GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Highya GDB,

Yes, I like golf and things about golf. Glad you shared that story. I hope it works out for you, especially being right around the corner. Golf is good, especially for the exercise. And yes, today was a good day!! Happy Smokin'

Hello gang.

I've got some reporting to do today. Just call me Clark Kent!

New Trick girls - Flip 37

First the Lemon Bubble. The leaf discoloration does not appear to be spreading and it's still limited to the upper region. I started her on calmag top-feeds yesterday (I think -- may have been the day before) and will continue to do so for perhaps the remainder of the grow.
LB 5-7-24 F37 calmag def.jpg

Blue Cindy has mostly gotten her green back!
BC 5-7-24 F37 grn again.jpg

And last, I checked the top leaves of the Hash Lover for any signs of discoloration but saw none (yet).
HL 5-7-24 F37 no discolor.jpg

Since all of these plants are now on Strive nutrients, I'm thinking that if Strive could not provide the LB with the calmag she needs then the other 2 plants might hit that same barrier. So today I started giving all of them a 1L top-feed of a plain calmag solution (TPS calmag 0-0-0) @ 2ml per gallon, in addition to topping off their reservoirs with plain water pHed to 5.8. (They've had their 2 consecutive Strive feeds so today was water only day.)

All safely tucked back in:
NT 5-7-24 F37 tent.jpg

-----------------------------------

The Phase II girls - Day 37

What can I say?

They're coming along at their own pace and they look healthy. There being fed GH MaxiGro @3g per gallon + GH's CALiMAGi @2ml per gallon. GH recommends feeding once or twice a week. I've chosen to feed them on Sundays and Thursdays. The remainder of the time they get plain water, but sometimes I'll toss in the occasional dose of silica in their plain water feeds.
NT P2 5-7-24 D37.jpg

NT P2 5-7-24 D37 eyelevel.jpg

The Godberry (center), Fat Kid's Cake#2 (left) and Fat Kid's Cake#1.

----------------------------------------

The Cosmic Lights is at her new home!

She probably knew something was up from all the wind hitting her.

Lately, I can't catch a break when it comes to my truck. It was about 82F today with about 80% humidity. Miserable. So for the first time this year, when prepping to pull off for my friends house I decided to turn on the air conditioner. No happenings. All I got was warm air streaming from the vents, even after letting it run for more than 5 minutes. It's busted.:straightface:

So that meant hauling down Interstate 95 at 75-80mph with the friggin windows down. Yeah, she knew something was up!

But she was no worse for wear by the time we arrived:
CL 5-7-24 D77 post-transit.jpg

My buddy, I'll call him "LB" (because that's what I call him anyway, and I'm tired of typing "my friend" and "my buddy")
decided not to harden her on his deck. He said that squirrels have declared war on his yard and his deck this year. They've been chewing on cords, digging in plants and some have come up on the deck and knocked over plants, breaking their containers.

He has a small, 2nd floor balcony off of his bedroom and he said he'll harden her out there. There's an umbrella available if/when needed.
CL 5-7-24 D77 balcony harden.jpg

So her outdoor journey has begun!

We poured a gallon of tap water in a bucket and, using a very small measuring spoon, figured out just how much apple cider vinegar was required to get his water down to 5.8 pH. CL is still in coco so for the 5-6 days she'll remain in her pot her water will need to be pH'd. LB doesn't have a meter so we took this approach. (I couldn't leave him my meter 'cause I need it at home. And I didn't want to ask him to get one for just a few days use.) Anyway, we learned that 2 spoonfuls of the tiny measuring spoon we used will bring a gallon of his tap water to 5.8 pH.

BTW, I walked the yard and saw only 2 potential spots for the CL. He said he had plenty of room. He lied.

That's my news.

What say you?

Oh.

Good luck for the golf course GDB, it sounds very handy to have close to home, and cool that the asst. manager is a grower too.
Thanks Stunger. Very handy and very cool! :)
I care and good luck on getting the job and the move GDB im sure both transitions will be successful! ✌️
Thanks so much SOG! :thanks:
Sounds like the perfect job nice & close & smokers & growers NICE!
Yes it is con. I haven't landed a spot yet but I'm nearly certain that I will!
!!Hell yeah!! 💯 💚
🎶Today was a good day🎶
I'll take more like it, Jiggi!
Yes, I like golf and things about golf. Glad you shared that story. I hope it works out for you, especially being right around the corner. Golf is good, especially for the exercise. And yes, today was a good day!! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode. Yeah, golf is good exercise, especially if you walk hilly courses!
Good luck! Sounds like your day! ⛳
It was a nice one Stone. (But then today, my ac is dead.) Oh, well. I had a good day! :)
So let me get this straight , your going to get paid to play golf ! :thumb:
Pretty much Smoke. That's the way they run the courses up here. I'll get to play that course for free as well as her two sister courses in DC, both of which are much longer (and flatter) than the course where I'll be working.
Great news on the free golf!

Just remember any signs of swing drama keep your head down and spread your legs a bit!
Ha! If I don't keep my head down while I'm playing, I'll definitely have it hanging down at the end of the game! :)
What a terrific chance encounter and well done reading the assistant manager's eyes! What's the going rate to open up that position, in case you know a guy?
I can't tell you that Shed! ;)

----------------------------

Thanks for visiting.

PEACE

Quite the exciting car ride for the CL! Best spot for it is wherever it's going to get the most sun in August and September, so LB would know that better than anyone. Nice garden though. :)

Phase I and II both look like they're doing their boring best. :thumb: Also, adding cal mag really does seem to be a coco thing and a lot of synthetic growers add more to theirs than they would in soil (and more than the bottles contain), so I'm guessing that you're on the right track there.

Those phase 1 & 2 girls look good & glad the move was good looks like she'll be happy their (nice property) what's up with the pictures? They look good, if you want a short check list to check your a/c let me know

Those phase 1 & 2 girls look good & glad the move was good looks like she'll be happy their (nice property) what's up with the pictures? They look good, if you want a short check list to check your a/c let me know
Thanks con. I did an internet search on my vehicle and possible causes of the ac issue. Could be any of a number of things, none of which I think I'd try and fix myself. I could try, but that would just be postponing the eventual trip to the mechanic! 😁

Quite the exciting car ride for the CL! Best spot for it is wherever it's going to get the most sun in August and September, so LB would know that better than anyone. Nice garden though. :)

Phase I and II both look like they're doing their boring best. :thumb: Also, adding cal mag really does seem to be a coco thing and a lot of synthetic growers add more to theirs than they would in soil (and more than the bottles contain), so I'm guessing that you're on the right track there.
Exciting, huh? I'll bet more like frightening! 😬

Sorry about the a/c, but at least the plant was comfortable...:)
LB's yard looks like a park...lots of trees, so lots of shade...her spot wouldn't have to be perfect, 6 hours of direct sun should do the trick..a little more would be better, but that's not always possible if you also want to keep her out of sight...

Definitely looking happy and healthy over there GDB nice work 👌
I did the same thing giving a buddy a couple of clones, he had no pens so we measured up the same way and it worked great 👍 looking forward to LB's updates 😁

Oh and congrats on the potential job bro it's a bonus doing something you enjoy 💯 & grow chats a double bonus as I only get 420mag for that!
I see your clubs are packed waiting the call 🤣 or was that your security delivering CL 🤔🤣

Hello gang.

I've got some reporting to do today. Just call me Clark Kent!

New Trick girls - Flip 37

First the Lemon Bubble. The leaf discoloration does not appear to be spreading and it's still limited to the upper region. I started her on calmag top-feeds yesterday (I think -- may have been the day before) and will continue to do so for perhaps the remainder of the grow.
LB 5-7-24 F37 calmag def.jpg

Blue Cindy has mostly gotten her green back!
BC 5-7-24 F37 grn again.jpg

And last, I checked the top leaves of the Hash Lover for any signs of discoloration but saw none (yet).
HL 5-7-24 F37 no discolor.jpg

Since all of these plants are now on Strive nutrients, I'm thinking that if Strive could not provide the LB with the calmag she needs then the other 2 plants might hit that same barrier. So today I started giving all of them a 1L top-feed of a plain calmag solution (TPS calmag 0-0-0) @ 2ml per gallon, in addition to topping off their reservoirs with plain water pHed to 5.8. (They've had their 2 consecutive Strive feeds so today was water only day.)

All safely tucked back in:
NT 5-7-24 F37 tent.jpg

The Phase II girls - Day 37

What can I say?

They're coming along at their own pace and they look healthy. There being fed GH MaxiGro @3g per gallon + GH's CALiMAGi @2ml per gallon. GH recommends feeding once or twice a week. I've chosen to feed them on Sundays and Thursdays. The remainder of the time they get plain water, but sometimes I'll toss in the occasional dose of silica in their plain water feeds.
NT P2 5-7-24 D37.jpg

NT P2 5-7-24 D37 eyelevel.jpg

The Godberry (center), Fat Kid's Cake#2 (left) and Fat Kid's Cake#1.

----------------------------------------

The Cosmic Lights is at her new home!

She probably knew something was up from all the wind hitting her.

Lately, I can't catch a break when it comes to my truck. It was about 82F today with about 80% humidity. Miserable. So for the first time this year, when prepping to pull off for my friends house I decided to turn on the air conditioner. No happenings. All I got was warm air streaming from the vents, even after letting it run for more than 5 minutes. It's busted.:straightface:

So that meant hauling down Interstate 95 at 75-80mph with the friggin windows down. Yeah, she knew something was up!

But she was no worse for wear by the time we arrived:
CL 5-7-24 D77 post-transit.jpg

My buddy, I'll call him "LB" (because that's what I call him anyway, and I'm tired of typing "my friend" and "my buddy")
decided not to harden her on his deck. He said that squirrels have declared war on his yard and his deck this year. They've been chewing on cords, digging in plants and some have come up on the deck and knocked over plants, breaking their containers.

He has a small, 2nd floor balcony off of his bedroom and he said he'll harden her out there. There's an umbrella available if/when needed.
CL 5-7-24 D77 balcony harden.jpg

So her outdoor journey has begun!

We poured a gallon of tap water in a bucket and, using a very small measuring spoon, figured out just how much apple cider vinegar was required to get his water down to 5.8 pH. CL is still in coco so for the 5-6 days she'll remain in her pot her water will need to be pH'd. LB doesn't have a meter so we took this approach. (I couldn't leave him my meter 'cause I need it at home. And I didn't want to ask him to get one for just a few days use.) Anyway, we learned that 2 spoonfuls of the tiny measuring spoon we used will bring a gallon of his tap water to 5.8 pH.

BTW, I walked the yard and saw only 2 potential spots for the CL. He said he had plenty of room. He lied.

That's my news.

What say you?

Oh.

Thanks Stunger. Very handy and very cool! :)

Thanks so much SOG! :thanks:

Yes it is con. I haven't landed a spot yet but I'm nearly certain that I will!

I'll take more like it, Jiggi!

Thanks Bode. Yeah, golf is good exercise, especially if you walk hilly courses!

It was a nice one Stone. (But then today, my ac is dead.) Oh, well. I had a good day! :)

Pretty much Smoke. That's the way they run the courses up here. I'll get to play that course for free as well as her two sister courses in DC, both of which are much longer (and flatter) than the course where I'll be working.

Ha! If I don't keep my head down while I'm playing, I'll definitely have it hanging down at the end of the game! :)

I can't tell you that Shed! ;)

----------------------------

Thanks for visiting.

PEACE
GDB not to FREAK YOU OUT BUT,those squirrels, DAMN things! I had a HUGE problem with them last summer chewing on my main stalks on my plants I don't know if they were after water or what but they stripped the stems on all of my plants from the pots up as high as they could reach!
I tried ribbons and streamers to no avail.
If LB finds a solution for this let me know tge only thing i found to keep them from doing it was my dog 😁. Keep me posted!✌️

Morning GDB,
I too had my trucks AC go out last year. 🙄 When I turned it on, the belt froze on the pulleys and the truck started shaking.:oops: Scared me a little.🙄 I waited for a year to get it fixed as the weather was turning cooler and I'm not getting out much due to wearing a bag. Anyway, it cost me between 900 and 1000$ to fix it.:oops: It may be as simple as the hoses leaking out the freon.:)

Good luck on your golf job. :) Maybe you'll get some of his clones to grow in your garden.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

Could you just need AC recharge with freon? They sale do it yourself kits at auto parts stores. :ganjamon:
Good question it would cost a lot less if all it needed was a recharge. It cost me almost $300 to have FireStone recharde it for me. What a waste of money when I could have done it myself. 🍋

Most vehicles are charged with 134A when you add that off the shelf shit like red dot to 134A it creates acid & trashs everything over time but if your vehicle is a beater or selling it go for it a lot of the times it's a water valve or blend door issue or a fuse or plugged evaporator or a broken wire, adding that off the shelf stuff creates more issues than what it's worth & not good for the environment even though they claim it don't deplete the ozone layer

Yeah fuck a squirrel ! Your bud has a nice place /yard with very little room , hopefully you can direct him on best placing . Plants look good even the slow porks .. If your Freon gets low the compressor want come on =no cool air . I need to shot a can in mine not as cold as it should be . Good luck with it 88F here today !!!

Do any of you care about this? I doubt it.

This has been a good day! :)

---------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE

Hey GDB sounds great to me.

When I lost my job at a warehouse I worked in for 20 years my friend got me a job as a golf ranger at a local country club. ⛳ After 20 years indoors, riding around talking to the members and eating country club lunches 🍤 🦞 every day was a real treat to me. And free golf on Mondays for employees. 🏌️‍♂️
I was constantly on the lookout for a place to hide a few plants the next year but got another job elsewhere.
Talk about hilly courses, not many around Pittsburgh aren't, and I learned on some of the hilliest but i still suck anyway.

Back
Top Bottom