Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

re: Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

Playing around with the filters on my phone. Trying to avoid the hot pink or ice blue pictrues ... 11 days into flowering.

IMG_150311.JPG

IMG_150416.JPG

IMG_150516.JPG

IMG_150616.JPG

IMG_150916.JPG

IMG_151118.JPG

IMG_151314.JPG

IMG_151614.JPG

:slide:

Nice update you got a lot of power with the LEDs happening :D
The flowering initiation looks great if its only 11 days. Next week you will be a happy man when the ladies show their true form :D

This comment made me look back at pictures of my last grow at 11 days and compare. I am very happy with how things are moving along here. :)

So.. in a not-too-distant future grow, I was thinking of going DWC. I tried it once before and lost the battle to root-rot but I did see the ridiculously fast veg growth. I mean it was jaw dropping fast compared to the other media I have tried and the color of the clone became so green I think it glowed in the dark. But alas, that was then. I am ready to try again soon.

In preparation, I went to the store to get some simple supplies. Hydroton being one of them. But the store once again only had giant bags which I was hesitant to purchase. So, the store guy gave me a free sample bag of this other stuff. A Hydroton substitute called Growstones. Picture below....

IMG_150018.JPG

IMG_150218.JPG

It says its made from recycled glass material, not mined like other media. It is extremely light. I can carry that bag with one hand. Lots of soaking required. I want to make sure this stuff doesn't mess with the PH of anything it comes in contact with. So I am following directions and soaking overnight, rinsing well and soaking another overnight to be safe. (bag says 10 more hours but I'm going for another 24 to be sure.)

Anyone out there seen or used this stuff in their grow? Thanks!

Playing around with the filters on my phone. Trying to avoid the hot pink or ice blue pictrues ... 11 days into flowering.

IMG_151314.JPG

Pretty cool shots with your phone filters Seraphim ^ second to last is my favorite ^ can't say why though :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've never heard of Growstones - but it's always good to follow along and watch something new! Good luck!

^^ Thank you sir. Always great to have you by.

:Namaste:

Good Sunday to you all. Hope everyone is doing well.

It was a beautiful day in Colorado today and after feeding the ladies in the morning I took off on a motorcycle ride through these beautiful rocky mountain roads. Put in a good 200 miles or so on the hog. Riding is the only time I don’t mind not being home with the ladies. And even then, by the time I am heading back I am eager to see them again and spend time with them.

My birthday is coming up and I gave myself some new seeds to celebrate. I am very excited about the new genetics coming this way. In the main lineup we have Headband from Reserva Privada, Medical Seeds’ 1024, Humboldt Seed Organization’s Chemdawg and Blue Dream Haze from The Cali Connection. Plus they threw in 8 freebies that I am actually looking forward to like Master Kush and Louis XIII OG among others. Between that and what I already have on hand I should be all set for seeds for a while.

The ladies are all doing very well. The stretch is on full-blast. Both Blue Widow and Bubba Cheese are growing about one inch per day or so. I don’t see the same growth from Auto Dark Devil of course due to the small container the poor thing is in. But she otherwise looks healthy and flowering is on full speed ahead.

Blue Widow is bushing out to a beautiful seven head crown with numerous secondary buds all around those seven. Bubba-Cheese is turning out buds on all tips which look great. Can’t wait to see what they will look like when they are mature!

Here are some close ups of the ladies @ day 14 of flowering. These little bud sites are forming everywhere.

Blue Widow

IMG_159717.JPG

IMG_160117.JPG

Bubba Cheese

IMG_160617.JPG

IMG_160223.JPG

Auto Dark Devil

IMG_159118.JPG

Great shots and great report. I have to say I'm jealous of your ride...sounds freeing. Happy (upcoming) Birthday brother - Looks like you know how to treat yourself right with what's coming up in the mail.

My seeds arrived today. When I get a stretch of time I'll be into grow two. Probably Sunday or Monday. Crossing my finger for some decent buds!

Thank you sir! And congrats on the new seeds yourself. I will be looking forward to your new journal.

Great shots and great report. I have to say I'm jealous of your ride...sounds freeing. Happy (upcoming) Birthday brother - Looks like you know how to treat yourself right with what's coming up in the mail.

My seeds arrived today. When I get a stretch of time I'll be into grow two. Probably Sunday or Monday. Crossing my finger for some decent buds!

Hey Seraphim,

Love the journal so far, I have read other post by you and it seems to me that you have more knowledge about less than I. I am thinking about running 2 mars 700s for around 7 or potentially 8 plants under them. What is your opinion about running the high watts with that amount of foliage?

Well, this is my first run with the Mars-II 400's. I would be in a better position to intelligently respond to your question once my dry weights come in for this first round.

Having said that and without knowing enough about your setup or goals, I think off top of my head that 7 - 8 plants may be a little too many plants for 2x700s in my opinion.

Are you going SOG or SCROG at all? Or will you be doing LST? How long are you planning on vegging? What is your media? (hydro?/soil?), what is the size of your grow space? etc. More info = better feedback.

Also, have you grown with HID and are switching to LED or are you starting off growing on LED?

Well, I have a 6'x 5' area with one side going with 2 1000 watt hps, thinking that my electric bills are going to be getting bigger I was thinking of converting over to leds. I am growing in soil now and yes I plan on scroging them. I normally veg them until they reach about 20". I plan on musings the leds purely for flower, if need be I don't mind cutting the number of plants down to increase yield potential, I'm currently getting just over 1gpw with my hips and figured 700+ of true watts from the leds my methods could be replicated with the leds and produce more than one gpw. If that makes sense.

OK i see what you mean. However, remember that the 700s only really pull about 300watts out of the wall.

When it comes to LED my suggestion is take your time, do your research and don't pull the trigger on anything until you have done a serous amount of research. There are a lot of threads here on this site which have helped me figure out what's what. Right now, with my limited exposure to the LEDs out there, I think TopLEDs Mars-II makes the most sense for the dollar. But that is my current opinion (subject to change with exposure to new information) and opinions are like a.... bellybuttons! Everyone has one. hehe.

You will find interesting and relevant information in the following threads.

Check out COFinest's thread here, he's using a Mars-II 1600 on a scrog and looking to get a healthy crop from that.

Another interesting thread was the TopLED vs Advanced LED. By Crawdaddy. In this case there was no noticeable difference between the TopLED side and the Advanced side. Except of course the astronomical price difference favoring TopLED.

Light Addict is turning up serious nugs with the Budmaster-II here And I think he's going to be reviewing the GOD lamp next.

Well, I have a 6'x 5' area with one side going with 2 1000 watt hps, thinking that my electric bills are going to be getting bigger I was thinking of converting over to leds. I am growing in soil now and yes I plan on scroging them. I normally veg them until they reach about 20". I plan on musings the leds purely for flower, if need be I don't mind cutting the number of plants down to increase yield potential, I'm currently getting just over 1gpw with my hips and figured 700+ of true watts from the leds my methods could be replicated with the leds and produce more than one gpw. If that makes sense.

Thank you for the direction, I still have a few weeks before I pull the trigger on anything. I do appreciate your guidance.

Also, if you are looking for 1000W-HID performance I would look no less than the Mars-II 1600

Anytime! Glad I could help a bit.

Thank you for the direction, I still have a few weeks before I pull the trigger on anything. I do appreciate your guidance.

Just got back in town from a work trip. Nice to come home and see how they've grown! Well here, have a look for yourself! They are both 19 days into flowering here.

Here are some shots of Blue Widow. Taken at the time of lights out just before closing the tent.

IMG_167718.JPG

IMG_167821.JPG

IMG_167917.JPG

IMG_168019.JPG

IMG_168117.JPG

Here are some shots of Bubba-Cheese

IMG_168215.JPG

IMG_168315.JPG

IMG_168416.JPG

IMG_168513.JPG

And here they are together.

IMG_168614.JPG

Fantastic looking flowers! Way to go!

/Obi
:Namaste:

Thank you Obi Wan and milehigh.... I am very happy with how things are coming along. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom