GC's First Indoor Cabinet Grow

Hey guys I'm following your convo and to ripper, few pointers, this plant is a tough sob you give it some medium,water nutes & light and it will grow,the big trick is not loving them too much, if you have a min skin over my first journal it was my 4th or 5th grow indoors but was many firsts,I had been here as a guest copying soil growers ,doing 1 or 2 bag seed plants using miracle die nutes but I found some journals using Coco hempys in 2 liters I let's up the $ for some fox farm nutes and went for it with a tag tag diy cfl's setup ,it's a good journal to show how basic you can grow, I had no ventilation a tiny closet in an RV, have a peek you might find some useful ideas:thumb:

wow BID, you threw out some awesome acronyms....Now I have to go look deeper into the 420 mag annals of information and do more research...damn you for being so nice....lol. Oh where does the day go... fill the bowl, breath deep, exhale and repeat...ahhhhhh, there we go....

wow BID, you threw out some awesome acronyms....Now I have to go look deeper into the 420 mag annals of information and do more research...damn you for being so nice....lol. Oh where does the day go... fill the bowl, breath deep, exhale and repeat...ahhhhhh, there we go....

Indeed. I did a shitton of reading and even though I've always been kinda book-smart, having visuals (of both successes AND failures) makes that learning process much shorter. I need to go look too.

Looking beautiful in there GC.

I have not been by in a long while. and I surely won't let that happen again.
About to get exciting in there.

Welcome back man. Let's face it, the startup of most grows is fun seeing it come together and the thought process involved. The first few weeks of a grow are sloooow, though, so you didn't miss anything really. Hell, I wasn't even very excited at times as the progress seemed so miniscule, but that's a good thing for me because it gave me the time to read some more and practice my patience. :lot-o-toke:

Weekend update. They have both h.ad a genuine growth spurt, and (formerly) little sis, has started to stretch. So much so, I decided to supercrop. Obviously she's not healed yet, but it was only an hour or so before her top and fan leaves had turned to the light and today they look like nothing's happened.

I only have a couple shitty pics I took with my cell this morning, but it was about 6a and I hadn't had my redbull yet. I fully plan on getting a few clear images later today. Additionally, something told me to check the res's and sure enough they were low, so I fed them again. They drank a half gallon each in a day! So, I went ahead and drew another 3 gallons of RO.

Here she is right after supercrop.
Supercrop_11_9_13.jpg

and here's a terrible overhead showing lots of glare for your viewing pleasure.
Overhead_supercrop_11_9_13.jpg

A day later, and it's almost as if nothing happened.

Supercrop_11_10_13.JPG

overhead_11_10_13.JPG

Whew! What a day! Well, I came home yesterday and got a little concerned about the fact my light appeared to have a couple dead diodes only to discover all is well and the diodes indicating they weren't working were working fine. They were IR diodes...ffs.

So, after all that, I refocused on the girls and I saw the effin' supercrop job I did last week on little Sis, while giving everything else a chance to catch up, wasn't apparently supercropped enough as it's practically straightened itself out. I gave the "knot" where I'd supercropped it a squeeze and it's already hard as a rock. I doubt I'll crack it again, but both girls are starting to throw out pistils! :cheesygrinsmiley: I may have to start tieing some branches as there are a couple that will be resting against the sides if I don't (look at little sis on the right side there).

I fed AGAIN this morning and they appear to be ready for daily feedings. I also boosted their nutes slightly and fed this soup: 2ML CaliMagic, 3ML Part A, 6.5ML Part B, 2ML koolbloom and needed 2 drops of pH-down to put it at 5.9 (750 ppm, pH 5.9)

Here are the ladies...

Girls_11_13_13.JPG

and the supercrop joint...

Supercrop_repair_11_13_13.JPG

She's trying to stand upright again...

what_supercrop_11_13_13.JPG

Their tops showing little white hairs...

Little_Sis_pistils.JPG
Big_Sis_top_11_13_13.JPG

The end of second full week of 12/12.

Thanks man. :Namaste:

Well, you could be right in changing their names. It's really interesting how both these plants have exhibited completely different growth patterns throughout their lives. Hell, while I expected it was impossible, I think I may have veg'd them a week too long or so. At this point, I wish I had a second light and I'd just move them each under their own. Maybe next time. :hmmmm:

Hey GC, those little ladies are looking fine. I was wondering what kind of yield are you hoping for from those two? I have a space about the same size that is perfect for this. Just wondering your thoughts on how much you expect to see?

Hey GC, those little ladies are looking fine. I was wondering what kind of yield are you hoping for from those two? I have a space about the same size that is perfect for this. Just wondering your thoughts on how much you expect to see?

Hey Ripper, honestly, I have NO expectations as to total yield. I have formulated a couple numbers in my head, but don't want to be unrealistic nor overly disappointed depending on results. I can tell you this, right now, I'd be happy if I got 2 zips of primo...but I expect I'll get a bit more.

funny thing about expectations. If you achieve them it makes you happy but yearning for more, if you dont achieve them it makes you unhappy and still yearning for more....

I get what you are saying tho. Whatever nature brings you, it is all GOOD!!!!

Thanks LA. S'all good man. I can understand not keeping up. I stumble through every day, but I can't sub all the ones I'd like to follow myself. Glad you stopped through. Things seem to be taking off now so every few days there's something to see, but I can barely manage a weekly update. I need less work and more chill.

funny thing about expected yield, i was thinking about it and i can honestly say i have never had an expected weight for a grow or even a single plant i get what i get sometimes i see one growing and think damn that one will be alot or the opposite, but in all cases im growing for myself and some family so while a big yield is desirable its always been about quality for me ,if yield were my focus i guess i would have mastered hydro right off, its not a business for me, but it is my business if that makes sense, i understand that for some growers yield is priority 1 its their income , so i see why they are obsessed about yield ,i can see how even non commercial growers can get caught up in that mindset and nothing wrong with giant yields ,but we as growers ask ourselves what were after, i did and re evaluate from time to time,what im growing for my yields are more than enough to last from harvest to harvest, i harvest almost monthly its took a while but my system is perpetual and i manage it almost all by instinct i just kinda know when i need to clone or plant seed, but anyway now that ive babbled on n on thats my goal "quality"

Back
Top Bottom