In The Lab

Doc,
Would you mind sending me a pm with ordering info please? I am planning on eight 10 gallon containers, so I may need two kits. If I don't use all of the mix, how long can the cooked soil set in the trash cans/containers? indefinite?
Thanks

I have kept soil in rotation for about two years and then it only went bad from salt buildup / to much stuff added over time. As long as the temps are controlled it keeps just fine. I usually keep enough on hand for at least two runs and then I recycle after each grow and use the other half for the next round while the recycling soil gets a break to digest the plant matter and any reammendment that I added at recycle time :thumb:

Doc,
Would you mind sending me a pm with ordering info please? I am planning on eight 10 gallon containers, so I may need two kits. If I don't use all of the mix, how long can the cooked soil set in the trash cans/containers? indefinite?
Thanks

Over....wow bud 4 posts....i'de say your next up . Wanna take a couple min's. to give you a big warm welcome to the Mag! So glad to see ya wanna give Doc's gear a try! Everyone around these parts will offer you all the help and guidance you'll need which is going to be very little ...cuz DBHBB method of growing is just awesome. Over the last many years (since 1986) I've tried lots of different methods with all kinds of different problems...when I started using DBHBB , ALL the guess work has been removed by Doc Bud and the people wearing white lab coats, so it's easy, peasy!
Just a reminder as well Over, please always leave your EGO at the door and try and enter all our journals with a smile and a good attitude....do this and it won't be long before you discover that as people they are even better! Cheers and enjoy the ride.....get around a bit and do some reading of some of the other HB journals. Welcome aboard Over! :welcome::circle-of-love:

Over....wow bud 4 posts....i'de say your next up . Wanna take a couple min's. to give you a big warm welcome to the Mag! So glad to see ya wanna give Doc's gear a try! Everyone around these parts will offer you all the help and guidance you'll need which is going to be very little ...cuz DBHBB method of growing is just awesome. Over the last many years (since 1986) I've tried lots of different methods with all kinds of different problems...when I started using DBHBB , ALL the guess work has been removed by Doc Bud and the people wearing white lab coats, so it's easy, peasy!
Just a reminder as well Over, please always leave your EGO at the door and try and enter all our journals with a smile and a good attitude....do this and it won't be long before you discover that as people they are even better! Cheers and enjoy the ride.....get around a bit and do some reading of some of the other HB journals. Welcome aboard Over! :welcome::circle-of-love:

Thanks,
I have lurked here for a long time, but didn't start posting until Amare Technologies became a sponsor. ( I had bought and am using two of their SE450UVB LED's ) As far as growing, I have been doing that since 1984. We started out just planting whatever outside in the South Florida Sunshine. During the mid eighties, the Dutch began providing us some very nice seeds via mail order. The hydro scene started building, but you just couldn't beat mother nature, and LEO (at least in those days) still had a very difficult time spotting your skunk #1 trees in the dense vegetation. For the last few years I have not grown anything, but decided to get my feet wet again with a DWC grow of Kolossus, which is going very well (LED's have come a long way).

I much prefer to get back to organics, and after finding out about DBHBB I knew it was what I wanted. I am currently going through literally thousands of pages here on the subject including the grow journals. I am assuming that the most current instructions are these?

In The Lab With Doc Bud Post #1541

My next grow will be a Jack Herer strain from the same breeder of the Kolossus, and would like to get with Doc, get the kit and get things cooking so to speak. I will post a journal here on that grow and am sure I will have many questions along the way to make sure I have the current updated information. Again Doc Bud, due to my low post count if you will please pm me on the ordering info, I would greatly appreciate it. I will be ready to order by next Friday or Saturday depending on work schedule.

Thanks Again

P.S Just a thought, but maybe 420 magazine should give Doc some sort of "staff" privileges so he can receive post from those of us with low post counts.

Thanks,
I have lurked here for a long time, but didn't start posting until Amare Technologies became a sponsor. ( I had bought and am using two of their SE450UVB LED's ) As far as growing, I have been doing that since 1984. We started out just planting whatever outside in the South Florida Sunshine. During the mid eighties, the Dutch began providing us some very nice seeds via mail order. The hydro scene started building, but you just couldn't beat mother nature, and LEO (at least in those days) still had a very difficult time spotting your skunk #1 trees in the dense vegetation. For the last few years I have not grown anything, but decided to get my feet wet again with a DWC grow of Kolossus, which is going very well (LED's have come a long way).

I much prefer to get back to organics, and after finding out about DBHBB I knew it was what I wanted. I am currently going through literally thousands of pages here on the subject including the grow journals. I am assuming that the most current instructions are these?

In The Lab With Doc Bud Post #1541

My next grow will be a Jack Herer strain from the same breeder of the Kolossus, and would like to get with Doc, get the kit and get things cooking so to speak. I will post a journal here on that grow and am sure I will have many questions along the way to make sure I have the current updated information. Again Doc Bud, due to my low post count if you will please pm me on the ordering info, I would greatly appreciate it. I will be ready to order by next Friday or Saturday depending on work schedule.

Thanks Again

P.S Just a thought, but maybe 420 magazine should give Doc some sort of "staff" privileges so he can receive post from those of us with low post counts.

Thanks for this Over, nice to get a handle on ya . Your not a newbie to this so youl really appreciate Doc's gear. He is ALWAYS very fast at getting back to people just as yourself. He's on vacation right now , out of the country but has been pretty good replying . I suspect he will be along very shortly. Thanks for wanting to try our soil bud....cheers to ya! when ya get your first Kit , give us a shout ....someone will ALWAYS be here to help you and , or answer ANY Q's. that might come up. You might wanna get the EWC and Promix so when the kit arrives you can get right on it and get it mixed up and cooking pronto!:circle-of-love::thumb::welcome:

Thanks Doc! I'm so stoked to be stepping out of the basement, and heading to that Brix penthouse! I'll try and get the pro mix and ewc this weekend. Also have a 3 pack of the Mars hydro 48 reflectors coming at the same time as the kit! It's a good start up for me as I'm a greenhorn! Major suggested the 300s for my budget,but I have a lil extra coin so we went with the 48s. Got a 5 pack of JHautos that will start the process off. Hopefully I'll be cooking that stuff by Sunday night. Then 30 days and counting! ☺️

Peaceful blazing...

That's the stuff! I love how they listed the calcium....these guys might know what they're doing. I'd like to try those castings.

The guaranteed analysis for the Dave Thompson's and the Unco Wiggle Worm earthworm castings are the same.

I'm considering a purchase of an RO unit.
Input water is about 7.6 PH and not very tasty - no info on TDS.
I am thinking of installing a 50+ gallon/day unit in the basement with RO water going to the water/icemaker on the refrigerator door and also to a tap for Hi-Brix basement cultivation. I am leaning towards the TapMaster units mostly for the 5-year warrantee.

Any thoughts or advice?

I am thinking of installing a 50+ gallon/day unit in the basement with RO water going to the water/icemaker on the refrigerator door and also to a tap for Hi-Brix basement cultivation. I am leaning towards the TapMaster units mostly for the 5-year warrantee.

Any thoughts or advice?
Just envy...:high-five:

Any thoughts or advice?

Get a really nice pre-filter, sediment and carbon. The RO unit will last much longer and go longer between membrane changes, etc.

Back
Top Bottom