Ranger275 - Adventures in the 2nd Dimension

thanks sue,, that just seems so obvious when one thinks about it,, now i will be on the lookout for an aloe plant. i actually use honey,, i found that info a while back, while searching for alternatives to rooting powder. if i don't have to spend a dime, i don't. although honey is so expensive these days.

honey has natural anti bacterial agents and tastes great too, no worries licking the fingers after using. i have had limited, but enough success, so far, with honey,, not perfect though. i am looking into building a bubble cloner, tiny one, for two at a time,, i think that is the answer, maybe,, and a bit of h2o2 in there too maybe , all great info, thanks folks, cheers

i have also seen and read of folks that say that if you just stick the darn cutting in the ground, it will grow, can't kill em iffin ya try
I currently have a half dead clone that was growing lanky. I snipped off the top 8 inches, and stuck it in the pot.
That was a month ago. Now I have two scraggly clones in the pot. :)

I might have used rooting gel. I forget. I keep it handy, so I might have done a 5 second cut, scratch, dip and plant.
Rooting gel in tiny rockwool cubes under a dome works for me. 11 of 12 the only time I've cloned cannabis.

Wow.. I didn't know there were so many opinions about peroxide! When I started my first seedlings, I was reading everything I could find on this site and found a post about how H2O2 would prevent root rot in a soil grow like mine. (That's when I had to google what h2o2 was...lol) Anyway... once I transplanted my seedlings into their pots, I added it at 1 tsp/gallon every time I watered... nutes or no nutes, there was always the peroxide added. I don't know whether I would have gotten root rot had I NOT used it, but I didn't get it using it so we can draw our own conclusions from that. I will most likely use it again for this current grow since I saw no ill effects from using it in MY particular set-up the first time. We try to help each other...we advise, recommend, ask questions of each other, ponder answers, etc.. but in the end it's up to each of us to decide how we do our grows. I hope I can help people and pray I don't give anyone bum advice!
:Namaste:

Grow Hops EZ
Just a quick share for all you home-brewers out there. Did a design 2Y ago for a couple who are avid beer-brewers. He was dying to grow his own Hops, but she was worried. Hops are tall (up to 30'), and not only is he an avid brewer, he's an even more avid drinker. This combined w/an innate klutziness, made her want to keep him off ladders as much as possible. So, how do you get 30' growth and keep him off the ladder? This was my solution.
Hops (Humulus lupulus) are a perennial bine, so beds were carefully double-dug, heavily amended and then sheet-mulched to ensure long-lived fertility. Two 4x10' beds had 8 bines around 2 16' support poles each. This left a little space between each set of 4. Poles were set 2'-deep on a flat rock, back-filled w/gravel and had a 1"-hole drilled in the top.
To support the pole, take brown twine and knot it every 4-6" long enough to go from 1 corner, to the pole top and back down to the opposite corner (crochet hook helps). Stretch twine diagonally and tie to the side of the raised bed both ways. To support the bines, take 16 long pieces of twine and dye 4 blue, 4 green and 4 red leave the last 4 un-dyed. Tie one to the base of each bine and feed string through holes in a curli-cue up the support lines round and round to the top. As plants grow, train them up great-Aunt style. Come harvest-time they should have 30' of linear growth in only 15' of height. They don't shade each other, as once they've completed 1 revolution, they're in the Sun all day. Dyed strings are only necessary if you're running more than 1 strain per pole.
End result loox like a 15'-high, lime green, soft-serve ice cream cone! Beautiful and yielded hordes of of buds ready for the oast.
Hope you enjoy!

My specific praise was in a aero cloner or seedling tray period. Never said soil. I even mentioned in my opinion bad in hydro.
I'm not trying to cause a debate I'm just telling you this Ive been using it for oh 12 of my 17 years growing and a sterile clone or seedling going into whatever you choose is better than a non sterile one.

As previously stated they will adapt. In a aero cloner I'd prefer clonex and H2O2 over aloe Vera not that aloe Vera doesn't help when dipping into soil and such.

My specific praise was in a aero cloner or seedling tray period. Never said soil. I even mentioned in my opinion bad in hydro.
I'm not trying to cause a debate I'm just telling you this Ive been using it for oh 12 of my 17 years growing and a sterile clone or seedling going into whatever you choose is better than a non sterile one.

As previously stated they will adapt. In a aero cloner I'd prefer clonex and H2O2 over aloe Vera not that aloe Vera doesn't help when dipping into soil and such.

Dutty Panty

I've just been noticing your posts the last couple of weeks and am gaining a respect for what you say.

You did spark a debate! Something I saw as a healthy, informative debate.

I hope you didn't see anything in my post that was all at all disparaging of the choice of sterile vs living environments.
I, personally, am trying to live my life and my grow life in a way that aligns with nature, but that's a personal choice based on my spiritual values. I don't mean to ram those values down anyone's throat.

I am new enough to growing that I am just beginning to see that the difference between feeding the plants and feeding the soil
Informs several daily decisions. Just sorting things out for me and hopefully helping others sort them out.

Below are a part of our guidelines. I don't see that anyone in this thread has violated either the letter or the spirit of what's written.
"420 Magazine supports vigorous and spirited debate, please make your posts meaningful, civil and reasoned. Expletives are discouraged and subject to edit without notification. Please do not hijack topics or post duplicate messages. Our website is a place of learning and teaching; exclusively about Cannabis or Hemp related topics, which means any off topic posts and/or blogs will either be moved to the Off Topic Area or deleted."

Below is what I have personally seen all over our entire site.
"Our members are mature and serious about bringing the positive message of Hemp and Cannabis awareness to the world. We treat each other with dignity and respect. Our members are from all races, creeds, sexual preferences and nationalities. Contribute if you have something to say, read and learn if you do not."

I feel honored to know all of you and only regret that we don't all live a few miles apart so we could get together and actually share our harvests with each other! From the very first sprout I've considered my success OUR success... because I know for certain without my Road Dawgs on this site I'd have no harvest!
:love: all you guys & gals! :)

I now use a sterile environment and an aero type cloner, rooting gel, and clonex clone solution at the suggested application rate to root my cuttings. Then I'll transplant into Organic Living Soil. Last go was 9 for 9 on rooting clones yay. Before this method I had varying results rooting clones in the same cloner lol. :)

This site is awesome. So many ways to do the same thing. Open debate and discussion is always the best method for sharing what works for each person. Learn together, grow together :peace: :love:

Beateo, what I respect is how 420 allows us as a privilege to stray a little bit off-topic which creates strong community bonds amongst our fellow members. It's rare to find anywhere online with such a diverse group of people with only one thing in common (cannabis) that mesh together in such harmony.

Howdy Folks,
Re Posts#85, 86 & 90: Thank you, Gentlemen. I couldn't have said it better myself. Here, I like to think of myself as a happy Host, not a shepherd rounding up some sheep. I've been delighted at the depth and breadth of discussions, and would be much saddened if that were to change.
We all bring something to the table, and so far it's been quite a feast.

Ranger, Thank you. The discussions and the knowledge are truly amazing to me. There is no reason any of the discussions have to change brother! :) The maturity level shown and how well everyone gets along here is also a tribute to our sense of community... I love it!

Howdy Folks,
Re Posts#85, 86 & 90: Thank you, Gentlemen. I couldn't have said it better myself. Here, I like to think of myself as a happy Host, not a shepherd rounding up some sheep. I've been delighted at the depth and breadth of discussions, and would be much saddened if that were to change.
We all bring something to the table, and so far it's been quite a feast.

Beepy beep beep beep beep, this just in over the wire: Update on BloomDay4.
Happy Lady just keeps chugging right along.
Frontal2.JPG

She's almost 31"-tall, beautiful dark green color, AND popping out little flowers all over! Yay! Still not as thirsty as I'd expected, but I'm not going to over-water if she's doing ok. I almost wish something would go wrong so I could make use of my esteemed coterie (or maybe menagerie). Knox on wood.
I did have one interesting challenge. While most of the branching has been conveniently to both sides, naturally maintaining my 2D aspect, I did have one that wanted to go straight. Trained her off to one side and it looked all a mess. Figured she'd sort it out by morn. Lo & behold, come the sun, it looked as if she'd been born that way.
Leaf46.JPG

Flower226.JPG

IMG_026242.JPG

I guess the only real issues I'm having are technical. KrazyKelly has still not produced cord or Instruction Manual, and probably never will. Shots look ok on the little screen on the back, & turn out blurry. Very frustrating. Also wanted to include a pic of my hi-speed, lo-drag testing apparatus. Plz don't be jealous. It took years of dedicated study to master this complex machinery.
Testing_apparatus.JPG

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy weekend.
RLTW

it looks just like they do the apple orchards around here these days,, just like they do the vineyards almost. gotta be a reason they do it that way,, beauty leaves, gonna be great i know,, like the pipe too

P1140396.JPG

cheers back atcha

My heart skipped a little beat when I realized there was a new photo. :laughtwo: This is fascinating to watch.

Good Morning Everybody,
I'm so glad you enjoy my meanderings.
nivek: There are a couple reasons. Chief among them are penetration: sun, wind (to discourage mildew), and spray in non-organic farms. The other advantage is it's much easier to see fruit on trees trained this way. Fruit you can't find is fruit you can't sell. Thought you might like my pipe, when I saw yours on your thread. Sturdy little chalice.
Sweetsue: So glad to have you around. I've learned so much from your thread it's nice to re-pay the favor in some small measure.
MrTeddy: She was a spunky old gal. Never married, but quite the heart-breaker, loved to drink, loved to dance and party. According to Family Lore, made the Nazis sorry they ever heard of Lelle, but that's a story for another time. I think she'd be proud.
Thank you my Friends, you add to the joy.

Back
Top Bottom