JadeLotus First Stealth Grow!

I was just noticing your lights....have you thought about adding a reflector of some kind to angle more light downward? Even one of those big aluminum turkey pans for a few bucks works great. Starting to look frosty!!:high-five::goodjob:

I have mylar to add to the insides, but I couldn't move her, for fear of breaking branches. Never thought of a aluminum pan, will have to add it for next time. I have 2 85w 2700k lights in the big cabinet and 2 23w 2700k lights in the smaller cabinet. I have more lights, but I haven't had the money to buy more sockets. its a little on the skimpy side, but live and learn.

Hey jade, I've back built on 3 crops now. And what it does is create a more uniform bud, yield increase will be minimal. But bag appeal and general appearance will look more.. Refined or commercial I guess is the word.
And yes you did it perfectly judging by your pics. Good job!

Cheers

Thanks Stumped! I wasn't really looking for bag appeal, since its just for our personal use.

Just doing a drive bye. Girls are starting to look good there. I see you've been having alittle issue with the height,,, that's one of the most common problems using cabinets, next to temp's. I have them problems every once in awhile, and I'm using the 8' ceiling. Oh well. But next plants you decide to grow, make sure you stay far away from sativas. You might want to look into some of the White Widow type plants that stay shorter. But wood've should've could've don't matter now huh? You can try doing alittle figure S'ing. Least that's what I call it. You take a tie about 4-5 inch's down from the top and tie the other end on the main stem as low as you need to without chinking the top. This isn't the best picture of it but you can see the green twist tie I use. They got the tie stuff REAL cheap on E-Bay. But anyways that's a method you can use beside doing a super cropping.
slh138.jpg

Girls are shaping up into good looking young ladies... Keepem Green

Its been over a week since i've seen your girls (and my own for that matter!) and everything is looking fantastic in there!

I had to go buy a cheap ass magnifying glass cause i couldn't find a decent jewelers loupe anywhere, so i can take a look at the trichomes and judge when its time to harvest. I'm at about 6 weeks now and by the looks of things, I will be starting my flush in a week or less and then I will be harvesting in 2 weeks. I would much rather gauge when my optimal time to harvest is by judging the colour of the trichomes rather than the amount of pistils changing colour. You get a better idea of the type of stone your cannabis will produce. i got a cheap magnifying glass for $2.. i will see how it works, but a decent jewelers loupe is like $15-25 at walmart (not in canada tho!) Once you have this tool, you will know just exactly when your ladies want you to harvest them. I would hate for you to end up with some smoke that you felt could be better!!

I really look forward to your harvest! (And mine!) Hopefully i can post up a nice bud pic for people to come check out, as my White strains are really packing on the crystals!!

yea the pan doesn't look the best but works good for a cheap reflector, anything to direct more light down so its not wasted. As for the jewelers loupe, i got my last one on ebay for $6 bucks. Just always order bigger than what they advertise because they lie! If you order a 40x loupe it ends up being a 20x, etc. Lost my loupe so i just ordered another one. Heads up, if you order off ebay from china it will take forever! Tomorrow will be 1 month since i placed my order.....:thedoubletake:

I have a loupe. I just was waiting to start checking because I think I'm about 3 weeks away. I will feed for one more week then a 2 week flush. I'm at about 60% cloudy/ 40% clear and little to no amber.

Rule of thumb I go for and was told. Is when u start to see amber, 10% or more. Start flushing then, in 2 weeks it will be 30% and ready to chop! I've let my pot over ripe because of timing my flush wrong, amber is degraded, cloudy is ripe and clear is unripened. Reason why people shoot for 30% amber is because that in turn means more clear have went cloudy and into the ripe phase. Its just easier to gauge by reading ambers instead of clears to cloudy %. I thought amber was ripened, but its used to gauge is all.

If any of this made sense lol hope it does, it helped me understand the ripening cycle of pot.

Cheers and you are on a great track to a nice harvest dude! Can't wait to see your next journal as well.

Light - I'm on my first grow and they're at most 4 weeks old. And I'm already saying to She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed - NO. YOU CAN'T TRY THOSE LOWER LEAVES.

Good times, Jade. I'm really pleased for you.

Here are some pics from tonight. I had to move dragon into the tall closet. When I opened the door, she was touching the top of the cabinet. I know it's cramped now, and not ideal, but it's got to be done.
image11597.jpg
image11598.jpg
image11599.jpg
image11600.jpg

I gave one of my colas a gentle squeeze tonight, just to see how dense they were. Not only are they rock solid, my fingers now reek of a citrus/pine/juniper smell. It's delicious smelling, and my fingers are extremely sticky. Looking forward to the harvest!

i so wish i was able to properly grow my sativa :surrender: damn height restrictions! I been debating and contemplating and arguing with myself whether i want to flower out the beast of a mother i have of this particular strain. i was thinking of just scrapping her, and the one I have in flower now and moving on. But seeing your Thai sativa growing, i think i need to grow this monster out. She is going on almost 5 months of veg. been topped like 50+ times is like almost 4ft tall and easily 4ft across. My new room will be able to accommodate her and your lovely plant has given me the inspiration to give this strain one last try. They were freebie beans so i'm not even mad if i scrap her. I will send an invite to the new journal when grow room construction begins!

those buds look taaaaassssty!

Back
Top Bottom