Lem's 2014 Outdoor Grow Journal

:rofl:

When I saw what you'd done, Toast, I wondered if that would happen. Some years back I had a bear that came every year to eat the apples that fell off the tree. From the size of his crap piles I knew he was a monster. I installed a motion sensor to a loud alarm located by my sleeping head so when the bear came it would wake me up. Then my son, 11 yo at the time, could use a remote control shutter release from inside the house to fire off a tripod mounted camera and slave flash to get pictures of the beast.

Well, that motion detector went off like five times a night before I got it dialed in and got some amazing bear pictures. There was a coyote that followed him around and ate his poop. :)

See if you can get a friend to move around up on the hill with the system active. Use the data from that to set the sensitivity.

Thanks PeeJay, Im going to play the Bear and the Old Lady is going to dial it in just waiting for it to get dark. Back in the early 1970s, my self and a friend did the John Muir Trail from Kings Canyon to Mamoth Mountain and we would set a trip wire perimator with tin cans hanging on it every night for the bears, thats what gave me the idea to do the hill. If ppeople are going to act like animals then I guess we have to treat them like animals. TOAST PS. Cool story about the Bear and Coyote.

Outstanding security system, hopefully it will serve as a strong deterrent, if not, I see some "Pain" in something's future.

:cheer:

Ok, I got a couple things.The officer that was out friday to take the report, told the head Drug Cop that the little sucker hit me again all most minuets after his release. So he stoped by on his way home to see how it was going. I told him I had it under control and took him up the hill to see what Id done. He laughed, and said good ideas.He then said theres only one flaw, I looked at him quizicly and said what , he says were trying to catch him, and when he hears that Cadillac horns goes hes gona be running so fast no one will be able to catch him. We both laughed. He shook my hand and told me to get my self well and not to worry about them, and wished me all the best and took off. I cant beleive this shit, up until now I hated cops and stayed as far away from them as posible. I dont know sure is strange. Any way 10 of my indoor plants were done so I harvested them. Even though I have put tags on every plant when it goes from the rockwool to the dirt:
Harvest_00310.jpg
When I hang them upside down I take a Sharpie and initial the stalk:
Harvest_0029.jpg
Just in case. Thats it for this time folks. TOAST

Believe me, not all LEO's are bad, I was one while in the military way back in the day.

:Namaste:

Any suggestions on choosing / buying a camera?

I'd like to set one up on the bridge for my driveway.
I'm more interested in recording the movements of pedestrians and the occasional fox or deer than I am in catching car license plates.

I'm thinking flash is ok for animals but might encourage a human to steal or destroy the camera.
I'd be willing to connect the flash up with a spotlight somewhere else so they think they triggered just a light.

Suggestions?

I am glad to hear about this Toast, sounds like they are showing you the respect you deserve. So happy to hear that you are happy and that things are well in the garden of eden. I loved hearing about what you did for security, that was a lot! Loved hearing how every 2 hours you'd get up to pee and shout "Hey you little S**t I got you!!!", and then having to fix the sensitivity on the motion sensor blow horn. I think it's safe to say you don't have very many close neighbors :rofl: , just this one punk kid whose gonna get hurt one day doing things like this. Thanks for sharing your journal and experiences with us Toast. Be Well my friend :Namaste: :cheer: :circle-of-love:

You are still lucky all you Cali bastards for having such a liberal cannabis law. I'd like to have 30% here of what you fighted out in the last 40 years. Hopefully green sun will shine here one day too, and while I'm still alive, cause I think Italy can produce outstanding quality outdoor buds if The Man just lets us. In the meantime we are still in a state of war!!!

The officer that was out today told me that after the SEB - (SPECIAL ENFORCEMENT BUREAU) the drug cops from Lancaster left here yesterday they went to the local station and told the watch commander and the officers there that I can have as many plants as I want and not to bother me just to patrol my house and flash the spot light on my hill every few hours for the next couple of weeks. I cant believe how cool these usually big time ass hole are being to me . There forceing me to change my opion about them.They realy do care. I would have never guessed. TOAST
What a change. In only so many years Lem, it is incredible. I love a good fight Lem. Looks like your a fighter, dig the way you roll. A camera trap from a hunting store would get the evidence you need.(edit: scratch that ya beat me to it, just read ahead) There is also a black light sensitive water that could be sprayed automatically, like the water scarecrow devices for ponds to keep predatory birds at bay that you could use, won't wash off for 40 hours or so incase junior hides any evidence. Here ya go

You are still lucky all you Cali bastards for having such a liberal cannabis law. I'd like to have 30% here of what you fighted out in the last 40 years. Hopefully green sun will shine here one day too, and while I'm still alive, cause I think Italy can produce outstanding quality outdoor buds if The Man just lets us. In the meantime we are still in a state of war!!!

Amen

Glad to hear your doing well Mr.Toast, hope those 217's are über potent, and work their cureness on you!

Thank you Daddi Swanga for the kind words.Today I reworked the cage.Added a shelf and spread out the plants for more Sun coverage:
Cage_and_Planter_001.jpg
I was moving around some of the Branches in the planter and have come to the conclusion that I would have been better served to have used three plants down the middle, instead of the five plant stagger:
Cage_and_Planter_003.jpg
Cage_and_Planter_008.jpg
Cage_and_Planter_012.jpg
Now some thing on a lighter and more personal note: My girl friend and my self engaged in some youthfully,exuberant, SEX - and I woke up so sore I could hardly walk. The muscles in my legs were burning with every step I took for about the first two hours until they got warmed up. LOL This is what you youngsters have to look forward too when you get old. C-Ya next time. TOAST

Earlier this evening I was changing the Butcher paper in my indoor grow room.I buy huge rolls of Butcher paper from the whole sale grocer,and put the non shiny side out on the walls of my indoor grow room, it makes for a good defuser. This journal started out as a Outdoor Grow Journal,but has gone all over the place.So while I was changing the paper I got to thinking I havent said any thing about my indoor room.Well you might like to know that when I built the room in my garage and left the floor concret.After the first grow I discovered that the plants do not like to sit on cold concret, it tends to stunt there growth. So I decided to put a floor in. When I got to Home Depot.to buy the material,they had 1"X8" cedar on sale cheap. So I ended up doing the floor and the walls in ceder.I dont use carbon filters and I found the ceder masks the odor extremly well. Thought you might like to know . TOAST

Hill Update- The LIL Bastard hasnt been back. I kinda thought he was gona come last night.Being its been a week and Friday and all,but no alarm and nothing missing. I tried to get the same shots today as I did on 5/29/14.So what Im gona do is show 5/29/14 and the same picture on 6/28/14
The_Planter_024.jpg
Hill_Update_002.jpg
The_Planter_017.jpg
Hill_Update_005.jpg
The_Planter_018.jpg
Hill_Update_006.jpg
Now remember this picture is before I pulled the eight Super Lemon Haze plants:
The_Planter_019.jpg
Hill_Update_007.jpg
Whats_up_with_that_007.jpg
Hill_Update_009.jpg
The_Planter_026.jpg
Hill_Update_010.jpg
Well thats it for now. TOAST

Making My Meds: Just a few plants were ready, so I decided to go ahead and make a small batch, so I can get started Healing. Here are a couple plants geting ready to be chopped up:
Makin_CBD_Oil_010.jpg
Here Im cuting the bud up and putting it in a Bucket.
Makin_CBD_Oil_011.jpg
This is how sticky the clippers got:
Makin_CBD_Oil_013.jpg
This is how Finger Hashy my fingers got:
Makin_CBD_Oil_015.jpg
Heres Thirteen and a half ounces:
Makin_CBD_Oil_019.jpg
Now I take and put the 13 and 1/2 ounces in the bucket
Makin_CBD_Oil_020.jpg
I then cover it with Isopropyl Alcohol. I normally use Ever Clear because it natural. But do to my security issuses I cant aford it on this batch. The Alcohol works fine, and when I get done it will all be removed:
Making_My_Meds_002.jpg
Making_My_Meds_001.jpg
I then use my drill and a paint stir:
Making_My_Meds_003.jpg
To whip the alcohol into a froth:
Making_My_Meds_004.jpg
This makes sure all the Tricomb are releast in the solvent.Then you put a lid on it
Making_My_Meds_006.jpg
and now you wait 24 hours for the next stage of the operation, so see ya then TOAST

Nice step by step, waiting to see how you make your medicine next.

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom