Mcloadie's Fourth Grow Journal

Re: Mcloadies fourth grow journal

I have a feeling that the soil is a might too hot for the bubba og, I'm seeing some signs on the leaves that look like nute burn....but....here ya go, this is how I look at things; they may be burning a tad now....but when the levels get to max that the plant will take, we will see phenomenal growth! My glass is all the way full, the world just constantly tries to suck it dry.........I must look like a giant vein to a vampire world!

wait ok hmm I guess im here now
Chronic Weekend to you Mc :thumb:

Good ta see ya chron!:thumb:Well, I got the power bill. I estimate that the whole 1200 watt rig and everything that's supporting the rooms is costing right at a hundred bucks a month......I am pleased, it will be more once I install the a/c. I'll be doing some work with some cuts as soon as the plants are big enough...........I like the excitement of the transition.....When one run comes down and the rush is on to get the space cleaned, any kind of maintenance, upgrades,changes.....and it needs to be done quickly!

Good weed everyone, my last harvest is in the final finishing stages of drying.....it's hours close to getting sealed. The final numbers are ok, considering what these plants went through. Final weight is 365 grams from 11 plants. Had the other 4 plants made It to harvest they would have yielded over a pound. While the gram per watt factor looms in my subconsience, my work is supporting myself and my patients. The quality is superb, it will be better in a month. My patients all understand the curing process, and they are content getting meds that aren't necessarily cured. The product that goes out of the large farms is rarely cured....unless you call sitting in a sealed 2 gallon ziplock til it goes out cured. The products are still high quality and the masses only cry out for more. The flowering box is running well, I'm going to pick up a second humidifier as I am still struggling to achieve what I call bare minimum humidity levels. If the box isn't at a minimum 40% rH, I feel like the plants won't grow as normally as possible.

Happy Sativaday MC :thumb:
main thing is your keeping your patients happy

yep, that's true chron! I have got my single cap'n bucket in the makin. I'll post pics when I get it finished, but I will tell you this cap'n, it pours the water through it....high volume/low pressure. I gotta figure out where to put this thing, I do have another crude room that I could veg in and put it under the 420watt induction light, and it should pass the ones in dirt that I'm vegging under the hps. THEN, about the time they are ready to flip I just carry the whole thing next door and finish it under the hps. I have some cuts that will be available to me in like a week........mexikush!!!

Good weed everyone, these plants....something is just not quite right......You'll see a higher rH reading on one of the hygrometers, this is because I dropped it in the runoff after watering...the one with the lower reading is accurate.
0011593.JPG
0021588.JPG
0031527.JPG
These are the bubba og's, I've got some leaf twisting, a leaf has some kind of damage.....all the plants just seem to lack that luster and vigor that I''m expecting! Those are the bubbas in the photo above also.
0041439.JPG
0051365.JPG
0061194.JPG
0071129.JPG
This is the setup for the grodan crouton trials. I'm putting a grommet in the bucket and the feed will come up from the pump to the ring. There are holes drilled around the low spot at the perimeter of the lid and it will drain and catch a huge amount of runoff.......I can put the garden hose in the pot and it drains into the bucket with no spillage.
0081036.JPG

Thanks rico, but as long as it has any green on it photosynthesis is happening. A common misconception s that leaves are takers, that the plant provides for the leaves. This is true...to an extent.....but on the whole, leaves are givers........and I don't remove leaves unless they just about fall off...........my last run didn't lose more than six leaves the entire four month run. I know it looks like crap but it's an indicator that something sucks. No forgiveness required sir, this is a learning campus....I want to know exactly what my peers see!

I understand your viewpoint Mc and I agree with you.

I know someone who also grows that strain :surf:

He pinches the leaves off at "random",

i.e. using his instinct and communication with the plants.

I have seen him do it on video.

Maybe the strain likes that.

Maybe that is the natural environment of the strain,

thats all I'm saying.

*stops clicking fingers*

:Namaste:

I comprende the logic behind leaf removal....I just don't subscribe to it.......you can still snap your fingers......

Leaves........do they love me more than I love them?
Let's remove some and see if it stunts my plants?
OH, it will stunt my plants...and I have no time to spare.....

Now is when you nod slowly and snap your fingers....I remember when the word "beatnik" was commonplace....growing up in cali in the sixties.............

There are many styles that will all give success, The theme for this grow came from my bro in cali; " top em and let em grow".

That's part of the lovliness of sharing genetics, you get to see what can be accomplished by anothers' touch........not better or worse, just anothers' touch. I just went and saw some of my genetics being grown by another yesterday.....they look totally different....loadie and I were amazed! What I want to see are the numbers on the scale when they come down. My last grow gave me very little research value due to the amount of stress that the plants experienced.........they went through too much.....and I had to nurse em back to some degree of health while they were in flower........it cost me.......every second of delay costs me. I am all about quality, but if there's not an acceptable amount of quantity....the work stops making sense. I could've purchased enough weed to supply MY needs for a year with what I spent on the new room....good weed too! But again, I'm supplying patients......and they have limited budgets.....so if I stop growing, they have to smoke brick weed...........at the same cost......when it comes down to it! My patients love me, and they don't do anything to jeopardize the relationship. The bills get paid.......the weed flows......we all smile.....and snap our fingers whilst nodding our heads slowly!

Always remember; The bud is like your house, and the leaves are your solar panels....the leaves on buds carry out very little photosynthesis.......the fans do all the work.......try an experiment; block a budsite with something.......and tell me if it still grows..........leaves are givers.......I let them fall off!

Plants look a tiny bit better after this mornings application, I'll just keep playing it by ear.....they have roots coming out of the bottom of the pots, seems a little soon....seems a little (a week) soon for me to be adding any nutrients also. It looks like a lockout, and the veins of the bubba OG are purpling on the undersides....ergo.....I gave em the calmag. Next application will be Epsom salts only as I'm using 50/50 r/o, tap water. I had good luck doing it last run..........my plants were getting deficient of everything at the very last moment....just before ugly touched the fruit!

I pinched that leaf off for ya rico............I wanted to see if it made me feel better...LOL.......I feel pretty much the same after doing it so it was obviously an ok move!

I pinched that leaf off for ya rico............I wanted to see if it made me feel better...LOL.......I feel pretty much the same after doing it so it was obviously an ok move!

:laughtwo:

I meant that the plant might feel better, not you, Mc :)

But if you still feel OK, then I guess that's a bonus :thumb:

:laughtwo:

I meant that the plant might feel better, not you, Mc :)

But if you still feel OK, then I guess that's a bonus :thumb:

The plant may or may not feel better.....but right now it's sending rna to an undesignated cell to designate it as a leaf meristem cell. The energy may or may not be being put to better use. I have never seen a plant grow faster by removing photosynthesizing material....just me. My formal education was very straightforward and I remember getting a dirty look for asking the professor to expound on co2 saturation rates........I must have been digressing from the subject. I just say that to say that my teachers have been very basic fundamentalist.....and the answers to these questions that seem so ill defined to the masses...seemed so simple to them!

When I get a hurtin plant like that I just leave it alone for a bit till it creates new growth to make up for the burns. Any green left is a solar panel of love still. 2 pennies of my thoughts , keep in mind my pennies might be worth less than yours lol

if im home yes ill try to keep up with the multiple posts :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom