LA's Grafting Of 100 Strains To Just 1 Plant! World Record Attempt?

Welcome one and all.

I've decided to give my new adventure its own home.

100 strains 1 plant.

That is my target and 1 I shall make happen.
Those who may know my work, will understand I don't miss my mark often.

This is a nice little challenge for me, one designed to keep me motivated and pushing boundaries a bit.
Also it's likely to be an "unofficial" world record.
I don't think anyone has documented as many strains yet anyway.

So, due to this being a rather special mission, it seemed only right to put it all in a separate journal. One that can hopefully serve to aid others and show just how simple grafting can be.

My first effort, years back on here was 14 on 1. I found a method that gives success at maybe 95% of the time.

In this thread I'll give all my tricks etc in fine detail again. I always share all and will answer anything happily on this subject.

Grow Specs.

Stock plant: Master Kush by my good friends and former bosses HSO
Medium: Soil grown
Lighting: LED
Grow space: Cupboard to start, then we'll see.
Nutrients: ........ Can't name the brand yet as not been released yet.

Side note
I'm gonna flux the stock. I'm also gonna do this with 2 plants. 1 to flower 1 to hold in veg.

So, grafting in its simplest form is just lopping a limb off your stock (base plant) and replacing it with a branch from another plant (donor)
A stock can be whatever you want. M/F whatever you fancy. Although a female stock is simpler.

No pics yet as I'm documenting it all in full. 2 master Kush should pop above ground next day or so.

Oh you know I wouldn't miss this for anything! Grafting is on my someday list, right now im just enjoying autos.

But the idea of keeping a photoperiod mom holding different strains? and counting as only one plant is just the stuff bong dreams are made of :bong:

Happy to see you bring this together, and this will definitely be a bookmark

Welcome regrowth, tokin Roll and modest grower

Yep I'm certainly hoping this becomes a something special type thread. 2 X 100 limb fluxes to start which in itself is gonna be beastly. Then we get to grafting.
Luckily because all branches on a flux are set at the same height and have exactly the same girth/ structure, it means once my fluxes are mapped out. I will then be able to graft all limbs hopefully in 3 waves all within 4-6 week window.
I will of course go into the fluxing process again as we go. I'm wanting to build a couple of fluxes that are compact. No more than 1m across and still squat. I'll graft outer branches of the fluxes in the first wave of grafts. As simply put I can manipulate them post graft to keep them on the same levels as the next wave and so on.
So the idea being my fluxes should still look uniform and pleasing to the eye once finished and before I think of flipping 1.

Hey all.

So, Grafting.

It's way simpler than most think.
Once you find a good way to conjoin the Scion cut (donor limb) to the stock. Everything else becomes routine.
Firstly; always water both stock and donor plants well and at least 3hrs prior to starting the process.
Now I've seen my little secret shared all over nowadays lol. Yet I simply used what I thought made sense and what I had to hand. PTFE plumbers tape is my little discovery that I shared on here way back.
This stuff provides a water, light and air tight barrier. It's also with a bit of practice quite simple to manipulate.

Then as long as you match limb girth/structure between donor Scion and stock branch. You stand a very good chance of success.

Next we consider the Graft point itself. The more contact area we give the graft site the better, so I use the whip graft technique. This is a long slanting cut, down the length of each the donor and stock branches that you chose for the best structural match.
The closer both branches are to one another's structure the better as it will make matching up the different tissue levels far simpler. Take your time to make sure you align the graft and tissue levels properly.
Bind the graft point once happy. Use a few lengths of PTFE tape to achieve a snug firm seal, covering the graft site totally.
You then have to cover the new limb with a plastic bag, (sandwich bag with self seal end) splash a drop of water in it and then seal it up 95% as a humidity dome.
Then you really only have your general environmental inputs left to influence the outcome.

24hr light only!!!! and then normal veg environment conditions will give you every chance of success.

The second secret is turnaround time. Don't wait on attempts more than 12hrs. The limb may droop, this is normal. Yet if the graft is going to take you will see the new grafted limb bounce back within a few hours. So don't wait a week and waste time lol .

OMFG, I cant believe you're back. I lurk around growing forums for more then a decade and your work is phenomenal, its just out of this world. There's not anything like it.

I’ve stumbled upon your threads years after you stopped posting, and always felt bad that I’ve missed the opportunity to interact and learn even more from you. The way you did your tuts and fluxes have blown my mind away for years. I never thought those kind of results could be achieved by using cfl’s for veg, in such a low cost setup.

Much, much love from Brazil dude, you're definetely a VERY special guy. We can see the love in your plants from the other side of the world. Your humbleness and passion for teaching the community definetely makes you a true OG. I’ve only saw this kind of passion from guys like Frenchy Canoli and subcool420, so thank you VERY, VERY much for all the knowledge you've shared.

If you ever come to São Paulo, I would be honored to show you around, and If its not too awkward for you, it would be an immense pleasure for me to host you as guest at my place. The house is huge, with a giant backyard full of fruit trees that my grandpa planted 40 years ago, and there's always some of them fruiting, its very nice. Its not something usual to have at a metropolitan area. You wouldn't have to worry about any accommodation costs and since I'm a musical producer, there would be plenty of really nice parties and gigs we could hit.

Again, much love and respect from Brazil.

You're a legend LA, Im sure you're gonna be known worldwide like the big names sooner or later.

OMFG, I cant believe you're back. I lurk around growing forums for more then a decade and your work is phenomenal, its just out of this world. There's not anything like it.

I’ve stumbled upon your threads years after you stopped posting, and always felt bad that I’ve missed the opportunity to interact and learn even more from you. The way you did your tuts and fluxes have blown my mind away for years. I never thought those kind of results could be achieved by using cfl’s for veg, in such a low cost setup.

Much, much love from Brazil dude, you're definetely a VERY special guy. We can see the love in your plants from the other side of the world. Your humbleness and passion for teaching the community definetely makes you a true OG. I’ve only saw this kind of passion from guys like Frenchy Canoli and subcool420, so thank you VERY, VERY much for all the knowledge you've shared.

If you ever come to São Paulo, I would be honored to show you around, and If its not too awkward for you, it would be an immense pleasure for me to host you as guest at my place. The house is huge, with a giant backyard full of fruit trees that my grandpa planted 40 years ago, and there's always some of them fruiting, its very nice. Its not something usual to have at a metropolitan area. You wouldn't have to worry about any accommodation costs and since I'm a musical producer, there would be plenty of really nice parties and gigs we could hit.

Again, much love and respect from Brazil.

You're a legend LA, Im sure you're gonna be known worldwide like the big names sooner or later.
Your words are very kind indeed my friend.
Yet I'm nothing more than a guy who got a bit lucky. I stumbled into my life's passion without even knowing it. Before I grew cannabis, I legitimately killed any plant I so much as looked at.
With our favourite plant things just made perfect sense to me. Without effort or research of any sort, I just kind of get this plant, like nothing I've ever come close to in my life before.
The luck also comes forth from this site. I met people here who have eternally changed me and my outlook in life. Then that just snowballed, I was lucky what brands I worked with in the industry. All their owners etc have turned out to be awesome folks, so I've been lucky in many regards.

Anyway thanks again. I'm just glad my passion shows.
Growing for the love of the plant and it's processes will always be more rewarding in the long run.

Hell, if I ever get over your way I'll certainly give you a holla

Back
Top Bottom