Masonman's - Hi-Brix - Jock Horror - 2016

Thank you Graytail. It means a lot to get compliments from the more experienced forum members.

And thank you Doc. I entered this plant in the POTM contest and received 4 votes from anonymous forum members and 2 from people I know personally. That says a LOT considering the competition and this being my first indoor grow.

Your first indoor grow is a smashing success. Life is never going to be the same. You'll mark the rest of your time as either before your first harvest or after. You're about to get a well deserved treat.

Yo Masonman,
I'm encouraged by your progress!:bravo:
Your plant looks amazing! :high-five:

Had a little issue this evening. A storm came through and the power flickered. This has never been a problem before, but for some reason, it tripped the GFCI outlet that the cabinet operates off of.

I caught the problem within 10 minutes from when the lights were supposed to come on. No big deal.

What i didn't notice is the tab that controls lights off slipped and shut the lights off one hour after they came on. So she was in the dark for 2.5 hours. Good thing I went in to check on her.

I'm pretty sure it's just coincidence that these two issues happened at the same time, but is possible she was only getting an hour of light for a couple days. I have no way of knowing. I usually only check on them once at lights on, and on work days, I check at lights off in the morning before I leave.

It is what it is. Lesson learned. If anyone else uses those big metal Intermatic timers to control lights, make sure the tabs are tight once in a while.

Intermatic-timer-001-450.jpg

That's it, she's ruined. Throw her out and start over. In fact I'll take her and, um, bury her in the woods in my back yard. :riskybusiness:

That's what I was thinking... Kill her with fire, start all over again. :rofl:

Seriously though. These timers are expensive. I didn't expect this would/could happen. Could be a catastrophe if... you went to Kentucky for 11 days and relied on a plant sitter?

I'm more pissed at the GFCI receptacle. It's commercial grade. Paid $20 for it. It shouldn't have tripped. Now I'll worry about it. I have 3 other GFCI receptacles around the house and have never had to reset them after a flicker of power.

Day 59 Flip

I decided she was too close to finishing to mess around with the WayAhead. I wasn't sure how to flush the container the way I'm set up. Never thought I might need to do that.

So I gave her a Growth Energy feeding yesterday.

20ML GE
2ML Tea
3.75 gallons water

If all goes well, next she'll get 1/4 strength transplant water on day 65 (week 9 +2), then
GE on day 71 (week 10 +1)

Hoping she will finish somewhere between week 10 and 11.

She's really packing on the weight now. Has been for the last 5 days or so.
7-5_1_.jpg
7-5_2_.jpg
7-5_6_.jpg
7-5_4_.jpg
7-5_5_.jpg
7-5_3_.jpg

Heck, give 'er a WA foliar anyway. It's trace minerals and a foliar feed so it should do nothing but good for your stressed leaves. I'd do it with DeStress as soon as the pots dry a little and transpiration returns - when the leaves spike up.

Those buds have some fine potential to get even better. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

Heck, give 'er a WA foliar anyway. It's trace minerals and a foliar feed so it should do nothing but good for your stressed leaves. I'd do it with DeStress as soon as the pots dry a little and transpiration returns - when the leaves spike up.

Those buds have some fine potential to get even better. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

Doc had suggested to flush her real well with water, wait a day then spray the WA +Brix

I started to lose confidence in myself... lol Don't have any idea how I could flush my pot.

Her last watering was TransWater.

That would have put me finishing on water.

So the last 3-4 weeks of flower would have been water, water, GE, water

I probably over-thought the whole thing.

Day 59 Flip

I decided she was too close to finishing to mess around with the WayAhead. I wasn't sure how to flush the container the way I'm set up. Never thought I might need to do that.

So I gave her a Growth Energy feeding yesterday.

20ML GE
2ML Tea
3.75 gallons water

If all goes well, next she'll get 1/4 strength transplant water on day 65 (week 9 +2), then
GE on day 71 (week 10 +1)

Hoping she will finish somewhere between week 10 and 11.

She's really packing on the weight now. Has been for the last 5 days or so.
7-5_1_.jpg
7-5_2_.jpg
7-5_6_.jpg
7-5_4_.jpg
7-5_5_.jpg
7-5_3_.jpg

Grade AAA buds.

Day 48 Clones

Just a boring veg update.

They were ready for a drink today, so a dunk in straight water. Other than topping them once, I have done no training this time. I'm considering running them in flower Doc style. Running a screen over the plant was fun, but I'm not sure I want to keep doing the same thing over and over.

Should have a nice root ball when they are transplanted to the final container. 1.75 gallon pot, and the roots are already poking out the holes in the bottom. One of the clones will be transplanted into a 10 gallon fabric in my friends grow room next weekend (straight to flower), and the other will go another 2 weeks before being transplanted into a 20 gallon fabric pot (for 2 more weeks of veg) when my flower cabinet becomes available.

Clone 1
7-9_5_.jpg
7-9_4_.jpg

Clone 2
7-9_3_.jpg
7-9_2_.jpg
7-9_1_.jpg

I'm a little concerned about going another two weeks in that pot. :hmmmm: They're in some explosive growth right now. This weekend will be ideal for the one, but the other one will start to suffer in a week or so. I've run a lot of vegging plants in 1.5 gallon pots and they go flat fast when they run out of room.

If it has to be so, then plan on some close tending for that second week - some extra something or other - or maybe top one to slow it down a little? Clone#2 looks like you could take the two tallest tops off and it would even up the canopy nicely ... :hmmmm:

I'm a little concerned about going another two weeks in that pot. :hmmmm: They're in some explosive growth right now. This weekend will be ideal for the one, but the other one will start to suffer in a week or so. I've run a lot of vegging plants in 1.5 gallon pots and they go flat fast when they run out of room.

If it has to be so, then plan on some close tending for that second week - some extra something or other - or maybe top one to slow it down a little? Clone#2 looks like you could take the two tallest tops off and it would even up the canopy nicely ... :hmmmm:

I read your comment earlier this morning and chewed on it all day. I think what I'm gonna do is harvest the flower girl this coming Friday. That will be exactly 10 weeks. I'm sure she could go longer, but this has all been just a learning experience. Next time I will do an intermediate transplant to a 3 gallon pot to give me the extra time I need.

Thank you for keeping an eye out for me. The only disappointment I have is not figuring out what stressed her leaves. If it was heat related, wouldn't the leaves have flattened out after the additional airflow over the canopy and the slightly cooler temps I've been running? I changed from 77F to 75F

The only other thing I can think of is the LED. It's at 22". Maybe I should go 26"-28" next time? Humidity is rock steady at 50% day and night.

Hey there, do you think a water heater drain pan would help with your flushing problem in the future? I know you can't use one this time around but maybe next time if space allows. They have a drain plug with threads you could fit a small valve to, with a length of hose attached to that if necessary. Just a thought...

Hey there, do you think a water heater drain pan would help with your flushing problem in the future? I know you can't use one this time around but maybe next time if space allows. They have a drain plug with threads you could fit a small valve to, with a length of hose attached to that if necessary. Just a thought...

That's a great idea.

Flushing the soil must not be very common for Hi-Brix grows. I haven't come across a journal yet where a grower has flushed the pots.

I would have used a shop vac to suck the water out of the saucer, but there is literally no room to fit the hose between the pot and edge of the saucer. In the future, I may use a smaller pot. I went big because I hard heard rumors that the mid-bloom fade could be avoided with large pots. Now I know there is more to it than more soil. I plan on doing an autopsy on the root ball with pictures after harvest. I'm curious how much "room" there was left for roots. Perhaps a 10 gallon fabric would be easier to manage.

Thanks for stopping by...

That's a great idea.

Flushing the soil must not be very common for Hi-Brix grows. I haven't come across a journal yet where a grower has flushed the pots.

I would have used a shop vac to suck the water out of the saucer, but there is literally no room to fit the hose between the pot and edge of the saucer. In the future, I may use a smaller pot. I went big because I hard heard rumors that the mid-bloom fade could be avoided with large pots. Now I know there is more to it than more soil. I plan on doing an autopsy on the root ball with pictures after harvest. I'm curious how much "room" there was left for roots. Perhaps a 10 gallon fabric would be easier to manage.

Thanks for stopping by...

We kinda flush when we water with straight water and/or 1/4 Transplant. The only reason I suggested it in your case is because it looked a little salty and the soil energy went flat at some point.

Buds look fantastic. You'll be very happy with your produce and then just look forward to next run. It will get better and better.

We kinda flush when we water with straight water and/or 1/4 Transplant. The only reason I suggested it in your case is because it looked a little salty and the soil energy went flat at some point.

Buds look fantastic. You'll be very happy with your produce and then just look forward to next run. It will get better and better.

No doubt the buds have exceeded my expectations. I love to just sit and look at them and smell them. My favorite part of this grow was not having to concern myself with PH and TDS meters and testing runoff. Before I discovered the kit, I considered super soil. I didn't like the idea of having to deal with pests though.

There is a bit of a learning curve with the kit, but is still extremely easy to use. Kind of like working with the basics of bread. Water, flour, sugar, eggs, etc... Very simple ingredients that can be used in so many different ways, but still need to learn how they work together.

I sampled a little nug for the 4th. I washed it in plain water and let it dry for 4 days. I used fresh ground black pepper to see if it would help with the anxiety I get from smoking. It worked great. No paranoia. The high was very cerebral. So clean, it felt more like an alcohol buzz. And boy, did I get stupid... lol I couldn't focus on anything. That was after 3 hits from a bowl. The smoke was very smooth. Never came close to coughing. Cannot wait to sample it after the cure.

Back
Top Bottom