C6448F22-B753-4E92-ADEB-6640F1DEBD91.jpeg

GLGA is very close - perhaps tomorrow

B288AEB3-ED62-4782-BA00-2B3A11E3D52B.jpeg

BeBo1 is also very close. She also got her first taste of bloom beverage
69B838BD-0E0E-4480-BE3F-5905A5F04D2A.jpeg

A538B27B-4FA8-4424-A745-F2F8F9D3EB5B.jpeg

The BeBo2 clone looks like she’s starting to shorten internodes
0758C235-E6D4-4C04-BAF9-13759C085583.jpeg

And Ka2 added some bulk in the past week. Starting to see some amber - so I will harvest tomorrow night after putting her in the dark tonight through tomorrow

58C35DDE-F12E-4AC0-AA14-CCE6EC7C646C.jpeg

And Ka2 added some bulk in the past week. Starting to see some amber - so I will harvest tomorrow night after putting her in the dark tonight through tomorrow
:goodluck:

Thanks Shed! I think I’m getting the upper hand. On GLGA and BeBo2, I duct-taped the hole, filled up the bucket with water, held for 5 minutes, and then pulled the tape off. When they all scampered to the surface to keep from drowning, I hit em with the neem spray.

I understand that neem is systemic to some degree(?) and can affect taste(?) So I didn’t want to do a flood and hold with that.

Anyway, not many are moving this morning, but I did a mop up with insecticidal soap spray anyway.

BeBo1 doesn’t seem as infested, and none of the tomatoes, pepper, or Ka2 have any. But I wasn’t ready to flood BeBo1 yet anyway. I wanted to try it on BeBo2 first - just in case it was a giant fail.

Thanks, but I think it’s only going to take me about 2 minutes tomorrow - I’m just going to cut the trunk and hang the whole plant for a few days in the dark. I’ve already taken off almost all of the remaining fan leaves.

Then, before the buds dry out too much - about 3-4 days this time of year - I cut the buds of the branches, and put them in jars - leaving the sugar leaves on.

At that point, the buds are still fairly moist, but the sugar leaves are just getting dry. I will leave the jars open on their sides, and gently shake/rotate them every couple of hours.

After a couple more days, I can close them for short periods (8-12 hours) and then open them briefly for some fresh air. During the entire process, I am always sniffing for ammonia - any wiff, and the buds go into a paper bag until the ammonia goes away.

By 2 weeks, it’s possible to taste a bud and not wish you hadn’t. By 6 weeks, it’s ready for prime time, and just keeps getting better. The best bud is always the last one.
:smokin:

Man how your garden explodes with happiness. Not sure why I don't get updates but when I do things are moving a long nicely.

Thanks, my brother from the same mother! :love:
This also happened to me recently - with HashGirl’s journal. :hmmmm:
How’s it going down in your garden? Have I missed any updates?

Congrats on Ka2! Good luck for the harvest :tommy:

¡Gracias syenite! I’m not expecting much - probably less than 20g - but it will help keep my stash up until the fall harvest.

Then, before the buds dry out too much - about 3-4 days this time of year - I cut the buds off the branches, and put them in jars - leaving the sugar leaves on.
My son and I argue about this for every trim. I like to leave some of the sugar leaves on, while he insists on each bud being perfectly manicured. I tried to tell him that leaving some of the leaves on will help slow the drying/curing process and result in a smoother smoke, but he tells me that he doesn't want to smoke "leaves". :rolleyes:

It’s so dry here, if I manicure close before drying, they’re over-dry in just a few days. By leaving them on, it takes at least a week. I find it very easy to pull off/trim them at time of consumption.

Dropping a note here from the Pro-Mix site:

If your water does not provide at least 25 ppm magnesium, then it will need to be provided by fertilizer.“

From this, it would appear that the Mg dose typically would likely not need to exceed 35-40 ppm. Excessive Mg can interfere with the uptake of other cations, such as Ca and K.

Another note from the Pro-Mix site (on choices of acid for addressing high alkalinity water):

Sulfuric acid provides sulfur in the form of sulfate, which is needed by plants and is often low in water sources and fertilizer programs. Therefore, high rates of sulfuric acid do not cause any issues with the crops as the normal recommended range for sulfur (sulfate) is 25-60 ppm sulfur (75-180 ppm sulfate). For these reasons, and the fact that it is typically the least expensive, sulfuric acid is the choice of most growers.

Need to keep an eye on 60 ppm max - since I use sulfuric acid as a “pH Down“ for hydro.

Yay! :yahoo:

Just now, I finally found and terminally deterred the little green-camo grasshopper bastid that’s been chewing on leaves all over BeBo1 for weeks!

BeBo1 is now in bud set.

E40E20D9-9B77-4FDB-A82C-8AFC6560E378.jpeg
8AA4463A-D0FD-4F0A-93B4-4DD815F4AE92.jpeg
340847AC-568D-4840-AE10-91636EA02C2C.jpeg
9F1882ED-667C-434A-AC83-9846B4CE9DA2.jpeg

Since I‘ve seen a lot of those white moths flying about around dusk, I’m going to mix up some spinosad in my Hudson sprayer tonight. I will alternate with BT every 2 weeks - until 2 weeks before harvest. Those caterpillars aren’t getting in my buds!

Okay, someone recently asked me how much I expected to harvest from BeBo1. I thought maybe a pound to a pound and half? It’s a different shape than any other large cannabis I’ve grown, so I might be off a bit.

So I looked up Bomb Seed’s estimate - they say 500-600g per square meter (~10.76 sq ft)

Is this linear? Since I have managed to grow her out to about 5 ft x 6 ft (30 sq ft), am I to believe that a yield of about 3 pounds (30 sq ft/10.76 sq ft = 2.78 x ~500g = 1400g = 3 lbs) is likely?

Since I‘ve seen a lot of those white moths flying about around dusk, I’m going to mix up some spinosad in my Hudson sprayer tonight. I will alternate with BT every 2 weeks - until 2 weeks before harvest. Those caterpillars aren’t getting in my buds!
Sounds like an excellent plan. I might have to do the same - I really want to avoid plucking hundreds of caterpillars off my plants by hand, which is what I did last year.

Soo.... I'm mostly a lurker these days... catching up on threads here and there on rainy days... not really saying much.
Then I run into this.....

I dilute the battery acid down to 7.5% and use it as a pH down. And actually, it does provide additional sulfur, which is considered essential for increasing flavor. I use this because a) it’s cheap and readily available at any auto parts store, and b) I don’t want to add too much phosphorus to my mix (most pH down is a diluted phosphoric acid).

An audible laugh and a large smile came from Tead.
Fun! Whodathought?
I've been using PH down for swim pools with no problems and I thought I was coloring outside the lines.

This is why I have considered adding in vermiculite back into the system.

Of course, the original hempy config was a perl/verm mixture. I do peat these days, but it's similar in allot of ways to a perl/verm mix. The perl alone config just makes life easier, but one can always toss in the verm to thicken the mix and provide better water retention.
For me, I never wanted to increase water retention in my hempy pots... but that had to do with my ambient humidity staying above 80%. I had to work to get water to evaporate.

¡Hola Tead - good to see ya still kicking!

I think I will try some vermiculite in the final pot, since it will be in that the longest - throughout the summer. That should help dealing with the hot and dry.

But I like how fast perlite dries out - so I can get a nice wet-dry cycle to build up the roots between the interim up pots. So I think I’ll stick to all perlite for those.

Your pool acid is probably even cheaper per H+ than my battery acid lol! I knew you were lazy - but cheap too?!

How much acid do you have to add to your NO cocktail anyway? Do you know how much chlorine you’re putting in there?

Although, it probably doesn’t matter much! :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom