Graytail Goes LED - 810W Intelligent-Gro II w/ High Brix

I'm not sure what to think of Destroyer. On the one hand it's a gorgeous plant! On the other hand, um, why does a Columbian sativa x Mexican sativa x Meao Thai look like this? I mean, gorgeous, yeah, but shouldn't it look like a sativa? :hmmmm: It's sure a sturdy, vigorous lil 9 incher. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hmm, it's really squaty. I was just browsing through other pics of Destroyer elsewhere and there it definitely looked like a Mexican or Colombian sativa. You must've got a rare pheno :) This actually might work into your advantage, a ready produce can have a classic sativa high, but plant will flower fast and will have tight bud structure.

Hmm, it's really squaty. I was just browsing through other pics of Destroyer elsewhere and there it definitely looked like a Mexican or Colombian sativa. You must've got a rare pheno :) This actually might work into your advantage, a ready produce can have a classic sativa high, but plant will flower fast and will have tight bud structure.

I don't know what to think, Conradino. I've done some image searching, and some Meao Thais look like this. I'm going to run the course with it, and take cuts and all, just in case it's like you say. I'd love to get these genetics in a indica-habit plant. :yahoo: She's looking fine so far. :cheesygrinsmiley: I haven't decided yet whether to run it naturally or train it. If I train it, I'll have to give it an extra week in veg - dunno. I'll have pics in a couple days.

On another note, I love my Intelligent-Gro II 810W!!! It's always hard to make changes to something that's working fine already, and it's always really nice when you get unanticipated rewards. :cheesygrinsmiley: Most of my whiteflies have taken a hike! I opened up the room this morning and ... no party! :straightface: Wha?? It was just kinda ... quiet in there. I shook a couple of plants and nothing happened. There's always a few, y'know, and those popped into the air a bit aimlessly, but no stadium waves anymore. Huh. Go figure.

And ... um ... I find myself thinking of ways to heat the room up to 80 degrees since the panel is no good at that. It hasn't been over 77 since I hung it. I can put the feeble 50CFM vent on a thermostatic timer I have and let it heat up that way ...

:cheesygrinsmiley::slide::tommy::allgood:

You're right, I should put some of this 18 brix Carnival away. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm down to about 10-15 grams. :blunt:

:thanks:

I think you might find that the led tastes better and is a bit stronger to the head ;)

Hey Curs..been a while...leg better? I agree with the led stuff you said bro.With my first, H.B., MK grow they were under lots of HID and had 3 different pheno's.( still tasted great)..This past H.B. grow with the same MK ...the two were very close to the "same" but the flavour is waaaay better . Maybe the LED's had a lot to do with that??Cheers eh:passitleft:

Hey Curs..been a while...leg better? I agree with the led stuff you said bro.With my first, H.B., MK grow they were under lots of HID and had 3 different pheno's.( still tasted great)..This past H.B. grow with the same MK ...the two were very close to the "same" but the flavour is waaaay better . Maybe the LED's had a lot to do with that??Cheers eh:passitleft:

Oh yeah bro leg is fantastic, thanks for asking. I actually fought yesterday, I didn't fight exactly well, but I still got out there an got some reps in ;)

Yeah I think the LED has loads to do with it, usable light is a good thing. Your stuff is looking fantastic bro :) I think you're gonna love the LED for a long time. Have you set the moon and all that jazz? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Allright, time for the weekly update!

As is often the case, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that brix still sucks. The good news is that everything except the Carnivals look pretty good, especially the Utopias, and my whiteflies ain' happy. I'm sure the Bug&Pest annoyed the crap out of 'em and made it really hard to hatch eggs, but I wonder if the LED doesn't have something to do with it. Has anyone else noticed any bug-aversion to LED light? I doubt it's just the Intelligent-Gro. Anyway, my heat issues are ended for good, in fact I've been pondering the best way to raise temps now - can't get the room over 77 anymore, heheh. :thedoubletake:

The Grapefruit cut is still looking better than the first two even after the accidental drench. It came out really well and it's ready for the next two now.

