ph as the cutting will then need to start taking up nutrients. the nutrients in the aeroponic cloner will be more readily available at a more desirable ph range anywhere from 5.5 to 60 should work perfect. Start them a little lower since the ph will likely rise over time. Once they hit soil the ph is again out the window.

I am taking cuts tonight in rapid rooters and putting together the aero cloner. pics to follow later on. Theres a million ways to clone so my way is not the only way obviously just the way it works for me.

I am loving your journal COorganics. great discussion thread.

I am loving having u here shotta. And I hope for this to be and stay a good discussion thread. I have so many unanswered questions. I get one answered and it brings another three forward, lol.

Thanks for the explanation on PHing the water in the aerocloner. So it's done to make the nutrients more available. I didn't realize that clones would really want any nutes so early on in their lives. Also confusing is that in soil nutrient uptake seems to be best closer to a neutral PH. So water is different I guess?

Oh and say I did jump on the bandwagon and want to lower the PH of the water, How the heck do I do that organically? Vinegar?

I have used humic acid or hygrozyme to lower ph for soil stuff in the past.

With my coco stuff the ph usually settles at a desirable range without having to mess with it.

When i say adding nutrients I mean like a 1ml ca/mg per half gallon and a base nutrient at like 1/8th strength which should be no more than 250 ppm @.5 conversion

You can lower your ph with lemon juice :) Light Addict put me onto that one & it works just fine :)

I was searching the online auction site & found a Aero-Pot which is a misting type cloner £35 delivered so I might give that a go. I don't know if you have them in the US but it looks great how it turns the water into a thick fog :)

It's hard to see what it does exactly, there's a circular disc that sits in the bottom & nothing is sprayed out. It kinda vibrates the water into fog, weird but wonderful :)

I have noticed that the cutting stay green when I PH balance the water, and they yellow and brown when I do not PH adjust the water.

Here I am confused, help me out Lab,
To me "balanced" would mean neutral.
But my understanding now is you guys are lowering it??
Please elaborate.

I'm small time and have only felt the need to take clones once. I was five out of six in jiffys. I pHed the water I soaked the cubes in and filled the tray to 1/2" with to 5.8 or hydro level. The reason I did it was because I saw that was what Cola Monster did... Worked out well for me.

I think the most important key to success is using cuttings from a very healthy plant. The people who fail over and over are usually taking cuttings from plants that are just bumping along and are not thriving. If the plant is a healthy fast growing specimen it's cuttings will root easily, from what I've observed here on the journals.

Back
Top Bottom