COorganics - All Natural - No-Till With ACT's - Winter Attic Grow

I like Tuesdays for a weekly update.

Everything is cloning, sprouting and vegging right now.

image12634.jpg

These are 3 bigsour sprouts. Big sour is a home brewed cross of Big Bud and Sourdiesel. Regular seeds.

image12635.jpg

These 2 are Wild Thailand from regular seeds. Haven't sexed them yet.

image12636.jpg

1 jack Herer (female) from regular seeds

image12637.jpg

Veg Room shot. Temps and RH in veg room are ideal. I'm loving that. Running light 18/6, and off in the heat of the day seems to work well, in this room, in this season.

There are a couple Bubblegum plants (females from clone) and clones.

I'd like to have six of something ready to throw into flower mid September. The Jack could be flowered now, as it stands, with a month and a half more of veg time that thing would finish a beast. Maybe too tall for my room. Maybe I should just make it a mother plant for a while?

Any body grew Jack Herer and or Wild Thai?
I am trying both out for first time. Any helpful info on growing either strain would be appreciated. Stuff like how much stretch? How do they respond to training? Actual finishing time in soil? Other stuff?

Thanks and have a good one.

Thank you! Mighty kind of you. Consider me an "exchange student" of sorts. I'm an alum of another of these forums, ---------. I was a somewhat regular poster over there and completed one journal, until Mrs. Weaver's anxiety got the best of us and my growing was Kaiboshed. However, now that we have legal medical in the good 'ol state of Massivetwoshits I'm angling towards starting up again.

The "no-till" bit is the key word that popped up in my google search and brought me to you. I'd like to say that its my green showing, and I'm trying to be economical and earth-friendly with my horticultural hobby, but to be honest it's because I'm cheap!

Just started digging through your older threads (and the suggestions of others' threads you offered). Really interesting, insightful stuff. Looking forward to following along.

Great start Organics. What's the size of that Veg room?

Cool Bob,
Sounds good man.
It will take a year, or at least a few runs... But I really think leaving the soil in the pots, undisturbed, is gonna produce better plants, and easier. I have seen on other forums people are doing it in containers with good results. A few members here are trying it out too.

Great start Organics. What's the size of that Veg room?

Good question I will get the tape measure out right now,
... The room itself isn't really all being used for veg, there is some crap in there. It looks like 6X4 is the actual space I'm using to veg.

I'm monitoring attic temps and I'm pleased to say they are dropping!
This morning the monitor showed a 24 hr HIGH of 91 and a LOW of 51.
In July I was getting well into the 100's. won't be but a few weeks till I can start flowering again. I'm looking to see highs in the low 80's, Which would become my lights out temps. As it cools outside I have an oil filled radiator heater to raise temps as needed, and a humidifier to keep RH in the zone as well.

To see any growing method perform to the max you need to have a really good indoor growing environment, so we wait a bit longer to flip the switch to flower mode.

Already time for another TUESDAY UPDATE:

Went down the mountain to Denver yesterday, for some gardening stuff. Went to paulinos and way to grow.
I was just going to pick up crab meal and neem seed meal, but ended up spending $150.
Got all kind of goodies for soil ammendments now. I'm really actually set up for years and years now, except maybe new bulbs every other run or something.

Veg room is plugging away. Now have the DIY aerocloner working too.

Fairly concerned about jack, and stretch. Reading a lot of folks doing very minimal veg time with jack. Mine has months already, and I have short ceiling in attic grow room. So maybe a scrog could be put in place to try to keep it horizontal. Another note on that, I am training the f*ck out of the Jack. My experience with that is the more you top, break, bend, and tie: the less they stretch.

Pictures up really soon. Trying to get the whole of my organics growing supplies together for a group shot, I have a lot of shit here.

image12891.jpg
image12892.jpg

The whole of my supplies . I'm not missing much of anything now. Have too much,if anything. :)

image12893.jpg
image12894.jpg

The veg room

Yesterday I got arugula seeds, garden wire, 50# limestone, 40# gypsum, crab meal, fish meal, neem seed meal, volcanic rocks, 40# alfalfa meal, 2.2 cf Canadian sphagnum peat moss.

Some of that stuff is a bit much, lol, but cheaper in bulk so why not. This winter there may be a small demand around here for some premixed blends. Such as the 6-5-3 or maybe an alfalfa, blood, and feather meal amendment blend. Or some of the spike mixes, premixed. TLO is catching on in the mountains. Ill most likely get my money back and still have 1/2 of the crazy big bags.

In regards to visiting the grow store, well, it was a typical experience. Lets just say that Shottafire wasn't working behind the counter. I went for soil amendments and, once again, they pushed bottled stuff at me. Instead of fish meal I could buy a $24 bttl of roots product. "It's organic, and works well with the rest of the product line". No thank you, ill take these and have a nice day.

PeeJay, when the end of the world comes we can start a new one in the middle of nowhere. We will grow, smoke and eat ganja. I suppose we might hunt, fish and gather as well. Bring whatever you need, but I have the soil stuff taken care of. :)

Edit: I'm still cracking up about purchasing 40 pounds of alfalfa meal.

Back
Top Bottom