GF2 - 110 days old - 28 days 12/12 - 18 days since pistils - brix 9/9

DSCN6191.JPG

DSCN6192.JPG

DSCN6193.JPG

DSCN61941.JPG

DSCN61951.JPG

The Carnivals, ugh. They're "ok" but not showing signs of serious recovery. The harvest on these should be interesting. I'm expecting reduced yield but hard buds. We'll see.

Carn4 - 81 days old - 10 days 12/12 - 3 days since pistils - brix 9/9
DSCN6204.JPG

DSCN62051.JPG

DSCN6206.JPG

DSCN62071.JPG

DSCN6208.JPG

Carn5 - 81 days old - 10 days 12/12 - 3 days since pistils - brix 9/10
DSCN62092.JPG

DSCN6210.JPG

DSCN6212.JPG

DSCN6213.JPG

DSCN6214.JPG

And here are the elegant Utopia Hazes. :circle-of-love: This is a gas to watch - one tall and out of control, one perfectly trained. :cheesygrinsmiley:

UH2 - 79 days old - 25 days 12/12 -15 days since pistils - brix 10/11
DSCN6184.JPG

DSCN61851.JPG

DSCN6186.JPG

DSCN6187.JPG

DSCN6188.JPG

UH1 - 79 days old - 17 days 12/12 - 7 since pistils - brix 9/10
DSCN6198.JPG

DSCN61991.JPG

DSCN62001.JPG

DSCN62013.JPG

I've been just letting Destroyer grow naturally because its habit confuses me. But it got to 20 inches, so I had to make a decision, and short plants just fit my grow better so I topped it down to 17 inches. There's a nice cluster of three side branches as well as a couple of other lower ones I can pull in, to end up with 5-6 tops at least. I'll have to give another week in veg now, or more.

Destroyer - 56 days old - brix 8/9
DSCN6215.JPG

DSCN62161.JPG

DSCN6217.JPG

DSCN6221.JPG

DSCN62221.JPG

The youngsters are doing well - GF3, Buddha Haze and Blue Blood:

DSCN62231.JPG

DSCN6224.JPG

DSCN62251.JPG

One of the UH2 cuts was looking a little weak, and I had some cuts with roots in water, so I yanked the old one out and stuck this one in the hole. I think I damaged the root, so I'll do it again, but this time I'll do it right, gently filling a cup with soil and tamping it carefully around the roots. The other is about ready for a 1.5 gallon pot.

DSCN6226.JPG

DSCN6227.JPG

DSCN6228.JPG

UH1 cuts were planted and are looking good.

DSCN6229.JPG

DSCN6230.JPG

DSCN6231.JPG

Another Grapefruit cut and the last two seedlings - NepJam and Nexus.

DSCN62321.JPG

DSCN6233.JPG

DSCN6234.JPG

Here's how the cuts in water look. UH2s are 26 days old, UH1s are 18 days and the Carnivals are 14 days in water.

UH2 Cuts
DSCN62401.JPG

DSCN62412.JPG

UH1 Cuts
DSCN62421.JPG

DSCN6243.JPG

Carnival Cuts
DSCN6244.JPG

DSCN62452.JPG

I keep forgetting to say that the sand you see in the bottom of the cups is a pinch of Roots.

Nice, nice, nice. I can see that you're cloning the old school way: pure water :)

Speaking of roots, I lost my transplant and roots and couldn't for the life of me find it anywhere. I knew I'd used it fairly recently and it neither was running low so I figured I must've smoked to much and put it somewhere or dementia is setting in. Happy to report it was neither, the little lady who never touches or moves any of my stuff (sarcasm) decided it would be good to throw them under the kitchen sink for me to get them out of the way. And of course she remembered this precisely 1 day after placing my order :) No biggy, I was ordering more stuff anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom