Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

re: Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

I found RO water at my local big chain grocery store for $0.39/gal if I supply the reusable container. TDS @ 20 and pH 6.0 if I recall. It's about 50% of the cost of the distilled water they had. I just wanted to throw it out there. It might be worth a look. I hate the thought of buying water, lol.

/Obi

Thanks Obi. Certainly worth looking into.

I have been buying distilled and some R/O water. Our Small Town is notorious for hard water and I didn't want a nutrient imbalance because of it. I thinks this is one advantage of keeping a small closet grow is that concerns like this aren't as big financially...it's always a balancing act with decisions.

Thank you Pitbull72!

Good morning 420Mag!

Everyone is doing great!

How about some pictures of this mutant autoflower to start the day.

IMG_122520.JPG

IMG_122128.JPG

Its a siamese leaf!
IMG_122225.JPG

Have you ever seen a leaf like that? Its like one leaf trying to be 2 but changing its mind almost all the way there. My thoughts of getting any bud out of this automatic are out the window and now I just want to see what she will end up looking like more than anything. Her nodes are super tight! I love that. The bad side of this is the possibility of it going hermie. So, gotta keep a good eye on her as she grows. Once that veg lamp arrives I will move her into the small veg tent.

This weekend I have budgeted for some more shopping. Items on my list:

CO2/Temp/RH controller (controls CO2 and exhaust fan)
CO2 tank and all the regulator valve/fittings
Inline fan & speed controller
Carbon filter
Flexible ducting

I am also going to pick up some things to prepare for next round such as more perlite and some 2Gal smart pots as I want to try the smarpot version of the hempy. I am also thinking for the last few days what to grow next. I think I will do my Strawberry Diesel and Tangilope. Stay tuned for that journal when the time comes.

Flowering should be able to start this weekend for Blue Widow and Bubba-Cheese once I set up all of the above goodies.

Thanks for stopping by!

Damn, you go boi!

Funny because I'm doing some of the same stuff right now. And that leaf?! no clue there, but it looks healthy...rock on man.

Love that Siamese leaf auto! I'll bet it flowers just fine...can't wait to see more.

I am also going to pick up some things to prepare for next round such as more perlite and some 2Gal smart pots as I want to try the smarpot version of the hempy. I am also thinking for the last few days what to grow next. I think I will do my Strawberry Diesel and Tangilope. Stay tuned for that journal when the time comes.

Flowering should be able to start this weekend for Blue Widow and Bubba-Cheese once I set up all of the above goodies.

I too am sorting out the next grow, just waiting on my first pay...Keeping track of your flowering phase and looking forward to your next grow!

Lol its a mutant!

This dude Miwa who used to be on the forums a bunch was notorious for growing mutant plants. Seemed every other plant of his was a hermie, or grew strange leaves or had a stalk that was 3 in one. Never seen a siamese leaf though till now.

This is my first mutant. We'll see what other surprises she has for us.

Lol its a mutant!

This dude Miwa who used to be on the forums a bunch was notorious for growing mutant plants. Seemed every other plant of his was a hermie, or grew strange leaves or had a stalk that was 3 in one. Never seen a siamese leaf though till now.

As long as they are happy, I am happy.

Thanks for stopping by!

Girls look like their healthy :)

So... Today is a very special day for me. For the first time in my life I now own all of the necessary equipment to provide an ideal environment for my girls. By that I mean the CO2, the temp/CO2/humidity controller, the carbon filter and exhaust fan and tubing, etc. The whole nine yards!! I'd gotten as far as the tent and the carbon filter and exhaust fan before in my last grow but never CO2 or a digital environment controller. As you can imagine, I am just a little bit excited and eager to set everything up.

Now that this is here, I feel more comfortable getting into flowering. Which will begin as soon as everything is set up and tested.

Here are some pictures of how its coming along. This is going to be one tricked-out 2x4 tent!!

IMG_125913.JPG

IMG_126115.JPG

IMG_125713.JPG

So... Today is a very special day for me. For the first time in my life I now own all of the necessary equipment to provide an ideal environment for my girls...As you can imagine, I am just a little bit excited and eager to set everything up.

:bravo: Absolutely Fabulous :bravo: I would be green with envy if I had more room! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you Catman12!

I am quickly realizing the challenges of balancing temperature and CO2 in a small, enclosed tent.

Precise and accurate temperature control is likely the most important parameter for a successful grow. It was also my biggest fear when I stepped into the pool. lol, I ran dry for a week as I tweaked, McGyvered, and tested everything BUT photosynthesis.

OK guys, I need some help.

Normal grow temperatures are from 65-80*F with 75*F or so being ideal under fresh air (300PPM or so CO2). However, one post here claims ideal growth with 1500PPM CO2 is in the 90-95*F range. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, reading up on CO2 a lot of people seem to say that it helps only during the vegetative stage. But that does not make sense to me. CO2 is necessary for photosynthesis, which continues during flowering. So how can CO2 supplementation not help during flowering? Guess I will find out one way or another.

I agree. Temp is key. Problem is when you close the tent up with the lights on and no ventilation, the tent gets HOT! Once I saw that temperature climbing like that I panicked and opened the tent and shut the entire system down until I can figure out the temperature situation. . I have a fan inside the tent and also outside the tent pointing at the walls inside the tent above the modest canopy so the temp went back to mid seventies again right away.

This poses a problem, how to keep the area cool and supplemented with CO2? When I put the controller on and by the time i zip up the tent, its already 81*F and climbing fast and the controller is set to begin cooling (which I use to power the exhaust fan) at 80*F so immediately when everything comes on the exhaust turns on right away and never shuts off. No CO2 is going to stay in that tent for any time. I could of course change the settings to allow the temperature to go up and maintain the exhaust off to hold on to the CO2. Not sure if that is possible for the plants to withstand. Hence my temperature question in my previous post.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by Gov.-

Precise and accurate temperature control is likely the most important parameter for a successful grow. It was also my biggest fear when I stepped into the pool. lol, I ran dry for a week as I tweaked, McGyvered, and tested everything BUT photosynthesis.

I would say 85 is the max you want to let it go, whoever says 90-95 is ideal they are sadly mistaken. the plants wont die at this temp but they will not produce what we want.

I hope you figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom