Skunkpilot's Bubblelicious & BlackJack Regular Grow - 2013

re: Skunkpilot's Bubblelicious & BlackJack Regular Grow - 2013

I'm back...

I hope things will slow down after this weekend. Have been repairing a renters house so all my spare time has been cut in half. Decided to take Saturday off and worked on the flower room. I finished the tubs and the irrigation system so it is the same as the veg room. I also added some reflective material to the tubs. The light leak might be causing the roots to be stunted.

SAM_1651.JPG

SAM_1652.JPG

SAM_1654.JPG

SAM_1651.JPG

SAM_1641.JPG

SAM_1650.JPG

SAM_1648.JPG

SAM_1639.JPG

So now the kids have been moved into the flower room. I cloned one more time. Only one cutting from each plant this time. Now to find the sex, remove the males so I can harvest the pollen and then... Off with their heads!

SAM_1660.JPG

SAM_1661.JPG

More updates soon.

Thanks Ca. I have culled 2 male out of the flower room and put them into an unused shower in our trailer for now. I may have one more male to cull, but I am waiting another day to be sure. Also, I am having a tough time with my humidity. The plants are really transpiring a lot of liquid. So I have lowered the temperature and am opening the veg hood a bit to push out some of the humidity.

SAM_1678.JPG

SAM_17281.JPG

SAM_17512.JPG

SAM_1748.JPG

SAM_17461.JPG

what size pot is that monster male in?

I have a theory that if I give my plants shallower but wider pots, I will grow more of bushes than beanstalks (as my mom called my basil plant by the window once lol)

They are in 6" pots placed in a margarine tub till the pollen pods open, then the ax. This grow got away from me due to the family issues. I'm trying to get a better grasp on it on the fly. The plants are way too tall and should have been placed into flower 3 weeks before they were. Will try to upload some pictures tonight. I am going to try some LST but the stalks are 1/2" to 5/8" thick. Don't know if I can bend them with a crowbar. Next time... one strain at a time. It's so much easier that way. And maybe femaleized seeds too.

Hey Ca215. Always expected males due to using regular seeds. I wanted to have pollen for future seeds. Maybe shouldn't have been my 3rd grow. :hmmmm:

Also with all that's going on... I should have planned better. The plants where in veg too long and without training. Waiting to clone and then waiting to try to sex the clones first was a bad idea. Dialing in all the new upgrades in the grow room and a few delays there cost me time. And trying to do this with everything else happening... just bad timing choices.

I found that running the room warmer so I could use the Co2 was causing a HUGE humidity climb. 78f deg and 82% humidity. I have cut off the Co2 for now and have opened the hood a bit to push the humidity out. Seems to have controlled the environment a bit better.

SAM_1782.JPG

I also need to remember to when I change things in the room, to put things back into "Grow" mode. I increased the water times and forgot to plug the timer into the outlet. Woke up yesterday morning to this.

SAM_1772.JPG

SAM_1773.JPG

SAM_1777.JPG

They have all recovered by this morning, But boy... what a buthead move!

Have you done much reading on the pollen subject? Would like to be pointed in the right direction if you know of some good info buddy.
82% rH yikes what a spike, and the girls oh no!! Another couple great catches though I must say on this grow skunk, with the ordeals coming up you seem to have been keeping them alive and prospering buddy, great job. Like the idea of opening up your hood :) I remember coming home during the last outdoor grow and the pots were drying a little quick in 110f, they would resemble the pictures above but right when they were able to drink they were better than ever and perky as heck :yummy: Looks like you can get that lst you wanted now with those noodle stems ;) Stay well skunky!

The male pods are starting to open so I will start collecting pollen for the next few days, then all attention will go to the girls. Did some tying and arranging. Will post pictures later today.

Geez, how time can get away from us. Been a bit lacking on the updates, so here we go.

The males are producing pollen and with a bit of open time on my schedule tomorrow, I will collect and start drying it. I will try to use a small paper bag to collect it in. The girls are starting to flower nicely and they have taken the LST without any stress. The clones are 3 weeks into veg and have to be transplanted into the 6" netpots. That's this weekends project.

It's a boy!
20131212_101638.jpg

20131212_101654.jpg

The girls

SAM_1856.JPG

SAM_18632.JPG

SAM_1870.JPG

SAM_1875.JPG

The veg crew.

SAM_1879.JPG

Tried to take a picture with my phone and this is what I got. Think I will stay with the camera.

20131215_094613.jpg

Stay stoned my friends.

I finally got into town to pick up the 6" net pots so I can transplant the clones and prep them for the flower room. All the plants are root bound and should start filling out the netpots with roots soon.

SAM_18992.JPG

SAM_1897.JPG

SAM_18961.JPG

SAM_19071.JPG

SAM_1902.JPG

SAM_1905.JPG

In the flower room, all is well. the Bubblelicious is having a bit of N loss or lockout so I am watching that, but all else is going well.
Hope you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR

SAM_19081.JPG

SAM_19091.JPG

SAM_1911.JPG

SAM_19121.JPG

Ohhhyea, veg crews root zones were just waiting to be let loose, time to kick into high gear! :rocker:
Absolute jungle in the flower room, great sight skunk. Hope the holidaze were well for ya :Namaste:

I hope all had a wonderful and festive Merry Christmas, and to those who don't participate.... hope you had a great day too. :circle-of-love:

The ladies are starting to crystalize and buds are popping everywhere. The reservoir system seems to be working great and all the plants are getting enough water and fertilizer that they don't act stressed. I might have gotten control of the nute lockout.

SAM_1940.JPG

SAM_1956.JPG

SAM_1954.JPG

SAM_19551.JPG

SAM_1941.JPG

SAM_19491.JPG

SAM_19501.JPG

I plan to fertilize the Black Jack and clean the bottom suckers. Still don't know if I want to trim the fan leaves or leave them alone.

SAM_1959.JPG

I did some more LST on the vegging clones. I am trying them cross ways on the tubs to see how the bud sights will fit into the flower scrog.

Thanks CA and as for the jungle... I might just let this grow go and test the trimming / no trimming on the clone grow and see how the two strains handle it.

SAM_1918.JPG

SAM_19201.JPG

SAM_1933.JPG

SAM_1934.JPG

SAM_1938.JPG

SAM_1917.JPG

SAM_1930.JPG

SAM_1936.JPG

Interesting lst skunk :thumb: I think we both have an issue with a P/k lockout or deficiency, I am seeing the same purpling streaks of the stems and branches. What did ya end up narrowing it down too? Was it N?
Random Q, with that size c02 tank, round about how long do you have for running that generator about a week or two if ran constantly on low?

Hi CA215. The lock out may have been due to using a 3 part fertilizer and not adding any other nutes. I started adding molasses, sweet, hydroplex and raised the PPM from 850 to 1200-1400. I'm still trying to find something to use as a netting to cover the buds when I pollinate the lower buds. Thinking about using several kitchen hair nets or maybe a surgical cap. I just don't like the paper bag idea. I want the buds to have some light while making seeds.

Don't know about the tank info yet. It is a 50 pound aluminum tank I had pressure tested and filled. I had been running it earlier in the grow, but stopped when I couldn't control the humidity due to the room being too tight had to open the light hood to pressurize the humidity out. I had ran the tank on a timer at 5 minutes every hour at lights on, @ .5 cm to raise the Co ppm from 350-400 to 1200-1600. (Except when I forgot and left the tank on manual over night). I figure the tank will make it through 2 grows before I have to refill. I will try to run it again when I pickup a dehumidifier and build the room exhaust.

I did a bit more tying on the clones in the veg tubs. I was worried about pulling the roots out of the Coco, but as you can see... I'm not worried any more. :thumb:

SAM_2002.JPG

SAM_2005.JPG

SAM_2005.JPG

I gave the reservoirs a quick clean today and added a bit of an angle to them so the pumps don't run dry.

SAM_1986.JPG

SAM_1984.JPG

SAM_1983.JPG

The girls are looking great and are starting to fatten up. Tomorrow I will pollinate at least two buds on each plant, (come hell or high water) and will use paper bags. I had been looking for plastic vegetable bags that are supposed to vent some gasses but have not found any yet. Pictures of the pollination will follow. Don't look if your squeamish. :slide:

nice.. awesome looking plants and setup. those sativa looking genetics make it even more exciting

Back
Top Bottom