Renegade's BID Tribute Grow - Multi Strain

LOL....just figured out how to multi quote....how long have I been coming here...LOL.

Happy SkunkDaze Playa Playa:)lol......I hope you are having a good weekend....of course lobbing some lead down range always lifts my spirits:)......i am watching the AN ph perfect series with you....i was thinking about trying them out once i am out of all mine but it doesnt look to promising right now:/

Yea, Green I can still hit the broad side of the barn from the inside. But the sound enough keeps the wolves away...LOL. Liam isn't the only one that has a certain set of skills...who the hell do you think thought guys like that them skills...LOL.

I wouldn't give up on the AN line just yet. I need to check myself to make sure there wasn't something I missed. But to tell you the truth I've been following their schedule to the "T". Except for upping the CAL/MAG because of the tip burn. Plus I am half way thru this latest batch and will have to order some more. Not gonna jump ship on the product just not going to rely solely on them. That was MY mistake... I still like the way it has kept my res clean and roots white compared to the last nutrients I used.

Damn them girls are getting big in there. But they do look nice, keep up the good work and keep an eye on that pH

Peyton, big is an under statement isn't it. Even with the PH issues they seem to still be stretching at about 1" or 2" every day. I may pull an all niter once the Gorilla gets here just to get them moved. Then I'll pull the arms out and away opening up the middle.

Looking great my friend! :)

Thanks for stopping by LA. I'm still here and still doing my day to day till the next big something...

So I was up just before lights out to spray the SSU. Checked the res and the PH was at 5.8. We are certainly going to be watching the levels very closely for the next couple days. Mid week put back will still be with full nutrients but I am going back to adding PH "UP" to make sure the PH doesn't drop like that anymore.

Tonight's gonna be fun. We are going to hit the Twins hard, starting from the top and working our way down. Like I said above, once the Gorilla gets here and the Twins are moved into their new home they will be pulled out and away from the center. I've got about 5-6 more weeks till they are done.

For those of you wondering the Twins are Ultimate Purple (center) and Blue Dream (top right). And yes, although just a distance memory Little Sister (Purple #1) still is just hanging out. No more than a skinny scrawny 3 node mess. I kind of wish I had moved UP from the center to Little Sister's position. Then UP and BD wouldn't be fighting for space. I think the out and away will help them but it is tight.

Don't use multi-pod systems unless you plan on spreading them out. And remember each hydro plant needs 2-3 gallons per.

Ok, so the outside temps are well within riding temps. My 2 wheeled therapy machine (VTX1300) is parked outside and waiting for her bath. Then we'll go get lost for a bit before the race. Vegas baby...

Thank you to all that stop (I see you Ms. Dennise...LOL, Triggle...) by with words of encouragement it helps the healing process. It doesn't hurt when I have company come by from time to time...LOL. Love my "Redheads"...schmeckt gute...LOL.

Pics tonight after defol....

Hell to the F'n YEA....GOD DAM that felt good. The bike ride of course...LOL.

Better hurry up Green. You need to put LB on that sled and get on over this way. Maybe I'll have a co-pilot by then...LOL.

Great, beautiful day to be on the bike.

Be back later after defol...

IMG_041926.JPG

IMG_041430.JPG

IMG_041528.JPG

IMG_041632.JPG

IMG_041733.JPG

IMG_041830.JPG

Obtw....PH came in at 6.1...

The trim has opened it up nicely, nice job.

It looks like you may be running tight on headroom if the stretch is not done yet. I am guessing that the tall gal is the Blue Dream, which is known for fast growth and long legs. How tall was it when you flipped to 12/12 and how tall is she now? I am considering growing some BD but height limitations may be an issue. Any thoughts or advice?

Nice trim job. Looks much more manageable.

Thanks Peyton, I thought you'd like it...LOL. You weed rapist...LOL. I was really hoping to wait till that 21 day mark before defol but she just needed some thinning out. And the final adjustment will be when the Gorilla arrives. Pulling out and away.

The trim has opened it up nicely, nice job.

It looks like you may be running tight on headroom if the stretch is not done yet. I am guessing that the tall gal is the Blue Dream, which is known for fast growth and long legs. How tall was it when you flipped to 12/12 and how tall is she now? I am considering growing some BD but height limitations may be an issue. Any thoughts or advice?

Hey Toke, I wasn't aware of BD's long legs but yes, that's her in the back. Don't remember her height when we flipped but they are at 23" with only 7" move to go before the LED. I got a few more inches out of the space when I removed the exhaust. Had to because they were within 2-3" of the LED.

My only suggestion would be to stick with a short plant for height limitations and/or confined space and even consider something like Fluxing. Although Fluxing is about double the time to harvest. You could also try your had at a scrog but even I found out that a scrog net should be about 12" from the res. You could at least control the height by keeping the arms below the scrog till you flip. Then let the shoots spring up from there. I'd check with the scrog guys to confirm.

I like the idea of the taller plant which is why I'm very anxious for the Gorilla to arrive. Nope still ain't here yet. But this week for sure (I hope...LOL).

PH came in at 6.3 at lights on.

I also put back a gallon of nutrients...yep, they needed it. No PH UP was added this time and I will just check it in the morning. PH was 5.8...

I wonder if the low res level was a reason for the drop in PH??? It doesn't make sense to me but what the hell do I know...lol.

Thought I'd stop by and see how things are doing...and boy, oh boy things are a poppin! :high-five: Your gurls are looking great, Renegadee. Nice defol...you can really see the buds now.

I haven't been on 420mag for a few weeks now. I finally started my 1st grow 15 days ago. I ordered 3 Blue Dream clones from a local dispensary and when the guy brought them to my house they looked half to three-quarters dead and didn't have any roots coming out of the rockwool. I thought...WTF...but I said...clones shouldn't look that way. He said that Blue Dream is soooo hard to clone and that he tried really hard, but not to worry, he wasn't intending on charging me for them and that he also was giving me 2 Purple Wreck clones free of charge. The PW looked a little better (taller, greener, but still no roots showing). Well, I took all them and thought I'd see if I could salvage 'em. I guess I must have learned a little something here at 420mag because I am confident that all of the BD and 1 of the PW will live! The other PW is barely hanging in there. Only 1 of the BD has nice long roots into the water. The other clones all have roots that you can see poking out of the rockwool (when looking thru the netcup), but they're not long enough to reach the water yet. Of course, the BD with roots in the water is the healthiest looking, but the other 2 BD are nice and solid green also. The PW is like a stick...just small short leaves off of a main stem. It's not really branching out or getting any bigger in diameter. If I could figure out how to post pictures, I wouldn't have to type so much!!

Anyway, it is certainly going to be a learning experience for me. I do have a question though...I am using FloraDuo A and B and CaliMagic, have a 10 gal reservoir and the Mars Hydro 144x3W Reflector Series LED. If the directions say to shoot for 800 ppm using 2tsp/gal of A and 2 tsp/gal of B, but then you also add 50ml of CaliMagic, the ppm ends up around 1100, not at 800. So, are you supposed to use less of A and B (maybe 1.5ml/gal) to compensate for the add'l ppm of the CaliMagic, or is it OK to be running 1100 ppm for my clones, instead of the 800 ppm recommended. They currently are between 8-11 in tall. Also, I am keeping my light about 12" from the top of the clones. Is that OK? All advice is appreciated.

Thanks for letting me highjack your thread for these questions Renegade. Or should I say Player Renegade? lol

OH god not you too...LOL.

Was about to hit the sack but wanted to ask some follow up questions. First, I don't have the experience with clones so I'm sure the SME's that are following me will chime in.

What kind of res? DWC? Drip System? How are the roots getting water for the ones that are not in the water yet?

Rock Wool scares me...LOL. That's why I don't use it. I use plugs. Plugs are more forgiving as long as they stay moist.

Obtw...where the hell have you been...LOL. Planning on making the trip out to see my brother outside of LA in then next couple months. He should be ready to plant or at least start his outside grows.

Ok, back to it...

I also don't have any experience with FloraDuo nutrients but believe it's GH right? So I pop'd over to their site. It's a very basic nutrient combo. And being basic I wouldn't be too worried about the fluxuation in PPM. 800-1100 in a 10 gal res should be ok.

I'll assume your going by their nutrient schedule right? Don't adjust because of the CaliMAGic. The CM may also be the reason for the spike in PPM. Next change out don't add the CM till after you measure the PPM and see what it comes in at. Short your 10 gallon by at least a gallon when you do. I say this because you should never add nutrients or supplements directly to the res. Mix your CM into that last gallon and then pour it in. Then measure again.

In the beginning I played with my nutrients and meters this way just so I know what to look for when I measure.

LED height...oh god...I asked that question many times but did get some solid feed back from the SME's. 12" seems a bit close to me for young plants. Dennise says 12-24 and even 3' till she's sure they are ready and even then I don't believe she gets much closer than that.

Ok, so we've started some shit now sit back and wait for the pro's to comment.

You are not hijacking my thread but we do need to get yours started. So that will be the next question?...LOL.

So very glad you've taken the plunge...it's gonna be fun and 420 is here to make sure you succeed.

In answer to your questions Renegade -

I have a DWC with top feed. The drippers are set to water/feed for 15 min every 5 hours during lights on. The drippers are adjustable from all of the way off to a full stream of water. I keep them at about 2 drops/sec. Of course the DWC bubbles all of the time. I have plugs, which I intend to use when I start my own seeds, but unfortunately, these clones came in rockwool. My reservoir probably holds 14-15 gal, but that would be all the way to the top. Ten to eleven gallons get the level to about 3/4 - 1 inch from the bottom of the netcups.

As to where I've been...primarily at home. In the middle of January, I started on the concentrated cannabis oil (RSO), which I learned how to make here at 420mag and around the same time I had bought a Fitbit (an activity/sleep/food tracker worn on the wrist). The combination of those 2 things finally got me off of my ass and I have started moving more. I'm now taking walks, riding my recumbent bike, doing some housework and going out running errands instead of laying around watching TV and surfing the net all day. The oil has really helped with my chronic pain and the Fitbit gives me the cold hard facts, which has inspired me to do more.

For the first week that I had the clones, I kept the light about 3 feet above them. They already looked kinda fried when I got them and I didn't want to fry them any further. The last 8 days, the light has been 12 in above the clones. They seem to like it. There are no signs of burning. All new growth is nice and green without any blemishes or burn marks. I'm just not sure about the "blending" of LEDs and the minimum height for that to occur.

Yes, I am going by FloraDuo's directions. When I started the grow, I had only used the FloraDuo A and B at 1 tsp/gal of each and the ppm was 486 using RO water. I forgot to add the CaliMagic until day 2 and didn't want to push the ppm too much so I only added 2.5ml/gal (25ml), which brought the ppm up to 686. On this past Sunday, which was my first time to change out the nutrients in the reservoir, I increased the FloraDuo A and B to 2 tsp/gal of each and gave the full dose of CaliMagic (5ml/gal). I also added 12.5ml of silica. I measured with just the RO water and a small amount of leftover nutrients (about 1/4" left in bottom of reservoir) and the ppm was 49. I then added the silica and then the CaliMagic and the ppm was 336. Finally after adding the nutes, the ppm was 1070. I'm just concerned that the clones may be too small for a ppm that high. If they say to shoot for a certain ppm, does that mean of just the main nutrients or of the main nutrients plus whatever else you might add in there? Questions, questions...

I have a DWC with top feed. The drippers are set to water/feed for 15 min every 5 hours during lights on. The drippers are adjustable from all of the way off to a full stream of water. I keep them at about 2 drops/sec. Of course the DWC bubbles all of the time. I have plugs, which I intend to use when I start my own seeds, but unfortunately, these clones came in rockwool. My reservoir probably holds 14-15 gal, but that would be all the way to the top. Ten to eleven gallons get the level to about 3/4 - 1 inch from the bottom of the netcups.

Yes, I am going by FloraDuo's directions. When I started the grow, I had only used the FloraDuo A and B at 1 tsp/gal of each and the ppm was 486 using RO water. I forgot to add the CaliMagic until day 2 and didn't want to push the ppm too much so I only added 2.5ml/gal (25ml), which brought the ppm up to 686. On this past Sunday, which was my first time to change out the nutrients in the reservoir, I increased the FloraDuo A and B to 2 tsp/gal of each and gave the full dose of CaliMagic (5ml/gal). I also added 12.5ml of silica. I measured with just the RO water and a small amount of leftover nutrients (about 1/4" left in bottom of reservoir) and the ppm was 49. I then added the silica and then the CaliMagic and the ppm was 336. Finally after adding the nutes, the ppm was 1070. I'm just concerned that the clones may be too small for a ppm that high. If they say to shoot for a certain ppm, does that mean of just the main nutrients or of the main nutrients plus whatever else you might add in there? Questions, questions...

Hell you don't need me...LOL. All the answers are in the right direction. So straight to your last question...they don't measure their PPM with all that added stuff we may put in there. And like me you are smart enough to measure at certain stages of adding nutrients...well done.

As always keep an eye on the gurls but I think your doing just fine.

As to where I've been...primarily at home. In the middle of January, I started on the concentrated cannabis oil (RSO), which I learned how to make here at 420mag and around the same time I had bought a Fitbit (an activity/sleep/food tracker worn on the wrist). The combination of those 2 things finally got me off of my ass and I have started moving more. I'm now taking walks, riding my recumbent bike, doing some housework and going out running errands instead of laying around watching TV and surfing the net all day. The oil has really helped with my chronic pain and the Fitbit gives me the cold hard facts, which has inspired me to do more.

For the first week that I had the clones, I kept the light about 3 feet above them. They already looked kinda fried when I got them and I didn't want to fry them any further. The last 8 days, the light has been 12 in above the clones. They seem to like it. There are no signs of burning. All new growth is nice and green without any blemishes or burn marks. I'm just not sure about the "blending" of LEDs and the minimum height for that to occur.

Hell you don't need me...LOL. All the answers are in the right direction. So straight to your last question...they don't measure their PPM with all that added stuff we may put in there. And like me you are smart enough to measure at certain stages of adding nutrients...well done.

As always keep an eye on the gurls but I think your doing just fine.

Happy Daze Renegade:).....you are doing some fine growing and defoling in here my friend:).....i hope all is well and beautiful in your neck of the state:)......if you dont mind i will jump in here for a second:)

Csprite:).....i run a top feed dwc as well....what i used to do up until recently was to veg them with the top feed on constant....and almost a steady stream in conjunction with an airstone......once i flipped them to 12/12 i would only have the airstone going and would disconnect the top feed.....i would end up with somewhat of a root structure in my media which is hydroton........i decided to leave the top feed on constant through the entire life of the girl in conjunction with the airstone......the first one i did it to had a massive root structure in the media which kept her solid plus a massive root system in the bucket.....between my new light i was using and leaving the top feed on constant i broke my single plant record by about 3 oz:).......from now on the top feed will always be on constant:)
other than that rock on:) and keepem green:)

My brother....yes of course you may...DUH...LOL.

I do the same with my res. Except I guess it's not consider top feed. I have hose's directly inside the pod and it touches the plug directly. And yes, I have kept and keep it on with a constant drip.

It worked well for pop'n the seeds and didn't want to change it up. So by accident I guess I was following that same method. Although I don't have a mass of any kind in the pod. It just helped keep the plug moist.

The plant thrived...

I am considering a top feed because I want to get 2 single 2-3 gallon buckets inside my tent and run 1 plant per. Taking suggestions on 2-5 gallon alternatives... Must be hydro and must be both top/side feed and DWC.

Next grow I'm considering going for height which means some side LED bars are in order...LOL. Look at me...LOL.

About to take the bike out for a spin...yea, I'm teasing...LOL.

Csprite:).....i run a top feed dwc as well....what i used to do up until recently was to veg them with the top feed on constant....and almost a steady stream in conjunction with an airstone......once i flipped them to 12/12 i would only have the airstone going and would disconnect the top feed.....i would end up with somewhat of a root structure in my media which is hydroton........i decided to leave the top feed on constant through the entire life of the girl in conjunction with the airstone......the first one i did it to had a massive root structure in the media which kept her solid plus a massive root system in the bucket.....between my new light i was using and leaving the top feed on constant i broke my single plant record by about 3 oz:).......from now on the top feed will always be on constant:)
other than that rock on:) and keepem green:)

Thank you for the advice Green Dreamz (and Renegade). I am going to go take the top feed off of the timer and let it run 24/7. Hopefully that will help the other clones develop a longer root structure. This root issue is driving me crazy!

I am also interested in single buckets. I think it would be easier to change out the res and growing different strains with different nute requirements wouldn't be an issue. I just did my first reservoir change this past Sunday and trying to hold the lid of the res up while emptying/cleaning out the res wasn't that easy (at least for me!) and my plants are still small. I kept thinking that it's going to be 10 times harder when the plants are fully grown and that much heavier.

What is up my brother from the mountains:)....nice day to take the bike out;).....i went out yesterday by myself and the better half rode with me last week sometime:)....that was a beautiful ride:)....
Single DWC buckets are way easier then multiple plants.....i used to grow in a 40 or 50 quart cooler.....had two Melon Gums in there.....one was sickly and the other was great looking but i didnt know what to do with both being in there.....so one suffered the entire grow and the ohter did fine other than being small...i maybe pulled 2 ounces between the both of them:/.....i use the general hydro water farms.....which are a 4 gallon bucket with a 2 gallon square net pot......the resevoir holds abotu 2 gallons of water......they will grow a half pounder as that is my best yet......and i plan on getting a pound at some point....from the 4 gallon bucket:).......i bought 2 complete setups for around 60 a piece but went on fleebay and found the 4 gallon square buckets that were food grade....used of course......and bought 5 buckets for about 40 bucks shipped......then i bought the net pots seperate for about 20 a piece.....then just ordered the fittings off an online hydro shop for the level indicator hose and ta da:)....crap....i forgot.....if you wnat top feed then you need to also purchase a drip ring kit.....i think it was abotu 10 or 11 bucks a piece for them.......so for about 30-35 dollars you can make your own...can probably do it cheaper with round buckets but i like the square ones myself....no particular reason:)....just like them better:)....but any shape DWC will work:)

Thank you for the advice Green Dreamz (and Renegade). I am going to go take the top feed off of the timer and let it run 24/7. Hopefully that will help the other clones develop a longer root structure. This root issue is driving me crazy!

I am also interested in single buckets. I think it would be easier to change out the res and growing different strains with different nute requirements wouldn't be an issue. I just did my first reservoir change this past Sunday and trying to hold the lid of the res up while emptying/cleaning out the res wasn't that easy (at least for me!) and my plants are still small. I kept thinking that it's going to be 10 times harder when the plants are fully grown and that much heavier.

I'm hoping that some clone SME's chime in here cause I just don't have the experience to help you. Wouldn't know if water is a problem or humidity. The only reason I say humidity is because I do know that early clippings need a higher RH level. Not sure at what point it's ok to let it drop to normal.

What is up my brother from the mountains:)....nice day to take the bike out;).....i went out yesterday by myself and the better half rode with me last week sometime:)....that was a beautiful ride:)....
Single DWC buckets are way easier then multiple plants.....i used to grow in a 40 or 50 quart cooler.....had two Melon Gums in there.....one was sickly and the other was great looking but i didnt know what to do with both being in there.....so one suffered the entire grow and the ohter did fine other than being small...i maybe pulled 2 ounces between the both of them:/.....i use the general hydro water farms.....which are a 4 gallon bucket with a 2 gallon square net pot......the resevoir holds abotu 2 gallons of water......they will grow a half pounder as that is my best yet......and i plan on getting a pound at some point....from the 4 gallon bucket:).......i bought 2 complete setups for around 60 a piece but went on fleebay and found the 4 gallon square buckets that were food grade....used of course......and bought 5 buckets for about 40 bucks shipped......then i bought the net pots seperate for about 20 a piece.....then just ordered the fittings off an online hydro shop for the level indicator hose and ta da:)....crap....i forgot.....if you wnat top feed then you need to also purchase a drip ring kit.....i think it was abotu 10 or 11 bucks a piece for them.......so for about 30-35 dollars you can make your own...can probably do it cheaper with round buckets but i like the square ones myself....no particular reason:)....just like them better:)....but any shape DWC will work:)

As far as single buckets...like Green says above it's a better way to go. Hell you could go to Homies or even my favorite samich shop and by them for 5 bucks each. You know the one...founded by those guys that put out fires...LOL.

So now I'm off to price out the other pieces...LOL.

PH came in at 6.3 at lights on.

I also put back a gallon of nutrients...yep, they needed it. No PH UP was added this time and I will just check it in the morning. PH was 5.8...

I wonder if the low res level was a reason for the drop in PH??? It doesn't make sense to me but what the hell do I know...lol.

When the ppm raise and the pH raises your plants are drinking more water than nutrients and you should slightly reduce your nutrients. When the ppm lowers and your pH lowers your plants are drinking more water than nutrients and you should increase your nutrient strength slightly. I also use a small 18 gallon storage tote as a water top up reservoir to add back water into my Aeroponic Grow System. The 18 gallon storage tote is connected to the 25 gallon reservoir that has a float that opens when the main reservoir level drops and adds back water to the nutrient solution balancing the ppm and pH of the nutrient solution.

Cannabis plants grown under LED light panels use less nutrients but more calcium and magnesium than cannabis plants grown under High Pressure Sodium lights. I would use the CaliMagic at full strength and reduce the nutrients to 3/4 recommended dosage. 1100 ppm would be very high for newly rooted clones.

Here is everything you should need to know to post full size photographs

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

When the ppm raise and the pH raises your plants are drinking more water than nutrients and you should slightly reduce your nutrients. When the ppm lowers and your pH lowers your plants are drinking more water than nutrients and you should increase your nutrient strength slightly. I also use a small 18 gallon storage tote as a water top up reservoir to add back water into my Aeroponic Grow System. The 18 gallon storage tote is connected to the 25 gallon reservoir that has a float that opens when the main reservoir level drops and adds back water to the nutrient solution balancing the ppm and pH of the nutrient solution.

Invaluable King...thanks. I will be upping the nutrients next full change out.

Here's the readings the last couple days...and yes, it has been dropping steadily...

07 Mar 15, Saturday, day 51, week 6 day 1 of 12/12, week 3 day 1 of bloom...
Evening readings...
Air: 84
RH: 56
PH: 5.4
PPM: 143x
Res Temp: 74

Res PH came in at 5.4. Added 6ml of up which brought it up to 5.6.

08 Mar 15, Sunday, day 52, week 6 day 2 of 12/12, week 3 day 2 of bloom...
Morning readings...
Air: 81
RH: 51
PH: 5.8
PPM: 143x
Res Temp: 74

PH is 5.8. Will check again tonight at lights on. Snow Storm Ultra sprayed...
Evening readings...
RH: 55
PH: 6.1

09 Mar 15, Monday, day 53, week 6 day 3 of 12/12, week 3 day 3 of bloom...
Morning readings...
Air: 81
RH: 54
PH: 6.3

09 Mar 15, Monday, day 53, week 6 day 3 of 12/12, week 3 day 3 of bloom...
Evening readings...
RH: 55
PH: 6.3

Added 1 gallon of put back nutrients. PH was 5.8.

10 Mar 15, Tuesday, day 54, week 6 day 4 of 12/12, week 3 day 4 of bloom...
Morning readings...
Air: 82
RH: 51
PH: 6.2

Evening readings...
Air: 75-84
RH: 42-63
PH: 5.9

11 Mar 15, Wednesday, day 55, week 6 day 5 of 12/12, week 3 day 5 of bloom...
RH: 52
PH: 5.6

Back
Top Bottom