Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800W Diamond Series - Mulitple Strains - Hempy Grow

Looking great as expected. Cant wait to see the finish!

I got a hundo says youre my first place horse in the cookoff :cheer:

Looking great as expected. Cant wait to see the finish!

I got a hundo says your my first place horse in the cookoff :cheer:

Well, the way my stuff is looking, I'm not exactly brimming with confidence. And by that, I mean, your hundo is probably a safe bet.

I had posted a pic on McMuffinFace's journal 63W LED x 2 Micro Grow to show how I was dealing with my tent-suck issue. As I looked at the picture I realized how fast these plants are growing.

On 12 September:
DSC_9290.JPG

And from today:
DSCN01696.JPG

I've used some of the green garden tie wire to make a semi-scrog to control some of the taller branches and have the darkstar in the front kind of trellised across almost like a grape vine. I just wrapped the wire tie around the branch and then tied it to the other side--instant training.

Day 33 in 12/12:

Every thing is looking very frosty in the tent. I went through my list of seeds an charted out the projected finish times. I put them in a spreadsheet so I can easily adjust dates for future grows (just change the date in the first cell and the rest will update). It looks like I will have a harvest stretching out for the entire month of October.

The Gigabuds are advertised to finish in 5-6 weeks. My last grow I was skeptical it could do that (the X on the spreadsheet is the harvest date of previous grows). Looking at the G-buds in Grow 5.0 leads me to think the 6 weeks is very realistic. I'm not even at 5 weeks and they are getting ridiculously big. Check out Grow 5.0 to see.

Here is my timeline to finish spreadsheet:
Finish_timeline.JPG

The strains in yellow are in the tent, you can see they will mature throughout the month of October, so I can do my trimming over a few weeks and as one group is dry I can move the next group in.

Here are a few shots of the various buds in the tent.
DSCN01704.JPG
DSCN01717.JPG
DSCN01735.JPG
DSCN01745.JPG
DSCN01753.JPG
DSCN01774.JPG
DSCN01787.JPG
DSCN01796.JPG

I didn't label them, if anyone thinks they are a weed-ologist you can take a guess at which one is which. I have the answer key :)

Well, im definitely an uncertified weed-ologist. I think we pretty much all are :) but i have no idea. Maybe if I could smell each one? With a blindfold. Now thats what i call the Cola Challange.

Here's my guess, in order of appearance:

PChunk, DarkStar, Carmelicious, Gigabud, Gigabud, Twilight, Twilight, Twilight

I could be mixing up the DarkStars with the Twilights, but then again, I could have them ALL wrong! :)

Here's my guess, in order of appearance:

PChunk, DarkStar, Carmelicious, Gigabud, Gigabud, Twilight, Twilight, Twilight

I could be mixing up the DarkStars with the Twilights, but then again, I could have them ALL wrong! :)

It goes: Carm, Twilight, Pchunk, Pchunk, Gbud, Pchunk, Darkstar, Pchunk.

I guess the Pchunk is most photogenic. The carms are the frostiest. I'll get a better shot of the Twilight, it is shaping up to looking very distinct from the others. The Darkstars are still small, but they have 3 weeks longer to finish than the rest.

That was a rather nice spreadsheet you had there Steve. Any chance it has a google docs or sharefile version :) . The girls are looking great. Sorry, I haven't been around for much of the discussion. A 2300 mile move, job change, finding a rental, and looking for a home to purchase has been taking we too much of my time.

That was a rather nice spreadsheet you had there Steve. Any chance it has a google docs or sharefile version :) . The girls are looking great. Sorry, I haven't been around for much of the discussion. A 2300 mile move, job change, finding a rental, and looking for a home to purchase has been taking we too much of my time.
I'll second the request for a copy of the s:goodjob:preadsheet

I've had several requests for copies of the spreadsheet, both in the thread and via PM. I will send out the spreadsheet tomorrow morning to those I have an email address for. Not sure if putting it up on Google Docs is an option or not, or if there is a place within 420 that can host files for download? I could send it to a mod for posting if that's an option.

Placed an order for ten of the three gallon air pots today. I will be using them in the tent for the next grow to see how they do in a coco coir grow. I plan on building the undercurrent next month as well, but that will go into a larger tent once most likely in November time frame.

I will pick five of my bonsai mom plants for a full grow out and will take clones off of them to become the moms, and the other five pots will have the plants for the Iron Chef Challenge with JZ (looks like it will be Pineapple Express). The tent should be plenty full again as soon as this grow is completed.

Placed an order for ten of the three gallon air pots today. I will be using them in the tent for the next grow to see how they do in a coco coir grow. I plan on building the undercurrent next month as well, but that will go into a larger tent once most likely in November time frame.

I will pick five of my bonsai mom plants for a full grow out and will take clones off of them to become the moms, and the other five pots will have the plants for the Iron Chef Challenge with JZ (looks like it will be Pineapple Express). The tent should be plenty full again as soon as this grow is completed.

You know what I'm gonna say SteveHman!

Airpots forever! :Namaste:

Hey Steve,
Looks amazing man! If you have posted this before, i must have missed it, but I remember reading that you have found the optimum distance for the leds. Could you please tell me what it is and also, what are your thoughts on a 300w DS in a 3x4 room?

Thanks

I am running a test on the height in Grow 5.0 (in sig block). I'll have the results in about two weeks. The test is on the last lights, the Extreme Flower, which are still great lights by the way.

I haven't tested the Diamond Series for height yet, I can only run so many tests at a time. That should be next though.

In a 3x4 area, I would go with a pair of lights, they will give you better coverage. You could probably get buy with two of the 200s but if your budget allows go for the 300 or 400s. If budget is a concern, buy one now and another when you finish up the grow. It will pay for itself and then some.

For the DS I wold start of higher than what you might expect and then lower them as the plants are used to the intensity of the lights. Clones and seedlings, 30~36 inches and then lower them.

What I do is start the clones off at 36 inches and go straight to 12/12, by the time they're done stretching the lights are about 18~20 and I never have to adjust them. Which is nice, because in my other grow they are rack mounted and not easily adjusted.

Thanks for stopping in. I will get some updated pics up soon.

Back
Top Bottom