Josh 4.75

Thanks Cronichemphog. I'm about a third the way through your current journal. I just have to say, that OG Kush you took down back in August looked freaking amazing. You know when the fan leaves have trichs, that there be some dank.

I'm looking forward to getting fully caught up. I almost bought an Advanced XML 350. 10 watt LEDS!!! But the price tag is pretty steep. I do believe I'll go with a pair of Top ITEM:Mars II 900 watters (180 5watt LEDS with 400-450 watts/each) Two of those are cheaper than one XML 350.

I've been following a lot of grows and reviews of Top lights. I have to say I was skeptical at first. But Bigirishdoode won Bud of the Month using one of their lights. I'm thinking I'll wait until I get my tax return for the LEDs. For the time being I need the heat generated by my HPS. I also received a $1015 ticket a few weeks back so I'm trying to save money the best I can.

I was able to place my order from our friend JJBONES at Perfect Gardens. Here's a list of what's coming:

Botanicare Clearex
Botanicare Liquid Karma Quarts
Botanicare Hydroplex Bloom
Botanicare Sweet Carbo Raw
Botanicare ZHO Root Inoculant
Botanicare KIND 3-Part
General Hydroponics pH Calibration 4.01 Solution
General Hydroponics pH Calibration 7.0 Solution
Sunleaves TDS Essential Digital Pen

I went with the cheapest PPM meter. I figure that if it works for six months I will have more than gotten my moneys worth and will have feeding rates dialed in.

I spent about an hour cleaning out one of my cloners. I used a combination of Peroxide, bleach, and food grade fungicide. Waiting on my neighbor to get home so I can run it through his dishwasher. I definitely had Pythium growing. I also am not going to attempt to reuse neoprene pucks again. Saw some pink colored ones the other week that were made of silicone. They can be boiled, pressure cooked, or autoclaved. Wish I would have bookmarked the site because I want to switch to those as apposed of using the neoprene ones disposably.

So, here's the plan for tonight. Wash the cloner, take Holy Grail Kush clones. Defoil in the flowering tent. I do the majority of the cooking so all that has to wait until after supper. I'll take some more of my crappy pics but may be too tired to post them tonight. If not they'll be up in the morning.

I also want to mention that That the new strains, Royal Purple Kush, BC God Bud, and Blue Blood have all popped above soil and appear healthy. I was worried. Last time I did this I had a Tutankhamen come up with only one cotyledon leaf and it never formed true leaves. Oh well, I moved on.

:420:

There was an issue with the website last night/this morning. I'm having issues uploading pics. I guess I'm not the only one.

The only pic updates that seem to work:

Iphone_192.jpg
Iphone_222.jpg
Iphone_221.jpg
Iphone_190.jpg
Iphone_188.jpg
Iphone_191.jpg
Iphone_189.jpg
Iphone_177.jpg
Iphone_171.jpg
Iphone_169.jpg

if you have any further problems with the forum you should report your issue to this forum.

Website Help & Feedback

Seems like a lot of servers and what not are doing updates as we type. That time of year.

I was following a thread in FAQ for the last couple days. Still trying my best to help the guy resolve his problems. The thread went dead for a bit this morning. 420 chimed in and said we're working on IT issues.

Looking good!

I agree with you on the cloner discs. They are a breeding ground for mold/fungus.

I think the reason I haven't had any problems is my water temp stays pretty cool. Probably 65-70 naturally because it sits on the floor in a basement room. The -15 degrees outside probably helps too :) Also, I'm not adding anything except plain water.

Just a few ideas but at this point you have a lot more experience with this cloner than i do lol.

Really looking forward to your light upgrade. I'm in the market for my other 4x4 section and can't decide between T5's, HPS or LED. So many options and so hard to decide lol.

Keep up the great work bro!

mrbubbles87, those two clones I set on the stairs are the ones that were veged for about three weeks. That's about as tall as I want them to get with my 6" height restriction.

I'm going to go LED. I've just seen too many amazing results with them. It's the upfront expense that always gets me. I'm thinking my tax return will be minimum of $2Grand. That will be enough for LEDS and new tents. I'm also considering LED for the veg tent. My mothers get so unruly with only CFLs.

Didn't take the clones last night. I had better get to it.

:peace:

Up date time!

First and foremost I want to thank JJ BONES @ our Sponsor Perfect Gardens. I've never experienced that level of customer service. Third time dealing with the company. Screw buying cheap crap off EBAY or Amazon. The guy has our back. 'Nough said.

I've had a couple folks asking about my cloning regime. I just took 36 clones of Holy Grail Kush and will attempt to document as best I can.

Not sure if it's my CPU or the sites, but something is hooey.

So, we need some clones to keep our perpetual SOG stocked. Where does one get clones? This should work.

Iphone_229.jpg

This is my cloning machine. I have two but this is the newer. As close to hermetically clean as I can achieve.

Iphone_241.jpg
Iphone_242.jpg

That's a Clone King 36 site machine. I have an aquarium heater in the to maintain 74 F temps in the reservoir.

Everything in the veg area has been cleaned. Any form of pathogens are bad.

Veg tent
Iphone_237.jpg
Iphone_238.jpg
Iphone_239.jpg

Too many cords. I'll be updating to LED for everything in the future.

So lets take some cuts. Conventional wisdom says the middle or lower plant has enough auxins for proper clone propagation. This lady is too big. As long as the stems aren't "woody" I've found that they will still produce viable clones.

Sizing up the cut
Iphone_246.jpg
Iphone_248.jpg
Iphone_249.jpg

Most of my pics didn't upload so bare with me. See all those internodes? That's where the magic happens. Once trimmed properly they will turn into roots.

Iphone_250.jpg
Iphone_251.jpg

I make initial cuts with a Fiskars model AA713 that has been thoroughly cleaned with isopropyl alcohol. The larger leaves are removed. Don't need or want them. Then they sit in a bowl of "warm" water while I work.

Iphone_252.jpg

See how this cut will have two nodes under the puck?

Iphone_262.jpg

Once I have ten or so cuts sitting in water I proceed to the next step. I just want to mention that I make the first terminal cut long. It will be trimmed shorter in the next step.

So, here we have my rooting agent and a pie plate full of water.

Iphone_260.jpg
Iphone_259.jpg

I use the pie plate to cut the bottom cut under water. Prevention for embolisms. I use a brand new razor blade for all the final trimming. Make sure to use iso to clean any residual oils from the blades.

Iphone_247.jpg

I usually will trim one and dip it in the gel. When I'm done trimming the second I'll dip it and take out the first.

Iphone_261.jpg

1" below the puck is good. The only time I deviate is when there's another node. I'd rather have the extra nodes under the puck versus sandwiched in the puck.

Iphone_262.jpg

Looks like my work is done.

Iphone_263.jpg
Iphone_264.jpg

Just mentioning that I'm trying to be sterile. New pucks.

Iphone_245.jpg

When I do the last stem cut under water I cut on a 45 angle. I don't split or scrape but try to cut the 45 on a bias. Compound miter, 45 on both Axis.

A couple pics for RL. New life. Shitty camera but they're there.

Iphone_230.jpg
Iphone_231.jpg
Iphone_232.jpg
Iphone_233.jpg

My HGK mother is getting too big. I used forethought and she's now in a 5 gallon Hempy. Within the next month she will be flowered. I really like this stain even though my pheno has some crazy leaf mutations. I have a new mother in the works.

Iphone_235.jpg
Iphone_234.jpg

I took the top off her for a clone and did a bit of training.

I think I got one going now not my favorite but had the seed and no sense in wasting it since I paid for it lol
looking good Josh :thumb:

Why have I not found you and your work before subbed and happy to be here for the ride :) Ill read back tomoz for sure .

I want to welcome you sir. I found you a while back and do the "lurking" thing.

One love.

:welcome:

Excellent job with the cloning, they look very good and that is a very efficient cloner. I have the same rooting compound and it works extremely well. Take good care of that Purple Kush, and I am very interested in seeing her grow. Thank you for the pic update.

Haha much appreciated brother!
Looked at the "Blue Blood" definitely sounds like a powerful medicine, surprised by the 6 week flowering minimum they posted, that is pretty radical!:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom