Mcloadie's Fourth Grow Journal

Re: Mcloadies fourth grow journal

What I wish the world would do is take some formal classes on plant biology and physiology and there would be a lot less bullshit confusing the new growers.....it shouldn't take three years to learn how a damn plant works! Sorry, I just get tired of the erroneous....untrue crap I read on these journals.........tons of it......and it's not a matter of opinion!!!!!!!!

What I wish the world would do is take some formal classes on plant biology and physiology and there would be a lot less bullshit confusing the new growers.....it shouldn't take three years to learn how a damn plant works! Sorry, I just get tired of the erroneous....untrue crap I read on these journals.........tons of it......and it's not a matter of opinion!!!!!!!!
That's why you have the chalk in your hand at the black board Mack.

Good weed to everyone...! I'm making a tea and it's going like this lol; The plants got locked up to an extent from overwatering, not real bad, and they're drying out now. The GSC is growing rapidly, buuba is just getting a good hold. The bubba was less developed than the gsc...and was using less water, I tried to get away with watering them at the same interval, but with the gsc being overwatered, the bubba was wayyyy overwatered. So, I broke down and did some testing today. My r/o water had a ph of like 4.....I couldn't believe it! I blended in tap water and got it up to 6 and stopped. It reached 6 at a ratio of 2/3 r/o and 1/3 tap water. At this point the ppms were at like 80. Now, I have a tea bubbling, it consists of 1 cup of dr earth soil, a tbsp. of some stuff called genesis compound, it's like the mineral composition of hibrix stuff. I topped it of with 3/4 tbsp. of molasses to feed the mychos that are in the dr earth soil. I'll let it bubble til they need water again.

Just what everyone loves...Tea Time! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Dang that PH was low. What do you think made it that low? I hear about lowering PH all the time here, but not so much on increasing it. Curious, I am. :)

Ya canna, I've never even heard of the pH of water being so low. Well as for pH being low, when a nutrient solution has a low pH, it means that there is an abundance of nutrient. A plant uses water much more quickly than the nutrient, which accounts for the fact that by topping off a res, or adding more water to a solution will raise the pH. This factor is especially true for water that is alkaline, I just used the alkaline water as pH up, it also causes the tds to rise....as the alkaline water has an abundance of calcium, then I add the Epsom salts to amend the absence of magnesium. This takes the calmag out of the picture, sving me a little money, and giving me a degree of control, especially in controlling the ratios of calcium and magnesium. I've used calmag before, it was super slow acting.....and I didn't cut it off soon enough before harvest and I could taste it in the weed. My last harvest is absolutely the cleanest weed I ever grew, my timing when I cut the certain elements off was great!, the plants just wasted away and left me nice, dense, aromatic, clean, organic product.

GSC
0011599.JPG
0021596.JPG
Bubba OG
0031535.JPG
0041447.JPG
ballasts sharing shelf space with a diy co2 jug.
0051370.JPG
This is holmes, he keeps the atmosphere in the room balanced......
0071135.JPG
The convoluted plan
0081039.JPG
Storage and mission control.
009927.JPG
The lab.
0061199.JPG

I was just reading our daily paper and seen a article about 2 people blowing there kitchen up making the dumb stuff. If weed was legal here that crazy shit might stop.

ya, dumb asses...1, just for doing it, 2, for using flammable solvents! I would never advise anyone to do a laboratory procedure without the proper equipment and environment, and of course proper training and experience!

I'm thinking that vaping hash is about the best cannabis experience I've ever had. If anyone remembers the hash I make.......It's making for a nice way to turn trash into treasure! I give it to the patients as a little bonus to their regular meds! I just scrape it off into a powder-like consistency and proceed normally. One thing I'm always thinking about is the question as to am I getting all the goodness outta this weed or whatever before I dump the vaped material into my 420 jar. I'll learn exactly how to work it eventually, but it IS working fine now!

great start mcloadie,im sure ill have lots to learn from you're journal

great tip about the humidifier--that thing kicks ass

I bought my co2 bottle at harbor freight,with the discount coupon it was under 80 bucks,about 3 ft tall-not sure of the longevity,but I suspect a couple of grows--to fill it was 30 bucks,at the local brew store

Back
Top Bottom