Orphan Rescue - 1st Grow - Ghettoest Of The Ghetto

Very nice!

Congrats on the harvest, buddy :)

Got some nice looking buds there should be some good smoke, bro!

+reps for harvest, you've done a great job with the little lady!

P1190850.JPG

I love it!! :rofl: :high-five:

Seriously, I'm so glad to see this! Best feeling ever, right?

Grats on your harvest. Have some reps ;)

What are your plans for your next grow?

Hey everyone! after a couple of popcorn snatches (i just couldn't help myself) i decided to keep my mind off the sauce for a few days.
Took the buds out of the wires and into a jar for curing, the stems where all snaping with ease. Took one of the smaller buds out for testing, its very tasty and very potent, can't wait to try the cured buds. Total dry weight came in at 7.5g(counting the bud raids i did).
P1190873.JPG

P1190878.JPG

P1190881.JPG

In the meantime i started setting up my next grow, it will have it's own journal, but i think it's cool if i give you a sneak preview.

P1190870.JPG

P1190871.JPG

P1190874.JPG

What do you guys think? It's a rushed update, i will make a proper smoke report later on!

Did a budraid and found a seed! This strain refuses to die! That's a sign, a sign i need to give it a name and store any seeds i get to revisit this great smoke later on. I'm on some of it right now, really uplifting high, propensity to laugh at the cat and make grand plans... I think i may have a winner on my hands!

Glad to hear it's a good smoke... so fun smoking something you grew.

I feel like I'm getting away with something sneaky when I'm smoking my own stuff. :laughtwo:

I see you're going high tech next round. That will be fun to watch!

And grats on your free seed... sounds like it was meant to be ;)

wow i'm so jello of you! waiting game is so hard but looking at the smile under those masks and the way you speak so eager of your next grow...man this is def. worth the wait! congrats on great smoke bro! you deserve it for rescuing the orphan!!your foster home was loved by the seeds so they stuck around to be full time kids!!! cheers!

Hi everyone| i have one final update to make before i move on to the next journal. After that please feel free to post any questions or coments either on the thread or via PM. I will do my best to help you.

About the smoke, well... it's all gone now. I can tell you this, rubbing people's face in something they said you couldn't do ranks high up there in the guilty pleasure scale.

I did find a couple more seeds in there, 4 in total. I'm already thinking of trying my hand at a micro scale outdoor grow, so rest assured, the lineage will be kept alive.
That brings me to my next point, no use in preserving an unknown strain without giving it a name, so without further ad0 here it is.

P1190917.JPG

Ghetto labeling, i will do something better looking when i get my hands on a printer.

I put together the names of my 2 biggest suporters and mentors. I would have loved to fit everyone's name in there, but i had to choose and they just stood out a bit more. I hope everyone else who pitched in doesn't take this the wrong way, i love you all and without you none of this would have been possible.

To dresney and leaf, you can now say you have a strain named after you, it's my way of saying thanks.

Now for the good stuff, the smoke report. Due to the bad quality of street cannabis i really don't have a way to compare to other indoor grows. But what i can tell you is that it had much less of a couchlock effect than what i'm used to. More of a giggly schoolgirl effect, you know, the type of high that puts a thin layer of awesome on top of everything you do. The cure improved the flavour alot, way less harsh a smoke with a sort of sweet(literaly) taste i'm not sure comes from the strain or the cure process.

One of the reasons i went bigger with my next grow was seeing the positive effect it had on my girlfriend's back pain, that's when i knew it was a sucess and i wouldn't go back.

Glad to hear it's a good smoke... so fun smoking something you grew.

I feel like I'm getting away with something sneaky when I'm smoking my own stuff. :laughtwo:

I see you're going high tech next round. That will be fun to watch!

And grats on your free seed... sounds like it was meant to be ;)

I know what you mean, it's like there is a system that has been around for a long time and you are cheating that system, huge personal satisfaction and sense of acheivement!

wow i'm so jello of you! waiting game is so hard but looking at the smile under those masks and the way you speak so eager of your next grow...man this is def. worth the wait! congrats on great smoke bro! you deserve it for rescuing the orphan!!your foster home was loved by the seeds so they stuck around to be full time kids!!! cheers!

Thanks man, that really means alot! Don't think it was easy, in fact, after the harvest i went for quite a few mini-raids and had to just leave the house and go for a drive a couple of times to take my mind off the juice. It's haaaaard but absolutely worth it.

where can we find your new grow bro? love to watch your new hydro operation as i'm going to move to two or three dwc plants soon also! thanks and congrats to the cat for getting back in your graces...
here is a pic of mine being naughty nappin gout in the veg. nursery!
her name is scribbles!

cheers!:Namaste:

Hey mindcontrol! What's up brother?

I had a little snafu with my dwc bucket, i put the fan on too close, too soon, snapped my girl and she has been slipping away ever since.

I'm going to cut my losses and make one final upgrade before i try again, i should have everything going in about a week. I'll remember to take some pics.

:Namaste:

Scribbles looks super happy, gotta love a cat who thinks he owns the place!

awww man sorry to hear that bro!! defo. get some pic.'s up of what went wrong,always good to document (the good the bad and the ugly...!!! :rofl::laughtwo:)

so did she completely kick the bucket? ( pun intended )
no bringing her back? man, looked like it was the start ofyour next adventure however just a detour, keep your head up...i'm positive you are going to do some amazing things with the dwc hydro set up. you took that last one from the brink into great care...you put that love into it again and you will suprise yourself! Well I gotta admit i clipped a nice bud from the middle of one of my 8 plants in flower, super heady high so imma feed the ladies their last nutes before the harvest in few weeks! last call for nutes....:smokin::tokin::circle-of-love:
have a great one bro! keep us updated!

Poor thing was all shrivled(?) up this morning, so i removed the rockwhool and shut the closet down. You know when in a movie, a company goes bankrupt and the last thing you see is the crasftman shutting down the lights on the workshop? That's how it felt when the fans cosated to a halt, real dramatic moment. However, the reason i didn't do a restart yet is i'm getting a shed for my back yard, and i can fit the closet inside for the spring/summer. That gives me alot of headroom when it comes to noise, i will be able to run my fans on full blast, removing the need for an intake fan. Maybe i'll try my hand at LED's later on, it's on my bucket list (oh yeah, 2 can play that game).

heya Shin!

just read through your journal.. was very cool to watch the progression of your grow from being propped up by pizza boxes to something on another level :thumb: :goodjob:

you did a great job and had great support, awesome start to something great and i hope that you find your next grow safe and sound very soon.

i wasnt sure, but it seemed that your somango x widow died?? if so then im feeling for ya bro, somango x widow would be one tacky as hell flavour, i'm running a few somango x critical gurls at the moment.. beautiful strain- im now a big fan of the somango and am seriously considering getting a few of soma's pure mango beans for the bank.

let us know when you get a new journal up n running and i'll be sure to join the ride :)

better late than never- Alk /|\

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom