Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

re: Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

Thanks man! She does not have much longer to go. Maybe 2 weeks or so. I see a lot of cloudy heads. Not much clear, no much amber at all. Hope these autos can be adequately harvested according to trichome head color like regular buds.

Absolutely Gorgeous! :love:

Does Ms Devil have any nugs on the side or is it just one large cola?

You're welcome and yes, Ms Devil does have satellite buds growing besides her main cola. Its just the main cola is the most photogenic at this time.

As requested. Next to the universal size comparison tool, a Bic lighter.

To be fair, I would not judge the light by the size of these buds because this automatic is in a super small pot and is likely root bound and has no where to grow much.

When I decided to go to an auto grow I looked up a few "LED auto grows" on 420 and have found magnificent bud shots on a bunch of journals and subscribed to a couple. I hope to be among them someday

Really enjoy your auto grow Seraphim - and the others too! :)

Here are some shots of Blue Widow's and Bubba-Cheese buds next to universal size comparison tool. These buds are 26 days into flower and now have that rotten mango bubblegum smell that I absolutely looooooove and you only get with fresh growing or freshly harvested bud.

IMG_182017.JPG

IMG_182121.JPG

IMG_182221.JPG

IMG_182317.JPG

As you can see, these buds are about a week or so behind the automatic. In a couple of weeks these should be outgrowing the auto's buds.

Hello All,

The ladies are moving along very well. I gave Auto Dark Devi (AKA “Ms. Devil”) a light and careful bath in Epsom salts water with some cal-mag for other elements. Her leaves are showing a definite Cal-Mag deficiency. It could be PH in the root area so I fed foliar but not as liberally because we are technically 10 days away from chop-time. I don’t want to get those buds wet so close to harvest. All trichome heads are cloudy and there are hints of ambers here and there. My instinct is to start the flush. But such as small pot, I don’t know if I will need to flush so long as the root area is not that big. At the same time, I don’t want to get caught off guard with a sudden jump in amber trichs. So I will start flushing in a day or two and keep a keen eye on her.

These autos are a little different than what I am used to with regulars. Pistils are still white and not withered as I would expect at 10 days from harvest. Not that I care what the instructions say, they are done when they are done not when the label says they are done. But the trichomes don’t lie and at this stage they do look like 10 days or so, maybe even a little more or less could be right and that does put it a the 60-63 days range which the breeder advertises. So, at this point I will start moving forward as though 10 days to 2 weeks is a good target, and trichomes will confirm that as we get closer.

One thing is for sure, we are at the final home stretch for this little automatic. She was my first auto and what a pleasure to grow! Independence from photoperiod duties is something that I would have never given the weight it deserves unless I experienced it the way I just did, side by side a regular, photoperiod dependent grow. Time to harvest is a lot less too which is always nice. I now look at automatics with a different, much more favorable view. (Pending smoke report!)

Blue Widow

IMG_186713.JPG

Bubba-Cheese

IMG_186817.JPG

Ms. Devil

IMG_187314.JPG

One thing is for sure, we are at the final home stretch for this little automatic. She was my first auto and what a pleasure to grow! Independence from photoperiod duties is something that I would have never given the weight it deserves unless I experienced it the way I just did, side by side a regular, photoperiod dependent grow. Time to harvest is a lot less too which is always nice. I now look at automatics with a different, much more favorable view. (Pending smoke report!)

Great report and wonderful "hairy" pics Seraphim! I'm especially glad Ms Devil has pleased you! She changed her mutant ways and turned into a hearty and worthy flower. And, of course, looking forward to a smoke report...

:Namaste:

First, mayiI hijack your thread and put a link for my journal I just started? Secondly (you probably said before), when did you start nutes on the dark devil?

Yes sir you may. Of course. Please post a link so we can go visit.

Secondly, I started feeding her early as I grew directly in a coco/perlite mix which has nothing to offer a seedling (as opposed to soil which contains enough nutrients in it to sustain most seedlings for the first couple of weeks) The way I started was with Canna Start (label recommended dosage) and Canna Rhizotonic also as recommended per the label. This was all the "food" I gave at first for a few days and this started pretty much as soon as I saw green so pretty darn early. Then, when she was working on her second node and I started to notice a small discoloration on her first node I figured there are really no nutes in the media so I started feeding regular A/N nutes at baby doses per the label (1ml/Gal) and eventually increased to adult dose as she grew. Never had any problems. She has been a very strong plant and pleasure to grow. Her smell is distinctively piney lately when you rub on a bud.

First, mayiI hijack your thread and put a link for my journal I just started? Secondly (you probably said before), when did you start nutes on the dark devil?

Lights on at 5AM for everybody (Including me of course) and lights out for the auto at around 9:30PM so she gets 16.5 hours of light and sleeps about 7.5 hours a night.

How long are you letting your autos stay in light, if you don't mind me asking

She didn't completely change her mutant ways as she did have one branch that split into two all by itself but that was good because now I have twin buds growing there where there should be only one. Two buds are better than one. This was the branch that grew out of the mutant 11 blade leaf. Other than that there have been no issues and as I mentioned, a real pleasure to grow. I am re-considering the automatic route very seriously.

Great report and wonderful "hairy" pics Seraphim! I'm especially glad Ms Devil has pleased you! She changed her mutant ways and turned into a hearty and worthy flower. And, of course, looking forward to a smoke report...

Has there been anything you read or experimented with with leaving autos in 24 light cycle? I'm just wondering if you would see any increase in growth with not allowing them sleep, seeing how it's on a clock, would it just speed up the process or allow them to grow more.

She didn't completely change her mutant ways as she did have one branch that split into two all by itself but that was good because now I have twin buds growing there where there should be only one. Two buds are better than one. This was the branch that grew out of the mutant 11 blade leaf. Other than that there have been no issues and as I mentioned, a real pleasure to grow. I am re-considering the automatic route very seriously.

Ah...The mutant shows you love. Almost like a superhero LOL.

I am finding some advantages as in "DON'T GO IN THAT ROOM DURING LIGHTS OUT SERIOUSLY DUDE" Sorry for the "yelling" but that's what I was doing with Hazel.

Has there been anything you read or experimented with with leaving autos in 24 light cycle? I'm just wondering if you would see any increase in growth with not allowing them sleep, seeing how it's on a clock, would it just speed up the process or allow them to grow more.

I am doing 18/6 with my sprouts (first auto grow) but will switch to 20/4 after they pass baby stage. The stuff I read and the auto journals I follow suggest optimal growth towards higher yield with a more intense lights on schedule. I will do the 4 hrs of lights out so they can rest and repair. Maybe 20/0 towards end of budding?

:peace:

Makes sense, just was curious since during veg 24/0 cycle is ok, autos could be done that way, but since flowering is a little more intensive than just veg growth seems like the plant would need a rest period.

I don't have enough experience with autos to answer that and I have not done much research on them.

I would listen to Catman12 as I would guess he's done more research than I on this topic.

Green mutant or not, she's a living being in my care and I will do my best to protect and nurture her. My only regret is not having planted her in a more adequately sized container.

Ah...The mutant shows you love. Almost like a superhero LOL.

:

Back
Top Bottom