LED Grow Test

re: LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W

pics will be here tomarrow, plants are getting tall. i must say the HGL plants are looking pretty good, the pro source isnt too far behind them on tallness but some reason the 126w has fatter stems and branches? i have pistals and the white hairs their just not all crazy bushing out yet. if somone could post their pics at 2 weeks into flower i would love to seen them.

irish my pics from last week are 2 weeks into flower.

alright heres a up date today they are 2 weeks into flowering

2_weeks_flowering_014_700x524.jpg

2_weeks_flowering_002_700x524.jpg

2_weeks_flowering_004_700x524.jpg

2_weeks_flowering_005_700x524.jpg

2_weeks_flowering_001_700x524.jpg

2_weeks_flowering_012_700x524.jpg

2_weeks_flowering_017_700x524.jpg

Nice bro. Very nice! They look pretty close to the same from this end. 180 catching up to the 126, but we shall see come late weeks eh!? hehe. Can't wait!!

Looking good. Thanks for the pics! :0)

-go green-

it might be genitics but the 126watt plants seem much greener i dont know if its cuz of the light source but the leaves look broader and the branches are much more dense. it looks more mature than the 180watt. but i honestly think that both sets of plants are thriving and like we all know and many have said its the flowering that tells who can cut the mustard. cuz i think those that have been here long enough have seen cfl grows with good vegging results, albeit that they consume more energy and have more heat issues.
which makes me wonder how are the temps? if u haven't posted them earlier. cuz that is my big issue with the 400watt HID lamp.

it might be genitics but the 126watt plants seem much greener i dont know if its cuz of the light source but the leaves look broader and the branches are much more dense. it looks more mature than the 180watt. but i honestly think that both sets of plants are thriving and like we all know and many have said its the flowering that tells who can cut the mustard. cuz i think those that have been here long enough have seen cfl grows with good vegging results, albeit that they consume more energy and have more heat issues.
which makes me wonder how are the temps? if u haven't posted them earlier. cuz that is my big issue with the 400watt HID lamp.

its not gentics because their all the same plants from the same mom. theirs more leaves and thicker branches on the 126w but the leave size and greenness is the same its just the pics make it look differnt. the temps on leds and real low like nothing you will ever see right now on a grow light, not even cfl. right now i am running a heater to keep the girls warm, its 80-85F* i have found with leds ur plants love the hot temps, witch works out great in the summer time for me when its 110F out side. its the info red ffrom HID that gives ur plants heat stress, not the heat from weather to a certin degree. thats why alot of out door plants live out in the heat. the leds might raise the temps a degree or two? i can barley feel heat when i put my hand uder it.

but i agree its all about the flowering. i now leds will flower i have had beer size buds on my last grow you can see in my avatar or profile pic. and i am sure they would have been bigger but i got mites and they pretty much killed my girls befor they could finish all the way. came home and all 4 girls were laying on the ground. but i havent done a full grow with either of these lights so we shall see. i realy dont want to go back to HID because of the heat but i also need the yeild, so this test will be the breaking point for me between the two

infact instead of me keep talking about my last grow here some pics, i had to pull the premo because of the spider mites, but their were two super skunks and two shiva skunks. they were growen in 95-100F* temps their whole life and i use a 90w ufo tri-ban from start to 5 weeks of flowering and the switched to the 180w 5-ban from 5 weeks untill the end. both lights were from Pro source.

if you look hard on the fan leaves you can see the white powder stuff where the spider mites were eating, if you see this on ur plants freak out they move fast so act fast.

can.jpg

what_011_Large_Web_view.jpg

day_of_harvest_003_Large_Web_view.jpg

bf1.jpg

9_weeks_004_Large_Web_view.jpg

day_of_harvest_010_Large_Web_view.jpg

day_of_harvest_001_Large_Web_view.jpg

day_of_harvest_007_Large_Web_view.jpg

day_of_harvest_008_Large_Web_view.jpg

day_of_harvest_014_Large_Web_view.jpg

day_of_harvest_023_Large_Web_view.jpg

That's still a nice crop for LED.. Hat's off to ya Irish.

Thanks for posting this journal!

ya it wasnt too bad for using a 90w ufo for more then half of the grow. from week 5 of flower till then end was the 180w i am using for this test.

i had to throw away half of my crop due to webing from the mites. i always think about what i should have gotten if i didnt have the mites. basicaly the last 4 weeks of flower nothing grew due to stress from the mites. and thats the time where the weight should have realy packed on. that realy sucked to do all that work and time for some mites to kill my girls. their isnt too much you can due when ur that late into flowering with out posioning ur smoke to kill them.
but i promis you that they payed for that, after i harvest it was war on them fu%kers. i used so many things on my room its not even funny. the best things for mites are floramite and no pest stripes.
i am still using a no pest stripe just incase, i also bomb the room and wiped down all the wall, floors pots ect.. left a bomb and no pest stripe in the room for 3 week without opening the door

very nice sorry to hear about the mites. were they spider mites?
how was the density on the buds from the past led flower?

SPIDER MITE PREDATORS FACT SHEET & Release Instructions check out this site if you are worried about mites again maybe it can help

very nice sorry to hear about the mites. were they spider mites?
how was the density on the buds from the past led flower?

yep lots of spider mites. the two shiva skunks were very dense and the 2 super skunks were real premo and their was alot of fluffy buds because it was pulled so soon. i threw those two plant away

dude is that like a 10 OZ beer can or are you 6'7? looks kinda small comparitvly to your hand, unless your huge hahaha!

nope that a regular beer can, i just have big hands.lol. you werent the first to ask that question.
comon bro i dont drink small beers. i dont even think coors makes small beer like that. lol.

i do expect to do alot better off of this grow. i want atleast 2-2.5oz per plant for me to continue using leds. if not i will only use leds in the summer time when its 110F out side and use HID when its cooler. i do belive leds are very great when its hot and you cant keep the temps down. plants seem to have little problems with leds when its real hot. its just the heat that theinfo red that HID puts on ur plants that hurts them from what ive read/been told.. ive seen alot of grows like mine where the temps were 95-100F* like my last grow and they did fine. makes since because my friends grow out side when its 110F for along time and their plants do have any trouble.
i am not saying in any way that leds will bud better then HID so no one confuse that.lol. i will find out soon with this test.

Hope you get your yield!

Am really impressed with your journal and the experiment.

Back
Top Bottom