Mcloadie's Fourth Grow Journal

Re: Mcloadies fourth grow journal

Hey mc subbed.

I hope they hook soon for you. You will get purple fan leave stems on some strains especially bubba og. if the main stalk is purple then you may have a problem.

what are they planted in?

:ciao:

Glad to have you back, Mac!

Hey mc subbed.

I hope they hook soon for you. You will get purple fan leave stems on some strains especially bubba og. if the main stalk is purple then you may have a problem.

what are they planted in?

Ya, the stalks are purple. This may be attributed to the fact that they are just getting a total functioning root system. In any case I gave em some Epsom this morning, and I'll go to 25% tap next watering and 50% after that. Actually they are growing in black gold soil. Harley has been getting good results with it, I have another friend who is using it also and I'm trying it. I saw clones and seeds started in it, so it's not as hot as the dr earth. It looks like a great soil......based completely on what I have seen with my eyes, I've never even looked at the ads. I have an idea that I'll end up top dressing with dr earth, and probably make some teas with it too....it's full of bacteria. Bro, those cuts were taken so soon cuz I got there early....all my fault, but trust me, they will hook up and grow nicely.

I Got most of the topfeed hardware today and I've decided to do a piggyback topfeed. I'm going to set a 5 gallon nursery pot on top of a 5 gallon bucket with lid. I'll drill holes all the way around the bucket lid so the nursery pot will drain right back into it and run a pump with a timer. I'll run two drippers and I can take res samples when the pump cycles. The pump will have the 1/4 inch line coming off it straight to the watering ring I made. I'll get pics up as this pre run develops.......If I do it quickly enough I just happen to know where there's a load of clones that are rooting....and I think I can get one! Hey sl1ing!!!!!where are you? I'll be honest and say that I only have very basic info on any of this stuff and probly imagine some of it in my mind....LOL. It will work....I'm certain!

What's shakin MC!

back on track!!!
:high-five:

wiw!

What's shakin MC!

back on track!!!
:high-five:

wiw!

They provided those toys that you had to put together when I was a kid, Lincoln logs, legoes, erection sets....shit like that, I'm gunna take advantage of that training and see if I can put this rig together so it catches the mouse when I'm done....LOL

I have two clones that droop every day at 4:15pm, has anyone ever heard of such a thing? No dramatic difference in any visible factors, when it happened yesterday the pot felt a little dry on the plant that was drooping, so I watered it....an hour later it was back up?

The same thing happens to me! Curious :passitleft:

The same thing happens to me! Curious :passitleft:

Yes aj, I'm watching ever so closely to see if I can gain some wisdom from this occurrence. Everything is fine this morning, I am finally getting the rH in acceptable parameters, the box is like just at 40% with the humidifier running wide open since I turned it on. I did notice on my hygrometers that I had a high of like 80% rH at some point in the dark period. What I will do......already did, is set the humidifier on the same timer as the blower, which stays on 15 minutes before and after lights off or on. The room is still running well overall, daytime iemps are between 70 and 75 degrees, and between 60 and 65 at night. This is with a small portable edenpure heater on the lowest setting. The edenpure is thermostatically controlled. I'm have some issues with the drip star emitters I got. They are gang emitters....1 gph, that hold 6...... 1/4" drip lines each. They screw on top of 1/2 inch pvc risers. I installed 1....1/4" line and tried to blow through the thing and I can't get air to flow in either direction, which tells me it aint workin...LOL. Any help would be appreciated. I have set a basic course of action for this run and it looks like the end of march is my projected harvest date. The bubba og are having a time getting used to their new pots, whilw they do have roots coming out of the drain holes, it's obvious that they aren't hooked up yet. I hoe the gsc doesn't take off and leave em in the dust, it complicates the shit out of my life when I have to start setting pots on makeshift items to get the canopies at the same height. These plants are now 24-30 inches from the twin 600 hps lights. These lights have bulbs that are only 2 months in service, by the end of this run they will be six months in service and will be replaced with new ones. I have a replacement for every component of this rig...with the exception of the 6" blower that cools the lights. I could borrow one in a pinch, but I will be getting a new one soon. I am always thinking of hooking up my co2 regulator and running it off a time with some careful calculations. The budget won't permit this upgrade presently, but very soon it will happen. I don't even have a monitor to check the co2 levels once I get the tank and have it on the timer. There are ways to calculate the output with the room size for the level of enrichment I want......and I'll need an exhaust fan hooked to a humistat. I'm still looking at the whole idea to decide what approach will best suit this space to get the results I'm after. I pray that everyone has a great day!

OK, here's a coupla shots of what I call a gang manifold.
0061191.JPG
0051361.JPG
This is basically what this drip will look like installed; the manifold will be on 1/2 inch pvc that goes through a port in the lid of the res and connects directly to the pump. I ordered vinyl 1/4" tubing that will be more flexible than the poly that is going from the manifold to the ring for the sake of these photos. The ring is simple and will have a series of holes melted through the lower side which will be toward the medium. This is a simple, effective configuration....LOL....in my eyes! The riser comes out of the center of the tray, about 2 and a half inches from the drain. The manifolds and the drains will be plumbed together respectively.
0041436.JPG
This little household humidifier really gets with it! I've gone through at least six humidifiers and none of em ever put out this much moisture on their best day! The room is getting humidified, it takes a while for everything in the room to get to an ambient level. Only after this happens will I be able to really dial it in, but it's at or very near absolute minimum levels now.
0031525.JPG
Bubba OG
0021584.JPG
GSC
0011590.JPG

Good morning looking great mcloadie,.

What brand/size is that humidifier, I still need one and plan on it this weekend.

It's a vicks heady...got it at walmart.......it just says filter free cool mist humidifier....for a medium size room, whatever that means. This is by far the best one I've had. In a pinch I have gone to thrift stores and picked up used ones for like 2 bucks each......just make sure to never get one that uses a filter...they suck!

Back
Top Bottom