MSquared's - Indoor - Soil - Multi Strain - 1800w - Perpetual

Re: MSquared's - Indoor/Soil - Multi Strain - 1800w - Perpetual

:thanks: A1! They are all doing well. I just flipped this cycle over to flower this weekend, so it is going to get pretty exciting.
There are plenty of journals that go into such great detail on here and provide a great avenue for learning. I am sure you will find a sytle that suits your needs and growing style :thumb:
Nice to see you stop by and thanks again.

:peace:

Always a pleasure to see nice plants :goodjob:

I want short and bushy since they are all mother plants.

BUT, I am taking one of the mother plants and throwing her outside to survive. What size pot should I use? Right now she is about 2 feet tall

Alaskan1 said:
Always a pleasure to see nice plants :goodjob:

I want short and bushy since they are all mother plants.

BUT, I am taking one of the mother plants and throwing her outside to survive. What size pot should I use? Right now she is about 2 feet tall

Hey there A1 even though I have not grown outside. I have seen everything from 5gal all the way to 20+, but most are right around 5gal. With mother nature on your side. I would go at least 8gal but thats just my 2 cents.

Hey guys and gals. Sorry I have been out of commision for a few days. I have strep throat, what an evil little virus that is...
Should be back and rolling with the updates in a day or so. I will get around to all my favorite stops as soon as I can.

Hey guys and gals. Sorry I have been out of commision for a few days. I have strep throat, what an evil little virus that is...
Should be back and rolling with the updates in a day or so. I will get around to all my favorite stops as soon as I can.

Evil stuff, strep throat. :smokin:

Take your time Buddy, we will be here. Healing thoughts coming you way.:love:

Been there a few times my friend...take care of yourself and get well quickly!

:Namaste:

Get well. We'll be here when you get back.

Evil stuff, strep throat. :smokin:

Take your time Buddy, we will be here. Healing thoughts coming you way.:love:

Been there a few times my friend...take care of yourself and get well quickly!

:Namaste:

:thanks: for all the well wishes! I am still weak from the fever(s), but I think the worst is behind me and I can actually swallow again. I should be back and bouncing around soon. The garden is doing well and needs my attention. :)

Hey there :420: ! Well I have some good news and some bad. The good is I feel much better and that nasty little virus has been beaten.
The bad is I had 2 males in flower... RB2 and IDK1 - 2 of my biggest and of course 2 of the pretiest. I cut them down as soon as I saw they were both loaded with pollen sacks. Bummer, I know. I also then had to cull their clones I had taken of them as well. There were 4 each.

I will do a flower update a little later today. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

So here is a quick update for everyone! ~FLR Update Info/Pics ~

I had mentioned above that 2 of my 7 in FLR were dudes. So I have 5 left in there now. 3 JHs and 2 SSHs. These have all grown to be beautiful plants. I can't wait to get farther into flower. I will be feeding them some tea tomorrow.

Here are some pics. JH1
2012-05-07_06-56-13_405.jpg

JH3
2012-05-07_06-56-27_713.jpg

JH2
2012-05-07_06-56-31_572.jpg

SSH1 & SSH2
2012-05-07_06-56-41_226.jpg

and lastly a group shot
2012-05-07_06-57-02_9.jpg

So they are all girls left in there thank goodness, having reg seeds blow, it takes so much extra time to weed them out to get to the 1 or 2 really lovely girls.

I will update veg tomorrow as I have a ton of plants in there. Now mind you probably half other than my clones will be dudes...
Thanks everyone!

Hey there :420: ! Well I have some good news and some bad. The good is I feel much better and that nasty little virus has been beaten.
The bad is I had 2 males in flower... RB2 and IDK1 - 2 of my biggest and of course 2 of the pretiest. I cut them down as soon as I saw they were both loaded with pollen sacks. Bummer, I know. I also then had to cull their clones I had taken of them as well. There were 4 each.

I will do a flower update a little later today. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

That's real good news MS! :cheer:

That's real bad news MS. :smokin::smokin:

I'll be looking for the flower up date. :high-five:

~ VEG Update Info/Pics ~

So as the 5 are doing well in Flr now, I am updating Veg. I have a lot of plants in here and I really should thin them out some, but just can't bring myself to do it {shrug}. I always say I cull it when I need the space, well I have been needing the space for a couple of weeks now... LOL.
I have 8 primary plants that were grown from seeds. I do not know the sex of any of them, which leads me to believe only 4 of these are going to be female so I want at least 12 to 16 to be ready in 4 weeks. I would really like some of the clones to do well that I know are female so with that said lets get to the pics.

Here is how I prep my 4g and 8g pots for transplanting. I first put in a garden fabric liner and then add my lava rocks (roots really seem to love finding those at the bottom of my pots.)
2012-04-29_21-13-13_778.jpg

2012-04-29_21-13-25_232.jpg

Here are the transplanted 8 - first up is ST1 to the far left, TB3 top left, IDK7 top right, VK lower left & TB4 lower right
2012-05-08_08-10-58_369.jpg

ST to the far right, RB upper & IDK6 lower
2012-05-08_08-11-08_124.jpg

Here is a couple of group shots of some of the little seedlings, these are all TMs, IDKs and STs
2012-05-08_08-09-59_195.jpg

2012-05-08_08-09-41_664.jpg

After reading a link by OMM regarding UBT topping, I am going to do this to the eight above and I am going to root the growing tips from these. I know I don't have the space, but I will make some. I am also going to take a few more cuttings off of a few that are in flower now. The cloning tray I use worked great last time and I will continue to us it.
*note to self - harden off clones before transplanting them from cloner. I think the recovery time will be quicker and far less stressful for them.

Thanks everyone for stopping by!

Hi MS.....Nice update! :bravo:

I really like how you prepare your pots. :morenutes:

Can't stand to cull eh? They may turn out well. Totally know the feeling. Some how, I'll find the room.

Amazing how healthy your girls look!

Glad your going to try UBT.....just makes sense to.

Take care my friend!:Namaste:

Bajesus! Look at all your progress!! =):circle-of-love:

That is some fantastic side-branching you are getting, I can't imagine how they will fill out.

Everything you do is always so fun to watch! I am very intrigued by your lava rocks at the bottom. When you harvest do you ever take pics of the rootball? I would love to see one =)

Also, I was wondering if you notice a substantial difference between the 4 and 8 gal pots? I have read from a couple places that a 3-5 gall pot doesn't really have much difference but I would love to give the roots more room to grow :Namaste:

Sorry for my absence but things have officially turned around now, I will be following for the rest of this and any in the future :love:

Hi MS.....Nice update! :bravo:

I really like how you prepare your pots. :morenutes:

Can't stand to cull eh? They may turn out well. Totally know the feeling. Some how, I'll find the room.

Amazing how healthy your girls look!

Glad your going to try UBT.....just makes sense to.

Take care my friend!:Namaste:

For some reason I have done that from the beginning. I didn’t want soil to leach out through the holes and didn’t want pests to climb up through them even I doubt that stops them. I also wanted something at the bottom that was one beneficial and two gave the roots something to cling to. Using lava rocks doesn’t add much weight either and they are forever reusable.
You know I have a real hard time with it. I always think that could be the one, LOL. Thanks, they are doing well and I don’t even miss the other 2!
I am excited to give UBT a go and GoldenGoose has a tutorial on cloning the tip, so I figured why not.
Thanks for always stopping by my friend :peace:

Bajesus! Look at all your progress!! =):circle-of-love:

That is some fantastic side-branching you are getting, I can't imagine how they will fill out.

Everything you do is always so fun to watch! I am very intrigued by your lava rocks at the bottom. When you harvest do you ever take pics of the rootball? I would love to see one =)

Also, I was wondering if you notice a substantial difference between the 4 and 8 gal pots? I have read from a couple places that a 3-5 gall pot doesn't really have much difference but I would love to give the roots more room to grow :Namaste:

Sorry for my absence but things have officially turned around now, I will be following for the rest of this and any in the future :love:

Why thank you MissBud, always so nice to see you around! :thumb:
I try to make it somewhat entertaining. I haven’t in some time, but I will as soon as I either transplant or harvest. The roots are always so integrated into the lava rocks that when I pick up the stem the roots pull the rocks right out of the bottom of the pot, well at least the healthy plants do. I then clean them and get them ready for the next pot. They are cheap too, I think 7lbs for $3.50 (I bought 4 bags a year or so ago and probably won't have to buy any ever again). Just look for the “grill rocks” at one of those large home improvement centers.

Pot size… yes I do notice a difference and if I had the space the larger would be the way to go all the time. The real difference is time, if I can allow just a couple of extra veg weeks then I notice the larger pots are the way to go. Also the larger the amount of soil, the larger the micro heard is to feed them and the larger you go you also have that much larger of a soil buffer as well. It really is a win-win if you give them the little bit extra time. Also, knowing that they are female doesn’t hurt either. I just culled 2 very big and beautiful males out of my flower room that were both in 8gal pots. The roots were the healthiest I have seen of any of my plants and it was just too bad they were male.

I am so happy to hear you are doing better and that things have turned around for you! :high-five:
I know I can’t count on you and you always have such great questions that I take for granted. You actually make me think (and yes that is a good thing most of the time :)).
:peace: MissBud!

Just read back a few pages and must say you got quite a nice assortment of strains.
I need to read up on your journal some more since I am in the process of building a perpetual
grow.

Thanks for the great journal Msquared

I do have some interesting ones that is for sure, :thanks:. I know you must be busy as we have not seen you around much. I am hoping it is going the way you want it to :thumb: I noticed you are going to stick with agent orange, is that still the case and when may we see that new jounal of yours??? courious minds want to know... LOL. It really is nice to see you.

It really is my pleasure! I just love growing so much and now with finding high brix it is has moved even a notch higher.

Sigh....yet another journal that I feel I must subscribe to lol....I'm late, and I have to admit, I don't want to go back and read the last 14 pages to get caught up...But I'm going to, because I like your style:high-five: It may take a few days, but I'll be here for the remainder if you don't mind a tag-along.
The grow looks good my friend, and I look forward to seeing your experience with the UBT method-I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with mine...:peace:

M, that just sucks man. I'm sorry to hear that but it's all part of growing and we have all been there. Lost 4 plants to the same thing so I feel your pain.

Back
Top Bottom