Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

re: Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

The tents have arrived!!!

I got a 2’ X 4’ for bloom and a 22” X 36” for veg. Everyone has now moved into their new homes. Even though the 2X4 tent is for bloom, I build that one first and hung up both LEDs and am veging there.

Now that I have the tent I may go into flowering fairly soon. I don’t expect to get a huge harvest of this grow as much as getting an idea of what level of quality I can expect with this media. I also want to end this grow based on the feeling that my mix is not correct (it’s about 60-65% perlite, it should be 85-90% perlite.) This makes a difference which results in faster growth with the higher perlite model. On the flip side, this would also result is more aggressive feeding necessary later in life which could be a pain.

The New Home!
IMG_107419.JPG

IMG_107625.JPG

Baby Auto Dark Devil
IMG_109020.JPG

Blue Widow
IMG_108723.JPG

IMG_108517.JPG

I will probably flip with in the next few days. Except for auto dark devil, she stays in veg for the duration of her life.

Thanks for stopping by!

Yaaa, more hempy! I just flipped 2 Aug. Up 12 inches already. Just had to try it after watching Gov's grows, and I picked up some good info from him, lurking' in the shadows.

I went 5 gal coco with chunky perlite up to the drain hole, not those little piss ant 3.5's lol. Good luck, and glad to see more hemp!

Oops I lied, it is up 15 inches since flip.

You're straight welcome!! I think your yield will be impressive!! :volcano-smiley:

That LST really opens those plants up nicely to get that light penetration! Do you top your plants??

Looking good man. I'm also in the concept phase of setting up a separate veg area myself. Still not sure, but I can either do a good bit of work and enclose the closet, or listen to my laziness and get a veg tent. Meh, I'm still a ways from that.

Watered and fed Baby Auto Dark Devil PH=6.1, EC=655, TDS=327.

Temp=73 RH=31%

I am not sure why, but aside from doing exceptionally well, blue widow has a deeper, richer color green than the other 2 ladies. Blue Widow also shows much better adaptability and growth rate than bubba-cheese. The difference between the two clones is clearly visible.

Baby ADD is doing fine; moving along into planthood. Working on her third node now.
IMG_094322.JPG

Luscious Lady Blue Widow showing off her natural gifts
IMG_094422.JPG

IMG_094525.JPG

IMG_094621.JPG

IMG_094723.JPG

Bubba-Cheese...
IMG_094826.JPG

IMG_094928.JPG

I'd say work smart, not hard. The tent is meant for this. IMHO.

Looking good man. I'm also in the concept phase of setting up a separate veg area myself. Still not sure, but I can either do a good bit of work and enclose the closet, or listen to my laziness and get a veg tent. Meh, I'm still a ways from that.

Yes Scottay! (I like saying that) LST does help a lot. LST is in my opinion a given for my grows which are all indoors. If you want an even canopy, or as close to even as possible you have to at least LST. Unless you're supercroping of course but I dont do that.

These two were clones so I did not top them. and the baby is an automatic so no topping her either. I am going with LST all the way on these and the auto when her time comes. So this time around, no topping. Next round when I start from seed I will most likely top early and follow up with LST.

That LST really opens those plants up nicely to get that light penetration! Do you top your plants??

Watered and fed all plants.

Coco never dries. This is what I am hearing.

So, everyone was fed today and I am leaving the water in the reservoir. No more draining the reservoir right after watering. I have been told (and please confirm if you agree or not) that coco is to be treated like hydro and watered to runoff every other day or so. Even if it is not dry. So, I will follow advise and try this. Let’s see how the ladies respond.

Each clone took a gallon of water to produce run off.

Feed consisted of A/N coco grow A+B at 10ml/gal each and nothing else for the clones. Baby ADD's feed was the same but only 4ml/Gal (baby dose)

Metrics for Blue Widow water/feed: PH=5.83, EC=1409, TDS=705ppm
Metrics for Bubba-Cheese water/feed: PH=5.9, EC=1471, TDS=737ppm
Metrics for Baby ADD water/feed: PH=6.01 EC=721, TDS=635ppm

Both containers weighed in at 19Lbs each freshly watered.

In the grow area: Temp=74, RH=33%.

Everyone is looking happy and healthy.

I am starting to spec out a CO2/temp/Humidity control system for the bloom tent. I am just looking for the basic logic: Fill space to 1500ppm CO2, check temp/RH, if either is too high, turn off CO2 and turn on exhaust fan other wise keep CO2 at 1500ppm, Once temp/RH are back in acceptable range, turn off fan and turn on CO2 and run to 1500PPM. The standard grow logic to keep all environmental metrics under control inside the bloom tent.

Titan controls Kronus 2 and 4 look like they would do the job. But any advice around this topic that you could spare would be appreciated. This is my first dabble into CO2, I have never added CO2 to any of my grows in the past but it's about good time to grow up. Pun intended. Next investment will be the Carbon filter/inline fan/duct setup, the CO2 setup and the device which controls all of this.

Oh-oh... don't look now, but I think baby auto dark devil is a mutant.

It is going tri-node. Normal cannabis plants that start from seed have 2 leaves per node, opposite to each other until more mature when they go single leaf per node. Clones usually already have single leaf nodes like the ones I got. This auto flower is moving onto 3 leaves per node in a triangular pattern. It was a free seed so I didn't loose anything but it is not what I would have wanted. I will let her live out her life and see what comes of it. Should be interesting. See for yourself.

IMG_114119.JPG

IMG_114016.JPG

IMG_113914.JPG

IMG_113820.JPG

That new node you see just starting to form is a tri-node and also her fourth node from seed. I just noticed this a few minutes ago.. lets see what it ends up looking like.

Yes, once they get a few weeks on'em, you don't want to drain their reservoir. They'll do it soon enough. ;)

Watered and fed everyone today. (Skipped yesterday)

They required considerably less water today to produce a healthy runoff. The large ones only took 1/2 gallon of water each and baby was happy with less than 1/4 gallon.

Things continue to move forward in the tent.

Here are the ladies this morning. I got some shots in regular light too while I was watering.

Blue Widow

IMG_117419.JPG

IMG_117525.JPG

IMG_117623.JPG

Bubba-Cheese

IMG_118021.JPG

IMG_118117.JPG

IMG_118222.JPG

And of course, teenage mutant ninja auto-flower... baby Auto Dark Devil.

IMG_116917.JPG

IMG_116821.JPG

IMG_116722.JPG

IMG_116623.JPG

Thank you sir shottafire!

Today I did something I should have done from day one.

I went out and got 5 gallons of distilled water. Came home, threw out what was left in the bubbling bucket where I keep my water and rinsed it out good. Then I filled it up with my 5 gal of distilled water. PH of distilled out of the gallon was 8, EC and TDS were both 1.

I added the appropriate amount of nutes to the bubbling bucket and let it sit there bubbling away. After it had a few minutes to mix in, i took new metrics. PH=5.4, EC=1595, TDS=794. PH will go up by the time I have to feed again. I will check and adjust PH before feeding if needed. This is that PH perfect stuff from A/N. Not that I care much if I have to adjust it but I am starting with distilled water and following directions so it would be nice if it does what it says it does. We'll see when feeding time comes. I am looking for that PH not to need adjusting but even then I will always check.

From now on until I get an RO unit, distilled water it is.

Back
Top Bottom