Stevehman's Advanced LED 360 vs. 180 - Multiple Strains - NFT Grow 4.0

Hey steve ladies are looking great brother getting nice an frosty those damn caramels are very time consuming for me Ill be getting that NOTM ready just trimming an hanging right now
Looking forward to seeing that entry. Do you have a projection on your final weight?

Hello stevehman, I'm sorry I haven't been by your room here to see your beautiful ladies in so long...I LOVE your system, I covet it actually! I'm sorry, but I really DO! I think yours is a GENIUS system, the BEST I've ever seen home-built! I Am going to build one like it someday...when I have enough money I will, but I currently do not have enough money to afford that at this time.
Anyways, I see that your girls are looking as good as usual...I'm really thankful that you shared with us all how you put your system together....If they ever gave an award for best system developed by a home grower- I'd say you'd HAVE to be the winner! I'm serious, I really think it's that good.
So congratulations to you dude, I hope you have continuous successes.....
RVG:popcorn::circle-of-love::bravo::nicethread:

RVG,
Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad that others can learn something form my experiences. I've learned so much from others here, which is why this is the only MMJ site I visit. I love the 420magazine community.

If I can ever get enough free time I want to put together a few tutorial DIY threads, maybe post some videos as well. Just need the time. I am constantly thinking of ways to improve the system. I'll keep everyone posted when I do upgrades.

:Namaste:

:circle-of-love:

No sense in delaying the inevitable... I just ordered up some Gigabud beans :high-five:
I have a whole bunch of Giga-clones in the ezcloner getting ready for the next grow....nothing but Gigabud! I think it will be a huge producer, I will let the clones veg for an extra week after I put them in the box (I didn't veg these ones at all). I think that will give them a little more height and that should equate to more buddage.

Depending on the smoke report, I think the G-bud will make it into the permanent rotation. I plan to whittle my seed bank dow to the top 5~6 strains (out of 22) to see which are going to be producers. You can already cross Twilight off the list.

I have a whole bunch of Giga-clones in the ezcloner getting ready for the next grow....nothing but Gigabud! I think it will be a huge producer, I will let the clones veg for an extra week after I put them in the box (I didn't veg these ones at all). I think that will give them a little more height and that should equate to more buddage.

Depending on the smoke report, I think the G-bud will make it into the permanent rotation. I plan to whittle my seed bank dow to the top 5~6 strains (out of 22) to see which are going to be producers. You can already cross Twilight off the list.

Hi steve :)

Your G-Bud sounds like a good strain. Hope she turns out to be awesome for you.

I planted the other Twilight and she is healthy,,,about 2 inches tall. However I think I'm going to kill her. I've read so much bad about her, I don't want to a give her a space in my tent, when I could be growing something much more productive. OMM

Thanks for the journals Stevehman. I'm a member for life thanks to you..lol It took me 4 days to read all of your journals on my iPhone, but its been worth every bit of my time. I've been looking in to LED's and that's what brought me here. Let's just say I'm sold..lol You and everyone on your thread has been very inspirational. I hope to keep learning and contribute all that I can. You have all of my votes. :goodluck:

Thanks for the journals Stevehman. I've been looking in to LED's and that's what brought me here. Let's just say I'm sold

Steve's prior thread convinced me that the Advanced 180 was the real deal. LEDs are expensive and there are a lot of knock-offs. I needed to see the results over time in a grow area similar in size to my own. Steve delivered and evidence and Advanced got the sale. I just finished up a grow with my new lights and have been very pleased that it maintained the light penetration (it was replacing a 250W HPS) while significantly reducing the temps in my cabinet.

Steve's prior thread convinced me that the Advanced 180 was the real deal. LEDs are expensive and there are a lot of knock-offs. I needed to see the results over time in a grow area similar in size to my own. Steve delivered and evidence and Advanced got the sale. I just finished up a grow with my new lights and have been very pleased that it maintained the light penetration (it was replacing a 250W HPS) while significantly reducing the temps in my cabinet.

I feel ya. I've had 4 small grows under my belt(1 old school 4' floresents & 3 cfl) and I wasn't very pleased with the results. Of corse heat, sent, and proper lighting was the problem. I figured hps would solve the lighting but it was a bit unpractel with to space that I'm used to. LED is the answer for me now it's just choosing what to go with, Advansed, GS, or--. I still need a bit of help with that.
Sorry Steve not trying to jack your thread.

Very nice grow. :high-five::nicethread:

@Littllman,
There are a bunch of light companies out there, some great and some are scammers. I can tell you from my experience with the two companies I have dealt with, Advanced LEDs hands-down is the best in my opinion. There are a lot of factors to consider when buying a light, especially at these prices.

First question you need to ask when ordering "do you have the light in stock and when will I get it?" There are too many people operating from their bedrooms selling drop-shipped lights from a website.

Also there is one company in particular that you must avoid at all costs. The owner had actually called the local sheriff's dept on one of her customers. I can't emntion the company or person's name her because both were banned by 420 (and for good reason).

I would do the research and when possible support the sponsors here.

@ozric,
Thanks for stopping by. Glad you're enjoying the show.

I was looking at the girls and notice the tell-tale sign of the early signs of bud rot on the single cola G-bud. I immediately cut her and took her out of the no other plants are affected.

I got online and ordered an Ozone generator for the space (remember this is an attic grow, so not a living space). I will run the ozone for 24 hours in the area to kill any mold spores that may be in there before the next grow.

I think the issue is that the single cola was so fat and thick that there wasn't enough airflow. I dissected the plant and was able to remove the top three inches and salvage the rest. Here is the cola(minus the top three inches) before trimming.
DSCN02434.JPG

I also noticed something interesting in the cloner. I cut these 6 days ago. They are all showing some signs of rooting:
DSCN02424.JPG

But the curious thing is, some of the clones I took were from areas on the mom that had been topped, so they already have two tops growing. These cuttings have shown the fastest--most vigorous rooting.
DSCN02393.JPG
DSCN02383.JPG

Not sure what the reasons for that are? It may be something I play with on future moms, creating multiple sites that have two tops to use as clones and then top those one more time once they have roots.

They should all have enough roots by the end of next week to go into the box and do a week of veg before I flip the 12/12.

Back
Top Bottom