Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Doc! I know I am about a week late but I wanted to drop in and wish you a Happy New Year 2017!

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thanks Doc for reminding me. Placing gallon orders. Great prices, and all my orders have arrived in tact. It is real nice to
smile once in awhile. I'm a happy DBHB apprentice.

Doc love your post , tried to PM you but need another 47 post sucks because I'm not much of a post person more into learning. would love to talk with you on your High Brix method. looking great

Hey Drift....gotcha at #4....not bad eh gang! Ok, on behalf of 420 Mag and the gang around here , i would like to offer you up , a big warm welcome to the 'Mag' and more specifically, this neighborhood. We are very proud of our membership around these parts as our group of growers are special, not because they are very good at what they do, but because of their integrity and genuineness. I would like to encourage you to do some visiting of our journals to get a good 'feel' for the group. Almost all of us grow in soil and of that group, most are using Doc's gear with tremendous ,repeated success. We only ask a couple things of new members and they are, enter our journals with a smile and good attitude with your ego , left at the door....do these things and we promise you , ya won't wanna leave this place, as it's truly a great place to spend some time learning , making friends and enjoying growing. Cheers to ya Drift, and once again ...a big warm welcome to ya! Cheers eh....:welcome::420::bravo::cheer::circle-of-love:

Hey Doc (or anyone who knows for that matter), I've been reading much of your posts/journals around the forum. I've learned much in the process from other contributors as well. Apparently I failed to read anything on the level of expertise required in order to be successful with your kit. In other words, I am a new grower, 2x4 tent, would it be appropriate for me to start on Hi-brix? Thanks for your help and happy sticky new year!

Hey Doc (or anyone who knows for that matter), I've been reading much of your posts/journals around the forum. I've learned much in the process from other contributors as well. Apparently I failed to read anything on the level of expertise required in order to be successful with your kit. In other words, I am a new grower, 2x4 tent, would it be appropriate for me to start on Hi-brix? Thanks for your help and happy sticky new year!

Yes! I am on my second grow, my first was regular nutes and this one was Doc's Kit and it's much easier than regular bottle nutes, just having to ph my water on grow 1 alone was a huge pita. In a 2x4 you will need to limit yourself to 1 or maybe 2 plants so figure a kit does 6 plants in 7 gallon pots or 42 cubic feet so you could use roughly 1/2 kit in two 10 gallon pots. Plus you'll get lots of help on this fine forum.

Do it lansky! You won't regret it! :passitleft:

the Kit is for all growers, noobs and pros..
its recommended you follow the instructions for 1-2,3 grows initially :)

Yes! I am on my second grow, my first was regular nutes and this one was Doc's Kit and it's much easier than regular bottle nutes, just having to ph my water on grow 1 alone was a huge pita. In a 2x4 you will need to limit yourself to 1 or maybe 2 plants so figure a kit does 6 plants in 7 gallon pots or 42 cubic feet so you could use roughly 1/2 kit in two 10 gallon pots. Plus you'll get lots of help on this fine forum.

Do it lansky! You won't regret it! :passitleft:
Spot on Weenmeoff, I plan to start with 2x10 gallons pots. Building up enough posts to be able to pm the Doc. Thanks for your insight.

Spot on Weenmeoff, I plan to start with 2x10 gallons pots. Building up enough posts to be able to pm the Doc. Thanks for your insight.

Lansky, you have stumbled upon a very cool place. On behalf of the 'gang' and 420 Mag. i'de like to offer up a big warm welcome to the 'mag' in particular , this neighborhood. Most of us around these parts are using Doc's gear or are ordering one as we speak.:blunt: We are having repeated, stellar success with the "kit" , and having fun along the way. We are proud of our membership and encourage you to visit some of the other DBHBB grows...get a 'feel' for us . We only ask a couple lil things ...please enter our journals with a smile and good attitude , leaving your ego at the door,...do these things , and i promise you , ya won't wanna leave. The people here are genuine and full of integrity , with a desire to learn and help others.
Doc Bud is very fast at responding and getting the ball rolling with getting your stuff shipped.
I would like to just say , prepare the whole "kit" , if ya only use half of it , that's cool , just keep it in your bin/tote until ya need the rest of it. Cheers and once again , welcome to the mag. Lansky.:welcome::420::circle-of-love:

Which foliar do you suggest?

Mix 'em at 3/4 strength, Brix or Destress and blast the crap out of them.

My current mite regimen:

Leaf Wash at least twice in veg, and 2 or 3 times in bloom. I mix the Leaf Wash product at 1/4 oz per quart of RO. Using my Solo sprayer pumped up to the max, I spray every inch of the plant, leaf and stem, top to bottom with the goal of physically dislodging every mite and every egg.

I do it when I prune in veg (twice), when I transplant into bloom, and then 3 days later and another 3 days after that.

The whole time, I'm using the foliar sprays also with the goal of dislodging the bastards.

Please note: It's best overall to use a fine mist when foliar spraying. But when dealing with persistent mites it's more helpful to let the sprays contribute to the battle as well.

Once I start to see trichomes forming, I go back to the proper, light misty way of spraying. We're winning the battle against Cannabis Cup mites this way. These mites laugh at miticides. You can't poison them, because stupid, selfish growers are abusing miticides so often nowadays, they have created mites that are immune to miticides.

But no miticide can match a high brix plant. Especially when the remaining mites and their cursed eggs are bogged down and suffocated by horticultural oils.

Following these guidelines, I'm back to having mites that don't hurt anything and I'll be able to back off on the war tactics after this cycle.

These were by far, the worst mites I've ever dealt with. For years I'd go cycle after cycle with no mite pressure. I literally forgot to even worry about them. They just couldn't do any damage.

But those damn C-Cup clones.......never again.

I gots a curing question. I hung my Sour Diesel a week ago. Stems were mostly snappy on Sunday and I jarred everything on Monday. My buds are dry for sure, maybe even too dry. I have one fan leaf in each jar as I just harvested my blue dream 2 days ago. I work right next to a smoke shop full of Boveda packs. Anyone here use the Bovedas? My guy gave me a pack but it's 62% and I am unsure if that's too high. I am unsure if it would even rehydrate my stash.

Gaffle, I use Boveda 62% with great success. I dry for 7-10 days, place the buds in qt jars and cure for 10 days. Here is the schedule I use. * Day 1-3: Lids off 3 x for 10 min. Day 4-6: Lids off AM and PM for 10 min. Day 7-9: Lids off once for 30 min. Day 10: Ready. I place a small hygrometer in the jar to test the RH on day 10.

At that point, as long as the RH is within a few %points of 62%, I add one Boveda 62% packet to the jar. After a week, I'll check the RH again and I'm good to go.

Once, I made the mistake of putting to large of a bud in the jar, which required a couple of days of additional drying.

Weeks, months later, the buds feel pliable (spongy), smell fresh and the terpene odors are exquisite!

One time I was rushed as we were leaving on vacation and had to skip one of the 30 min sessions. I threw in a Boveda and when we came back two weeks later the buds were fine.

Gaffle, I use Boveda 62% with great success. I dry for 7-10 days, place the buds in qt jars and cure for 10 days. Here is the schedule I use. * Day 1-3: Lids off 3 x for 10 min. Day 4-6: Lids off AM and PM for 10 min. Day 7-9: Lids off once for 30 min. Day 10: Ready. I place a small hygrometer in the jar to test the RH on day 10.

At that point, as long as the RH is within a few %points of 62%, I add one Boveda 62% packet to the jar. After a week, I'll check the RH again and I'm good to go.

Once, I made the mistake of putting to large of a bud in the jar, which required a couple of days of additional drying.

Weeks, months later, the buds feel pliable (spongy), smell fresh and the terpene odors are exquisite!

One time I was rushed as we were leaving on vacation and had to skip one of the 30 min sessions. I threw in a Boveda and when we came back two weeks later the buds were fine.

that's some really excellent methodology there MMM. Consistent product.

Good morning Doc and all! Started a Green crack in DBHBB this morning. We've followed the instructions, germed the bean, sunk it in soil, and now are waiting for the bean to sprout. I'll be running one plant in one 10gal fabric pot. I'm new to the grow scene but can follow instructions so should be nothing but kit from here on out. Amazing growers on this thread so nothing but respect for ya'll. I'm sure I'll be checking in here quite often. Enjoy your growing and have a Rockin day

Bumble's Humble Hive! It's Alive

Peaceful blazing

Good morning Doc and all! Started a Green crack in DBHBB this morning. We've followed the instructions, germed the bean, sunk it in soil, and now are waiting for the bean to sprout. I'll be running one plant in one 10gal fabric pot. I'm new to the grow scene but can follow instructions so should be nothing but kit from here on out. Amazing growers on this thread so nothing but respect for ya'll. I'm sure I'll be checking in here quite often. Enjoy your growing and have a Rockin day

Bumble's Humble Hive! It's Alive

Peaceful blazing

bumble, you starting a HB journal of your GC? let us know :)

So Doc, only sent it to you so I'll throw it in for everyone. I'd like to run the kit in my hoophouse, I've seen a few posts in here referring to a minimum of 25gal pots for outdoor grows. I also came across a post from may 22nd 2013, where you recommended mixing in more promix hp to cut it down and fill more pots... I'm not even at the point where I know size of container so I'll start my question there and hopefully we'll talk out a way to an answer haha. Smoked a bit so I might lose my train of thought.

I want to use these bolt together corrugated metal half tubes... from home depot/lowes etc

Pallet.jpg

Not sure if anyone has experience with them, but if so what sizes did you use, and how much soil? I may purchase a set to test out size or measure in store. There is a plan for 6 to 10 plots in my greenhouse...

Hoophouse.jpg

My buddy pictured is 5'10. Just for reference the greenhouse will be much taller. Approx. 12ft at its peak after a wood base is built and reinforced bars go across the hoops

Are these half-tubes galvanized? If so, I would question growing something in them that I'm going to consume. Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom