COorganics TLO BG SCRoG - HPS+MH

Re: COorganics TLO BG SCRoG, HPS+MH

image6146.jpg
image6145.jpg
image6144.jpg
image6143.jpg

Not at all complaining, this was my personal best so far. I'm pretty new at it. Can do a lot better. This current run will be fun.

I think I will be watching your grow closely! You look like an expert! :bravo:

Glad ur coming along pinky
Not even close to expert here. I have never attempted to grow herb indoors doing anything other than organics. I've had entire crops go to seed, Shitty yields, my buds are just STARTING to get good.

I'm waiting for somebody to answer my scrog ?'s.
I don't have to build screen for a couple weeks, so there is some time.

Thanks, that screen looks pretty much exactly like what I wanna built! Icemud's grows are awesome too. My last scrog, I used chicken wire. It grew into the screen so bad it took me 5 hrs total to cut 6 plants free, and had too because they all finished at different times. I'm gonna try to make it much easier on myself. I have to finish reading icemud's DIY screen tutorial now...

I would like to hear folks opinion on a few things, scrog.

1). What kind of screen do you prefer? Why?
2). How much defoliation are you doing? When?
3). Do you diagram how you want to train the plants into the screen, or do you randomly tuck and weave in any direction?
4). What kind of veg time works well for multiple plants(same strain) ((bubblegum, from clone))under one screen?
5). Is there any reason to do individual screens for each plant when I'm using the same strain?
6). How high do you put your screen above your containers?

I know that's a lot of ?'s if u have an answer to any or all please chime in...

If I could get some people to help me out here that would be great.

Thanks In Advance,

I will take my best shot at answering these..

1. I used a metal screen with 2"x3" holes. You want holes that are large enough that buds can grow through as well as manuvering the plants is easy and not shoving them into little holes. Too large of holes and you will not have as many budsites available in the end because there are less holes to weave and tuck under. I've seen people use plastic, string and other things to make their screens and this should be fine as well. I chose metal because it is stronger and can support the canopy much better than plastic or string, but any will work.

2. With Scrog I have done grows with defoliation and without. I prefer with a scrog to do a medium defoliation, but it is more of a personal choice. The grow I did a scrog and did NO defoliation, I ended up getting Powdery Mildew and I believe this was due to too crowded of a canopy and not enough airflow through the foliage. Defoliation is more of a personal choice and each grower will tell you different and what works for them. With scrog I generally will remove any leaves that either block budsites from getting light, or leaves that are too crowded. A very good grower buddy told me that mid to late flowering it is OK to remove all fan leaves 5 nodes down from the top and I did try this my 1st grow and had great results. On other grows I have only removed the necessary leaves and still had good results... so really the advantage would be mostly airflow and cleanlyness.

3. I don't diagram the plants, they grow slow enough where I can just look every 2-3 days on where there is open space, and what branch I want to use to fill it. With my V-Scrog I typically will put more stretchy strains like OG's on the taller sides because I know they stretch a lot but shorter more bushy strains go to the middle of my v-scrog. Other than that, not much planning goes into it besides putting the branches where they are needed.

4. GAS Lamp Routine is my favorite veg lighting schedule. It works very well and shows equal if not better growth for plants. To do GLR, you set your timers to 12 hours on, 5.5 hours off, 1 hour on, 5.5 hours off. No need to do a 18/6 schedule and spend extra $$ on electric if not needed.

5. Individual screens would work well if you have the room. They you have more flexibility in training the plant, pruning the plant and getting to all sides of the plant. When the plants all grow into just 1 screen, there is not as much accesibility to reach all sides of each plant so it makes pruning, supercropping and other things slightly more difficult.

6. My screen sits about 12" to 15" above the top of the pots, this gives me enough room to water, reach the back plants, and do plant maintenance like pruning, trimming and bending.

Not sure if you saw my video but I made this to help explain scrog and how to do it... hope you like..

I am a fan of using trellis netting 4" squares.

When you use netting you need to string it tight to keep things right.
I am noticing some advantages if you have the vertical room to go without scrog but the uniformity is pretty cool with scrog.

I have been away from scrogs for awhile but there is one in my near future.
Big fan of TLO and the knowledge of the rev.

+reps on your digs bro looking good.

Glad ur coming along pinky
Not even close to expert here. I have never attempted to grow herb indoors doing anything other than organics. I've had entire crops go to seed, Shitty yields, my buds are just STARTING to get good.

I'm waiting for somebody to answer my scrog ?'s.
I don't have to build screen for a couple weeks, so there is some time.
Your scrog above looks like a sea of green! :thumb:

Icemud,
Thank you for the very detailed reply. I will be taking your advice on screen material, and prob just do completely flat.
Your journal that I read was very helpful as I also am doing 6 plants, one screen, organic soil. Very applicable info!
Thanks again!

And I will skip glr just as a matter of personal preference.
And for veg time and defoliation I guess I will let the plants tell me what they want.

Shotta
Thanks for visiting and kind words.

The rev is quite a knowledgable fella, that's why I choose to follow his proven methods!!
Thanks

Icemud,
Thank you for the very detailed reply. I will be taking your advice on screen material, and prob just do completely flat.
Your that I read was very helpful as I also am doing 6 plants, one screen, organic soil. Very applicable info!
Thanks again!

And I will skip glr just as a matter of personal preference.
And for veg time and defoliation I guess I will let the plants tell me what they want.

LOL...I misunderstood what you meant by veg time...lol. The general rule of thumb is to get a top into about 3/4 of each of your holes in the screen and then flip to flower.. or another way of saying it would be to fill up 3/4 of your screen before flowering. I typically go as full as I can before things start looking crowded. Some choose to continue training into flowering however once I flip the light schedule, I generally let them just grow, other than supercropping if needed later in flower (on my OG's).

Icemud, I was thinking of "3/4's" then flip. I also was thinking of doing my screen as low as 8" to shorten veg time, can't see why not???
Those round single screens from Home Depot are intriguing... I could add screen to them to make them a bit bigger( which I would want).

I was planning on tucking and weaving into flower, last time I did 2.5 weeks.
Colas were shorter than I would want.

I think ( could change) that I will tuck and weave for 1 week with the bubblegum ( after flipping) an I will do a massive defoliation a week prior to flipping. It's amazing how many fans leaves I had at harvest last time, and I thought I defoliated a ton last time...
I want lots of leaves for photosynthesis, and it's amazing how many you can chop off and still have plenty of leaves.

EDIT: I can think of a reason for not having the screen so low, difficult to water with most pitchers or watering cans. Could buy or build a contraption...

Icemud, just watched video, thanks for posting it here.

So you don't top at all, huh? Interesting. I thought topping twice as early as possible and then LST would be the ticket.

if there isn't enough leaves to support the plant its gonna make more

Icemud, just watched video, thanks for posting it here.

So you don't top at all, huh? Interesting. I thought topping twice as early as possible and then LST would be the ticket.

I always top, because I used to do this with my tomatoes. It seems to make a strong set of branches.

Topping has been good for me, may slow things down but that isn't a problem for my grow.
This here is probably really just a matter of personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom