OldSkoool's CFL/LST Computer Box Bag Seed Show and Review

Thought I'd clarify what OMM was referring to about finding Wanda's momma.

I'd noticed some fast growing, but rather skinny new growth forming at the tops of the buds, most noticeably on the larger buds. In reading some other posts, I have BWC Bay Area to thank for the name of the strange growth I was witnessing, BWC Bay Area calling it 'foxtailing'.

I posted a question, along with some photos regarding this phenomenon in the Grow Room FAQ. The comments, and causes received in response varied from be happy to possible problems with humidity, heat, and, or nutes. Not having any known issues with any of these varibles, I was still....and remain a bit stumped.

But once I had a name, I googled 'sativa foxtailing'. The first hit was a seed supply company, Gypsy Nirvanas, advertising a strain known as GN - Foxtail Sativa, with a picture of a ripe bud, and description. Hope springs eternal as they say, so I posted the ad, and picture as a hopeful basis, and explanation of my own Wanda's linage.

Thus, OMM's encouraging words:thanks:

I was a bit rushed last night, unable to add these photos on the subject.

I have no doubt's that Wanda isn't the same strain as the offering from Gypsy Nirvana, but the similarities are encouraging. All the buds are very dense, and sticky as hell. The weight of the buds is now causing most of the stems to lean to the sides. I love it, a problem I can live with.

This is the ad photo, note the small, thin 'foxtail' growths protruding from the flower.

Foxtail-Sativa2.jpg

Wanda' secondary cola, and two similar growths starting to emerge on the lower right.

foxtailsC.JPG

foxtailsC1.JPG

Primary cola, sporting the new skinny top growth.

foxtai***.JPG

foxtai***1.JPG

Another smaller bud showing the same characteristics.

foxtailsE.JPG

foxtailsE1.JPG

Even the smaller, lower branch buds are getting with the program on a smaller scale.

foxtailsF.JPG

foxtailsF1.JPG

Hard to tell how fat the base of the main cola is, the bottom of the lighter shows where it starts.

foxtailsG.JPG

One thing for certain, it's going to be fun watching how these buds develop!

damn, one more time with the main cola, hate it when this happens.

foxtai***.JPG

foxtai***1.JPG

:hug::hug::hug:OldSkoool:hug::hug::hug: I'm in love with Wanda no matter what kindda shoots she's puttin' out. My goodness - look at those trichs!!! DRENCHED! LOVE IT!!! My mouth is watering and I have saliva on the screen! Lovies to ya honey!!!

Wanda is beautiful any way you look at her.:cheer::cheer:
Those are outrageous colas forming/formed.
I can smell her from here,:dreamy::dreamy::dreamy:

Thanks bud, when you only grow one at a time, ya always hope fur a purrty one:cheesygrinsmiley: Buds are getting fat, firm as hell, not all that big compared to some of the monster colas others have grown here, but I'm not complaining. A few are starting to bend over from the weight:cheer:

The only issue I sweat is mold. Especially for the dense growth of the lower branch nugs. They range from 2" to 3" long, and are packed together like sardines. RH really isn't a problem, around 60%, and the exhaust fan keeps a strong flow of air moving through the plant 24/7. Probably personal paranoia for fear of something screwing this grow up before I can harvest.

I don't know which I enjoy more, the sweet scent of a white, yellow throat Plumeria, or Wanda's dank skunky odor.

See ya tomorrow

I've had those foxtails all over my last sativa - I ended up pinching them and the buds got fatter. Looking sweet!!

:thanks:

How'd it smoke? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Don't know if I'll pinch 'em or not. Kinda like to see what kind of weird shapes they'll turn into:popcorn:

Thank for the tip, but I have to watch myself from now on, once I pinching, I just can't stop:roorrip:

:hug::hug::hug:OldSkoool:hug::hug::hug: I'm in love with Wanda no matter what kindda shoots she's puttin' out. My goodness - look at those trichs!!! DRENCHED! LOVE IT!!! My mouth is watering and I have saliva on the screen! Lovies to ya honey!!!

Hey Granny! Nothing like having a mutant hanging around, especially something as skanky as my sweet Wanda:cheesygrinsmiley:

Are those trich's insane!! And oh my, do they do the job:hippy:

Zelda, the Goddess of Bag Seed, certainly smiled on me this time.

I have to wear a bib when I groom her sweet limbs:ganjamon:

And best of luck to you, and alllll your lovely ladies!!

That's a beautiful looking plant, OldSkoool! I'm sure it will only get better from here.

Have to love the genetic variation we're seeing nowadays resulting from the decades of good breeding programs. You can pick out and keep growing your favorites, or have something new to sample every harvest. Just awesome.

If the gov't or big business ever got into this game big time, we'd simply see the quality and the variety drop drastically. The current US-sponsored medical growing is by all accounts bunk weed.

Kind of like the difference between Anheuser-Busch and the microbreweries. Would you rather have something brewed for 90 minutes in huge vats and then dumped in a can, or a Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, or countless other microbreweries available here and abroad?

Long live the breeders of fine cannabis. ;)

-TL

That's a beautiful looking plant, OldSkoool! I'm sure it will only get better from here.

Have to love the genetic variation we're seeing nowadays resulting from the decades of good breeding programs. You can pick out and keep growing your favorites, or have something new to sample every harvest. Just awesome.

If the gov't or big business ever got into this game big time, we'd simply see the quality and the variety drop drastically. The current US-sponsored medical growing is by all accounts bunk weed.

Kind of like the difference between Anheuser-Busch and the microbreweries. Would you rather have something brewed for 90 minutes in huge vats and then dumped in a can, or a Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, or countless other microbreweries available here and abroad?

Long live the breeders of fine cannabis. ;)

-TL

Thanks for the kind words, and dropping in on my micro grow Lurker!

I wish I could take credit for the genetics on this plant, but that would be way above my pay grade, but I know what your talking about. The beauty about cannabis is the fact that even with government programs, and the possibility of corporate involvement in producing commercial grows, we will still be free to develop our craft, and share information. Screw 'em I say.

I don't miss the Seattle rain, but I sure miss all the quality microbreweries in the area.

I know that feeling. Like Satchel Page said " Don't look back....Something might be gaining on you". :grinjoint:

I was thinking of your trials, and tribulations when I was typing that out. Of all the folks on the board, you sir, have had your share of issues. Thankfully, their in your rear view mirror now.

Couple of scheduled updates.

First, Wanda's 13th grow week photo record.

plantEOW13-11-18-09.JPG

And the first cuttings from Wanda II. Good news, neither died over night:cheesygrinsmiley:

clones11-18-09.JPG

I was thinking of your trials, and tribulations when I was typing that out. Of all the folks on the board, you sir, have had your share of issues. Thankfully, their in your rear view mirror now.

:amen:

Back
Top Bottom