Some Classic Favorites & Other Things In Soil

Got to make sure you give them 2 TBS of H2O a couple times a day ;) I go deeper than most. My last round I planted all of them at 5/8" - 3/4" deep and all 12 were extremely healthy. For some reason when they have to fight to break top soil, they really come up healthy and ready to grow. I only know this works with peat based medium YMMV. :Namaste:

Hey All. This is great 5/8" to 3/4"? good info.:thanks: DrC.
I use a number 2 pencil and make a hole up to the metal on the eraser end (or that is how I learned all those years ago.)
So my last one had too much EWC as a top dress and I should have gone deeper to get rid of the seed shell. Now that i am getting back into growing I still use the pencil eraser depth. But, I should have gone deeper on my last one poor thing..

Got to make sure you give them 2 TBS of H2O a couple times a day ;) I go deeper than most. My last round I planted all of them at 5/8" - 3/4" deep and all 12 were extremely healthy. For some reason when they have to fight to break top soil, they really come up healthy and ready to grow. I only know this works with peat based medium YMMV. :Namaste:

Hey All. This is great 5/8" to 3/4"? good info.:thanks: DrC.
I use a number 2 pencil and make a hole up to the metal on the eraser end (or that is how I learned all those years ago.)
So my last one had too much EWC as a top dress and I should have gone deeper to get rid of the seed shell. Now that i am getting back into growing I still use the pencil eraser depth. But, I should have gone deeper on my last one poor thing..

Cannabis is one plant I break the planting depth rule on. Generally the rule is seeds get planted at a depth 2-3 times the seed length. I too go a bit deeper because the friction needed to slough the shell.

:Namaste:

You guys are such good growers there is no doubt I'll put this in my arsenal of information. I'm sure the other newbies will too. As a matter of fact, I had two seeds that spent the night in water and went into jiffy seedling mix this morning.....at approximately 3/4 inch and watered well. More about them later.

Classic team is doing well.

DSC_095215.JPG

Blue Dream
DSC_095413.JPG

Chemdawg
DSC_095610.JPG

Panama
DSC_095810.JPG

Amherst Sour Diesel
DSC_09608.JPG

Have a great day folks. Along with planting those seeds, I've had the car inspected (what a rip off), cleaned the kitchen and I'm almost ready for a haircut which is scheduled today. I get to see my one good cannabis buddy. :love::love:

Have a great day folks.

Looks like you are off to an awesome start MJ. Things are progressing quickly. One of my seedlings poked its head up this morning so I'll be chasing right behind you.

Good morning MJ I tried to PM you but I can't for a while. My question can wait. Wanted to share with you of my new order! After reading about your wake and bake and high approval of the pineapple express I had to order some. I have 3 of each ordered Pineapple Express, Dark Devils and Northern Light. All auto's and will be the first time I will have laid eyes on a auto plant! Yep I have been living a sheltered life :rofl: Have a great day:volcano-smiley:

Blue Dream - Day 10
Chemdawg - Day 11
Panama - Day 11
Amherst Sour Diesel - Day 3

What a great day. It's been cool and bright in the mornings and my coffee, cigs and wake & bake all mix together to put me in a great place.

Team Classics are all playing nice nice. I try my best to show you what I see. Actually, it's better than I can see. I'm still recovering from my right eye cataract surgery and the left eye will be done next Wednesday. I magnified the individual shots so your nose will be right there.

Anyway, everything except the ASD should now have roots tippy toeing into my 2nd run mix. They got water yesterday if you're playing the game at home. I always love this first part of a grow. That next set of leaves will be the topping point.

Team Classics

DSC_09629.JPG

BD

DSC_096312.JPG

DSC_0963a.jpg

CD

DSC_09647.JPG

DSC_0964a.jpg

Pam

DSC_096510.JPG

DSC_0965a.jpg

ASD

DSC_096610.JPG

DSC_0966a.jpg

Special Treat. Some of you know I had a Jack Herer clone outdoors that got ugly junk on the stem. I stopped trying to spray her with stuff and I've just let her go. I've fed her only with Budswell and she hasn't been photographed much. She's still alive and I'm hoping she'll hermie and self seed. I'll let her go to the end.

DSC_096710.JPG
DSC_097312.JPG

I'm not sure what type of duties I'll avoid today. Actually, I may move some items off the to-do list. Have a great day folks. :bongrip: :hug:

I'd love for you to rate this thread if you have a chance.:high-five:

Good morning at 3:00 in the PM!

The panama looks great. Want to grow some but can't justify the time and indoor space in my tent right now.
That Jack Herer is probably the scragliest thing I've seen. +Reps for letting her live out a good life. And thanks for sharing.

Blue Dream - Day 12
Chemdawg - Day 13
Panama - Day 13
Amherst Sour Diesel - Day 5

I saw that SweetSue got her passport and it reminded me that mine expires next year. I'm thinking about visiting Panama. Wouldn't that be nice!

Yesterday was a tough day for me. The ramp ministry that I help started one yesterday and we were finished in about 4 hours. I tried my best to drink something all the time but still got a little dehydrated. Oh well, I got through it.

Team looked good this morning but pots are getting light. I'm going to do a proper drench here soon with aerated water. I didn't really mean to put off the training but I was somewhat reluctant to begin the topping. So I got my exacto knife out this morning and sterilized it with ISO. Then took Panama's head off. It's hard to come up with an exact taste but it was delicious. I can imagine a bowl full with a few cherry tomatoes and maybe a bit of celery. Just a spritz of oil and vinegar and it would make a nice salad.

Anyway, here's the photos for the day. Lots of yard work needs to be done here so I'll be out there again having fun.

Classic Team

DSC_098912.JPG

Panama

DSC_099011.JPG
DSC_099211.JPG
DSC_09938.JPG
DSC_09947.JPG

How quickly will she get to 7s? Not sure but we're sure to let you know by my excitement. :thanks: all for stopping by. I hope your day will be filled with joy. :love:

Pineapple Express is in my :bongrip: That could be why I uploaded a blurry team pic...:rofl:

Good Morning Magic Man. :)

All the kids look wonderful. Sorry about the ASD, it happens now and then. :(
The outdoor girl looks like it may produce at least a little something for you, and I agree on kudos for just letting her do her thing and finish out.

I think I'm caught up now. Great close up of the helmet and membrane! (I plant deeper than most too, and I like to pat the top of the soil down a bit)
Anyway, hope you have a great wake and bake this morning.

:circle-of-love:

And, of course...you got an "excellent" rating from me. Your journals are always excellent.

Good Morning Magic Man. :)

All the kids look wonderful. Sorry about the ASD, it happens now and then. :(
The outdoor girl looks like it may produce at least a little something for you, and I agree on kudos for just letting her do her thing and finish out.

I think I'm caught up now. Great close up of the helmet and membrane! (I plant deeper than most too, and I like to pat the top of the soil down a bit)
Anyway, hope you have a great wake and bake this morning.

:circle-of-love:

And, of course...you got an "excellent" rating from me. Your journals are always excellent.

Yes Canna, I had a sweet wake and bake. Two small bowls of my fave, Jack Herer. Thanks for the compliments. I have two autos attempting to germinate in their final pots. I'll have to check my notes to determine when I should be concerned.

I'm just going to dump some photos. I love these plants when they're young and building their structure. Then I pull, poke and prod them with gentle LST.

Blue Dream - Day 13
Chemdawg - Day 14
Panama - Day 14
Amherst Sour Diesel - Day 6

DSC_10008.JPG
DSC_10028.JPG
DSC_100511.JPG
DSC_10089.JPG
DSC_10114.JPG
DSC_10164.JPG

Have a great day folks. :love:

Hey MJ, morning brotha, your lil girls are looking very happy. They're off to a great start. One of these times i gotta try that Blue Dream everyone but me , seems to have grown it...starting to feel i'm missing something with not growing it, ya know! Anyhow i'm gonna be watching this grow , specifically the BD. Cheers and have an awesome day bud..it's Saturday after all eh!:circle-of-love::thumb:

Hey MJ, morning brotha, your lil girls are looking very happy. They're off to a great start. One of these times i gotta try that Blue Dream everyone but me , seems to have grown it...starting to feel i'm missing something with not growing it, ya know! Anyhow i'm gonna be watching this grow , specifically the BD. Cheers and have an awesome day bud..it's Saturday after all eh!:circle-of-love::thumb:

Yeah duggan. I kept reading about Blue Dream being at the top of the dispensary's list. I don't think I ever read why peeps liked it so much but there was the demand factor. It had to be good. It must be good. It will be good. :rofl:

and so now I want to try one of those KKs. Enjoy your week end. Three days in a row I've done a tremendous amount of work in the mornings. I'm cranked up again and will now enjoy a little rest. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom